This topic contains 8 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by r377r377 r377 1 year, 11 months ago.

• Author
    OhCanada-
    Participant

Also went on to say Mitchell “has lost a step and is a defensive liability”. Looks like Utah is gonna shake things up this offseason. Raptors board has been entertaining a trade package for Mitchell involving Fred Van Vleet, Gary Trent Jr. and possibly some picks. Utah would throw in Eric Paschall who is a very good friend of Mitchell’s and someone like NAW. Wondering what people think about that trade.

Also seen Atlanta suggested as Gobert’s top suitor. This would help erase some of Young’s liabilities. The trade would be centered around Capela and Collins.

Any trade ideas for these two? Thoughts?

1+
    NorrinRaddNorrinRadd
    NorrinRadd
    Participant

Not sure, but I heard it through the grapevine of a trade idea involving James Bouknight, Gordon Hayward and a bunch of picks for Rudy Gobert. Not sure that would happen though.

I like the Atlanta idea a lot. I think if Toronto did that first trade, they might miss FVV. But that’s if he even re-signs with the team, so I could see it at the same time.

armchairgmarmchairgm
    armchairgm
    Participant

Rudy Gobert said this is fake news and media made it up.

Hitster
    Participant

There was talk on ESPN about there being an issue between the two players last week saying that it is likely one could move on. Also factor in Quin Snyder is having his hip replaced so will be laid up for a bit and may want to take a break there could be changes at Utah.

Of the two players Gobert has been there longer and is probably the better at his relative position but Mitchell is over 4 years younger and is due a lot less guaranteed money than Gobert over the next few years. But if one wins the power struggle how can the team replace the player who stays. They have 4 years in Gobert’s case and 3 years in Mitchell’s case on their guaranteed money so it might be a case of you’ve got what you want so wait whilst we rebuild.

Factor in Utah isn’t one of the big powerhouse franchises compared to the larger city teams or a glamourous FA location so getting another top player in wouldn’t be easy. Teams would know Utah have a lot of assets from any trade to move one of the big 2 so would want a hefty asking price for one of their stars.

Could it be that if there is major friction and Utah get good offers for both guys they might move them both and create a load of cap space and hit rebuild button. Mike Conley would probably look to move on too. Bojan is going into last year of his deal so they’d need to move to cash in on him too. It could be a fun franchise to keep an eye on with draft day coming up and teams looking to make moves. NOP have a few picks due from the Lakers and can send salary back to Utah so could possibly make a Gobert swoop – Ingram, CJ, Zion and Gobert is a nice core and has upside from the younger duo.

Dallas own all their picks an Luka and Gobert make a nice duo too.

1+
      NorrinRaddNorrinRadd
      NorrinRadd
      Participant

I think Utah could very well push the reset button and move on from both.

2+
        OhCanada-
        Participant

Its not a bad idea although next years Allstar game is in Salt Lake City so they will definitely keep at least one of them.

1+
    r377r377
    r377
    Participant

Mitchell want to go to the Knicks, put them into play…

1+
    Hitster
    Participant

The Knicks own all their picks have one first rounder due from Dallas so can offer the Jazz a nice package. I assume NY would want to keep Randle but could RJ be in play. He’d be a nice young asset for Jazz to get back. I’d assume Toppin would be sort of young player that Utah would want. Rose, Burks, Noel, Gibsonused and Walker all have 2023 expiring deals so salaries can be used to help match salary with a couple of them. So some combination of them, Toppin and at least 2 first rounders. including the Knicks lottery pick this year. Or salary fillers, RJ, Toppin and a future first rounder or some secod rounders.

The ironic thing is Thibs loves his defensive players so Gobert would be the perfect player fot him to trade for.

2+
    r377r377
    r377
    Participant

yep was thinking RJ and Topin for Donny Mitchell

1+

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login