This topic contains 5 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by r377 r377 3 days, 18 hours ago.

• Author
    Dazzling Dunks and Basketball Bloopers
    Participant

Lauri Markannen- after showing a lot of promise in his first 2 seasons, many expected him to take another leap this year. Hasn’t happened. He’s in a massive shooting slump and looks lost on the floor.
    Marc Gasol- I know the days of him being an offensive fulcrum are over, and he has accepted his role in Toronto nicely. Still, the fact that he is averaging just 6 ppg in 29 min, and shooting just 32% from the field (including 25% on 2s) has to be somewhat concerning
    Aaron Gordon- numbers across the board are down from a season ago. The magic bet on him by signing him to big deal 2 summers ago. Showed some growth last year but has seemingly regressed.
    Mike Conley- I still think you can chalk his early struggles up to fitting into a new system, but Utah needs him to play a lot better if they hope to seriously contend
    Joe ingles- another guy that is struggling to adapt to a smaller role. Was considered one of the best role players in the league the past few seasons, but hasn’t really found his niche yet in a new lineup
    Terrance Ross- got paid this summer after a career year last season. So far it’s looking like a pretty bad investment for Orlando.

3+
    OhCanada-
    Participant

Kevin Knox
    Knicks loaded up on forwards this offseason and Knox has been the odd man out. Hes clearly a forward but his role has constantly been changing. He even started a game at a SG a few nights ago but still only got 17 minutes. All this despite the Knicks racking up losses. As a result his production has been inconsistent. Knox started the season shooting the ball well but lately hes just been bad.

You see alot of one and done prospects kinda fade into obscurity when they are forced to earn their minutes. The upperclassmen that have worked for it kind of already know what to expect. Another example of this would be Mo Bamba, however now is the time for Mo to step up with Vucevic out.

1+
    r377
    r377
    Participant

MKG – Will he be out the league soon or just need a change of scenery ?

festar35
    festar35
    Participant

We got very close to trading for Mike Conley for Aaron Holiday + others, man I am glad we didn’t pull the trigger on that one.
    We wouldn’t have signed Brogdon, Aaron Holiday is really starting to play nicely & the pick we used on Bitadze we probably don’t have either.

doodleMachine
    doodleMachine
    Participant

Most disappointing for me is Julius Randle. I was expecting him to jump up his performance since he transferred to the knicks. His Overall stats are down. From PPG to Field Goal Percentages. His advance stats are down also. His PER is down to the same level as he was sophomore. I was expecting him to dominate the Knicks until RJ Barrett adjusted.

2018-2019 Mins: 30.6 Pts: 21.4 FG: 52.4% 3FG: 34% Reb: 8.7 Ast: 3.1 TO:2.8 PER: 21.02
    2019-2020 Mins: 32.7 Pts: 16.7 FG: 44.7% 3FG: 27% Reb: 9.1 Ast: 3.6 TO:3.4 PER: 21.02

I dont know if its because it was his contract year that his performance last year was great. But the season is still young. Hope he gets back to shape

r377
    r377
    Participant

what about mitchell robinson – he was ranked high in all the mocks !!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login