This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar Hitster 3 years, 3 months ago.

• Author
    Nilonator
    Participant

Who would say no to this trade?

Portland:
    Harden

Houston:
    McCollum
    Nurkic
    Simons
    Unprotected First

1+
    sniper
    Participant

I do think Portland needs to trade McCollum, because a Dame/CJ backcourt is just too small.

But Harden has proven he can’t or doesn’t want to coexist with another ball-dominant guard. Ultimately Portland says no because they think Harden will leave when his player option comes up in two years … if the Lillard/Harden relationship doesn’t blow up before then.

3+
    Nilonator
    Participant

I agree it would be a risk for Portland but what are they waiting for? Currently they will sneak into the playoffs and lose first round, 2nd at a stretch, so why not try and go big?
    I also think of all the star guards, Dame would be the most likely to take a back seat to harden for the betterment of the team and like him or not Harden can get wins.

canadabasketballisrisingcanadabasketballisrising
    canadabasketballisrising
    Participant

I agree that a Lillard might be the best fit for Harden. Harden clearly wants to play with other gresat players to win, and it doesntlook like golden state is willing to trade for him. That star is going to be ball domiant not matter who it is. That star has to be able to shoot very well if they are going to be off ball more. This could be possible.

Hitster
    Participant

The team I still see considering a run at Harden are the Knicks they own all their picks and have so expiring deals. They may not be able to send Houston the sort of deal they desire but the Knicks have a nice range of picks they could send including a couple from Dallas and with a few young assets could put a decent deal Houston’s way.

The Knicks would get nearly two seasons of Harden and would have time to try and find him a good running mate and with Harden in situ they become a much more attractive option for FA’s. Also Harden going East shakes things up a bit and the chance to play in MSG might be the challenge he needs.

2+

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login