This topic contains 5 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar RUDEBOY- 1 month ago.

• Author
    OhCanada-
    Participant

Or at least a candidate/all defensive team? Really, who’s been better and impacted winning more. Green and Gobert? Other than that maybe Caruso. Thybulle doesn’t log enough minutes. Turner and Trent Jr are on losing teams. Marcus Smart is another option.

2+
    armchairgmarmchairgm
    armchairgm
    Participant

I would say Draymond and Gobert are probably the favorites for DPOY. Then Giannis probably makes the other frontcourt spot . 2nd team in the frontcourt probably between Mikal Bridges, Anthony Davis, Joel Embiid, Myles Turner so I think Mobley would have a tough time.

1+
    armchairgmarmchairgm
    armchairgm
    Participant

I would say Draymond and Gobert are probably the favorites for DPOY. Then Giannis probably makes the other frontcourt spot . 2nd team in the frontcourt probably between Mikal Bridges, Anthony Davis, Joel Embiid, Myles Turner so I think Mobley would have a tough time.

NorrinRaddNorrinRadd
    NorrinRadd
    Participant

Good point about Mobley. I think since he’s a rookie he won’t get the award. Could be wrong, but I can see some of the players mentioned above getting it before him. That being said, he should get the award someday likely an earlier season for Mobley. He is that good on switches, timing, etc. He missed a few games, but who hasn’t? Mobley has even outplayed some of those dudes head up. Nice topic!

1+
    Hitster
    Participant

Evan seems to be really benefitting playing alongside Jarrett Allen and having another established big man alongside him and not having to be the team’s totally main defensive anchor.

I don’t see him being DPOY this season but could be a contender possibly for 3rd team. But he’ll be a leading contender for many years to come as long as he stays sound.
    I think he is clear ROY contender at the moment and a lock for all rookie tfirst team.

3+
    RUDEBOY-
    Participant

very few rookies come in2 the nba willing to commit to playing defense.. .but he’s still learning to perfect that craft..he often gets out muscled by bigger stronger players…

i have draymond as my dpoy..becuz he guards every position,create plays and a very vocal leader..

1+

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login