This topic contains 14 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar sniper 23 hours, 36 minutes ago.

• Author
    nbarelli
    Participant

Nets Cavs Pacers all involved. I can’t believe Brooklyn just repeated history giving away 3 unprotected firsts and 3 pick swaps. Kyrie, Harden and KD on the same team is dangerous, but glue guys like Allen, Prince and Levert are important. We’ll see how it plays out, but I’d rather be the Rockets here, who ended up with Oladipo and Exum. Exum is actually still young and has just been extremely unlucky. I may be one of very few that still thinks he can be effective, but he has shown signs.
    Levert will be great on the Pacers and pairs well with Brogdon. I don’t know what the Cavs are doing collecting another big man, but I like Jarrett Allen and expect Drummond to go.

5+
    NorrinRaddNorrinRadd
    NorrinRadd
    Participant

Rodions Kurucs was sent to Houston in that trade too.

BothTeamsPlayedHard-BothTeamsPlayedHard-
    BothTeamsPlayedHard-
    Participant

Houston’s best hope with this return is that the pick in 2026 and the pick swaps in 2025 and 2027 come good. I have no idea why they wouldn’t want LeVert. They still have to live in a world where OKC has the right to swap picks with them this coming summer. Are they planning on letting Oladipo walk? They were left with a bill from a drunk frat boy who maxed out their credit card playing craps in Vegas and an angry trophy wife who was mad their wasn’t enough money to keep appeasing her. It was never going to look good, but I don’t get why they wouldn’t want LeVert. The Pacers just went in and snatched him and an additional couple years for Oladipo. It is good that Oladipo got off to a good start, but swapped him out for a comparable player with two more controlled years who is a little bit bigger and a couple years younger.

I have no clue why Cleveland wanted to get involved. I don’t think Allen moves the needle for anything they do, and comes with a bill due at the end of this season. The Bucks pick in 2022 probably won’t be all that high, but the probably would have had the cap room next summer to get Allen as a restricted free agent.

1+
      OhCanada-
      Participant

They have the cap space but would Allen sign to play there? Hes gonna have plenty of offers and they are better off not overpaying. That pick means nothing to Cleveland they have a team full of late 1st round picks, they have started to create an actual team out there in Cleveland and Allen’s efficiency will fit much better there than Drummond. This puts Drummond on the trade block and Toronto is actually a pretty good candidate to offer another 1st round pick. So if they can trade Drummond to Toronto for their draft pick they move up in the draft and swap Drummond for Allen. Baynes can be traded February 5th, so probably Baynes, Powell and 1st round pick definitely protected for Drummond?

I don’t care who your trading if you have a chance to pick up 7 years of a teams 1st round picks thats a done deal. They also added a borderline allstar with Oladipo and a solid young role player with Kurocs that will probably have an important role there fighting for means with the rookie Tate and Daniel House. Its like the Kawhi Leanord trade but they also got 7 years worth of picks.

Not sure what happened with the Pacers giving up on Oladipo but Caris Levert is a great player and very versatile should fit in well on that team.

Dazzling Dunks and Basketball Bloopers
    Participant

Chemistry is obviously going to be a concern and the haul of players and picks they gave up was massive but the roster they have left is still really scary. Hard to fault the franchise for making this move. From a talent perspective alone this makes them the likely championship front runners. I just have a hard time believing they can fit all 3 under the salary cap without anyone sacrificing. The question now falls on Nash, who is a first year coach without a very forceful type of personality. Can he find the right balance to keep everyone happy that’s going to maximize this teams potential. These are all 3 very ball-dominant players.

RUDEBOY-RUDEBOY-
    RUDEBOY-
    Participant

Trade Kyrie for Westbrook . And Jordan for Ibarka and Reunite the Band!!

1+
    stepback3stepback3
    stepback3
    Participant

Mike D’Antoni and Harden back together….

stepback3stepback3
    stepback3
    Participant

Rudeboy, don’t forget they have Jeff Green too.

