This topic contains 6 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar Hitster 2 years, 9 months ago.

• Author
    Choppy
    Participant

So, in the latest rankings for this site, Giddey is listed as the second best prospect at his position. Only trouble is, they’ve put him in as a SF! I’d honestly love some of what these guys are smoking. He’s a true PG in every sense of the word. He might not have the elite athleticism that some point guards have, but the court vision, the basketball IQ and playmaking ability are all top shelf. I’m absolutely gobsmacked. If a team drafts Giddey as a SF, they’re using him wrong and would be wasting his talents.
    Rant over…

2+
    OhCanada-
    Participant

I think NBA teams know hes legit. Doubt Kuminga gets picked ahead of him, that would be a big mistake. Guessing he goes 6th or 7th along with Bouknight.

NBADraft.net’s forum has really been revitalized this year. Very active although as the forum gets better the mocks have gotten worse. Guess I’m just used to them making excellent predictions. But maybe I’m wrong we’ll see.

1+
    BothTeamsPlayedHard-BothTeamsPlayedHard-
    BothTeamsPlayedHard-
    Participant

The position put on him doesn’t bother me a ton. Mobley probably should be a PF who moves to the 5 in center-less games. If a team likes Giddey enough to take him in the lottery, they should want to let him run point whether or not they hide him defensively. It is my concern with where he lands that they play him off the ball, and he looks like Avdija did in Washington. For the vast majority of players, situation and style matters.

kobyz
    Participant

there is a good chance he gonna be used as a point forward in the Detlef Schrempf mold

1+
      OhCanada-
      Participant

No doubt Choppy read this and smashed his phone or laptop haha

1+
    festar35festar35
    festar35
    Participant

I see a lot of Joe Ingles to his game, so can 100% see him as a SF. In saying that I don’t think position is really that important, he can potentially be a PG & run a team offenses, but if he can’t guard opposing teams PG’s what does that mean???

Hitster
    Participant

He has the size to play SF, I’d see him as a point forward potentially with a couple of smaller guys who can whizz around him in the guard positions. The NBA now have a decent number of primary ball handlers who don’t play in the backcourt. Giddey isn’t the quickest guy so expecting him to mark a Trae or Morant would be a stretch so on defence, I’d see him guarding a 2 or a 3.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login