This topic contains 11 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar invalid 5 years, 3 months ago.

• Author
    mowesten
    Participant

… To point out that the Wizards have won three of their last four without Wall? 

OhCanada-
    Participant

I wouldve waited at least one more game but they did beat OKC by 20 on the road. 

r377r377
      r377
      Participant

Of course they would of won that game – i had money on the thunder…

The Goat
    Participant

Wall has been performing below what we know he’s capable of, and his contract is as bad as Chris Paul’s going forward, but I don’t know that he has been going THAT badly.. seems he was hurt too. They better get used to having him on board cos no one else is going to pay him the billion dollars he’s owed, he is untradeable. 

Jr. ROXAS
    Participant

Everybody eats

invalid
    Participant

for a guy known as a playmaker, the team seems to do well with him on the sidelines. this also happened last year, they win more games with him injured. nice contract btw ha. 

Mr. Jewboy
    Participant

I was going to point this out too. They do have talent even without john wall, and may I even say great shooting? Both Beal and Porter Jr are elite shooters, so that right there should be enough for at least a contender for making the playoffs in the (top heavy) East.

That being said, what do you think about Bradley Beal? He is entering his prime at 25, and averaging career highs in points assists and rebounds, and they will just keep rising IMO withouth John Wall for the rest of the season. He also seems to have that dog in him, very aggressive and cluth player. I think he can lead a well rounded team, e.g the Pacers, or be a great #2 on a contender, like the Lakers( I would love to see him with Lebron).

To conclude I would love to see him and Wall part ways because I think they are both great and just do not work together

OhCanada-
    Participant

Washington does this every year. Slow start strong finish. I predict they make the playoffs.

Bmore_DC
    Participant

They are not better without Wall. Simple and plain. Watch the games. Theres always these cute stats they like to throw shade at Wall. I live in DC but im a Sours fan so this isnr a homer answer. Beal is good enough to be a #1 or #2 on a good team, so theyll win some games with him. But this isnt a case of addition by subtraction, i promise

OhCanada-
      Participant

Short term during the regular season they may have more success without him. But come playoff time theres no way Washington has a better shot at winning without Wall. Hes one of a kind.

invalid
        Participant

they wont win with him either. want to bet?

Evan_Milberg
    Participant

What it really boils down to is that Otto Porter is more assertive and confident when Wall isn’t in the lineup, and when Otto’s shooting well (particularly uptempo in transition), it allows the Wizards to space the floor, which is hard to do when Wall and Beal become ball dominant in half court sets. That doesn’t mean the team is better without Wall. It just means the team is better when Otto finds his rhythm. The other development of note is the emergence of Thomas Bryant, who is basically filling Gortat’s old role but doing it better. 

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login