2+
    RUDEBOY-RUDEBOY-
    RUDEBOY-
    Participant

i wouldnt call it a big 3 in brooklyn yet…kyrie absent has been a mystery..reports say he’s not happy not having steve nash as coach..stay tuned…

for the rockets wall,oladipo,cousins,tucker and wood on paper look promising..they need defenders,they r ranked 28th in rebounding..what r their plans for oladipo ? he’s scheduled to become a free agent next summer…will they move him at the deadline or sign him to the max?
    for the pacers-even though oladipo was averaging 20/5/4….sabonis & brogdon had moved ahead of him as their 2 best players….
    dont know why the cavs got involved,adding another big makes no sense right now…

sniper
    Participant

Brooklyn: Everytime one of these three-superstar super-teams emerges, I think, “There’s no way they will be happy sharing one basketball — it’s going to be a shitshow.” But then it always ends up working out. That said, one guy always made a big sacrifice offensively. Ray Allen in Boston, Chris Bosh in Miami, Kevin Love in Cleveland and Klay Thompson in GS (after Durant arrived) all basically became spot-up shooters with a little something extra. Which one of these guys in Brooklyn is going to do that? The obvious answer would be Kyrie, but who knows what’s even going on with him? Also, the other super-teams had one or usually two or three stars who had never won a ring and were *hungry.* Brooklyn is weird in that the guy who’s won two rings and is already a top-10 player all-time seems like the hungriest; Kyrie won one ring as the #2 guy and at the moment seems like the opposite of “hungry” for more rings; Harden has won nothing and while he’s clearly hungry, it looks like his hunger is more focused on all-you-can-eat buffets. So I’m skeptical. But they’re a nightmare to guard, especially if/when Kyrie comes back, so I’m sure they’ll make some noise.

Houston: If Wall and Oladipo are the players they were three years ago, this team doesn’t look bad. Those guys plus Wood (playing like an all-star), vets like Tucker and Gordon, and a bunch of shooters off the bench: House, McLemore, Kurucs. Boogie looks pretty good so far. They’re solid and deep — but both LA teams, Denver, Utah, Golden St., Phoenix and Portland have two players better than anyone on the Rockets. I think they’ll be fighting for that 8th spot with San Antonio and New Orleans, in that new play-in thing they’re doing. I know the draft picks were the main thing Houston wanted … but by the time those picks turn into good players, it’s 50/50 that Houston and Brooklyn will be underwater, and Cleveland and Indianapolis will be two gangs of plague-ravaged bikers fighting over gasoline, so I have a hard time caring.

Cleveland: Yes their roster is absurdly unbalanced, but Jarrett Allen is not just another big man. He’s a star. I totally understand why they got involved to do this. And Prince is a guy who can help them.

Indiana: Probably a lateral move talent-wise but it brings stability to the roster as LeVert is under contract for a couple years.

1+
      Anton1234
      Participant

No mention of Dallas in the West?

1+
        sniper
        Participant

Dallas is a really good team and I expect them to make the playoffs comfortably if they stay healthy. They’re kind of unusual among the top teams in the West in that they only have one superstar (I don’t consider KP a superstar, and even if he were he’s always hurt. He’s like a taller and more fragile Christian Wood). That’s why I didn’t mention them … but they’re really good. They have Luka, they’re super well-prepared and everyone knows his role and fills it like a pro. I like them a lot.

Dazzling Dunks and Basketball Bloopers
      Participant

I actually think Durant is going to be the guy who might sacrifice the most, from a numbers perspective anyway. Even though he is the best player of the group, he is also the oldest and coming off a serious injury (which he has come back from absolutely incredibly so far by the way). His game is just so versatile that moving to more of an off the ball role won’t limit his effectiveness in the way it would harden or kyrie. He has done it before in his career. Plus it may keep him fresher down the stretch. Make no mistake when I say sacrifice though, I don’t mean he is going to be playing the Chris Bosh role and he’s still the guy they will likely look to at the end of games.

RUDEBOY-RUDEBOY-
    RUDEBOY-
    Participant

The New York Media has Given the Nets Backcourt of Harden and Kyrie a Nickname Already “”FLAT & FAT”!

1+
      OhCanada-
      Participant

Barkley said KD went from the Splash Brothers to the Dribble Brothers.

2+

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login