This topic contains 10 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar JVC 14 years, 10 months ago.

• Author
    valentine

im trying to get insight for my mock. who will the hawks take with the 19th pick?

Remarq
    Participant

I think they will take the best PG left or BJ Mullens if he’s there.

jcl249
    Participant

I think they will take eric Maynor but he is too much like Law. I like Lawson for you guys.

llperez

lots of things could change by the time the 19th pick comes around. I think they should use their pick to get a pg, possibly Teague or Lawson. Bibby is a free agent who can’t push the ball anymore and Acie Law is still unproven. Their other option is to go with a banger inside to add some more toughness. Maybe a Hansbrough or Blair if either of them fall to 19.

birdman113

right now i have them taking Hansbrough for my mock.

Michael.S.
    Participant

they go best pg available

KiD MaGiC973
    Participant

jeff teague or best player available

jrob215
    Participant

I can tell you that a lot of what they do in the draft depends on their FA plans. First, they have to decide who they want more: Mike Bibby or Marvin Williams. I would assume it would be Marvin, given that he just turned 23 and is a quality starter. But they can’t underestimate Bibby’s importance in pushing them into the playoffs for 2 straight seasons. Also, key contributors Flip Murray and Zaza Pachulia are FAs, meaning there are potentially two more needs to fill.

My guess is they’ll hope that one of the better PGs falls to them at 19. Eric Maynor is the best fit for Coach Woodson’s half court offense, and can act as a scorer and distributor. If he’s gone, I think they would be interested in Ty Lawson and BJ Mullens, as well as possibly using it to get rid of a bad contract in order to focus more on free agency.

bluedevils12
    Participant

jeff teague is still there but most likely he will be gone so ima think lawson goes 2 atl

thetruth
      Participant

he would fit good there at the 1.

JVC
    Participant

He isnt performing as well as Flynn, Lawson, Holliday, Jennings, Curry… he’s doing ok but always a step back to those other PG’s that will be selected in the lottery.

Then we have Teague and Maynor. One is going to Phily other to Atlanta.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login