This topic contains 8 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar nbarelli 3 years, 3 months ago.

• Author
    mikeyvthedon
    Participant

In 2020, 10 players made their first ever All-Star game. Highly doubting that happens once again this season, but wanted to go over some players that we felt had a chance to make an All-Star game either this season or in the near future on Viseland.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__G8Za4M5DQ&t=1s

Of course you have Zion Williamson and Ja Morant as likely future perennial All-Stars, but gave a few more names who either have a chance or have been in the running before. Did not list any 2020 NBA Draftees, still really early returns and this class was an anomaly, though the top few picks have all shown really positive flashes.

Question to the board this week: Who do you think are future NBA All-Stars among players currently in the NBA? Also, who would you bet on making their first ever All-Star game this season? Was really disappointed to hear about Ja Morant’s ankle sprain that will keep him out 3-5 weeks, thought he was definitely a candidate this season, though think his prospects may have taken a hit. Two players I think have really good shots of making it are Zion Williamson and Jamal Murray.

Think we gave some good candidates for future ASG’s in this episode, would appreciate anyone who subscribes, likes or comments, it is huge for us. Have really appreciated the support, wishing everyone a happy and safe new year!

1+
    sniper
    Participant

Murray in the West and Jaylen Brown in the East are my picks for first-time all-stars.

3+
    RUDEBOY-
    Participant

I hate it about morant,dude is on the verge of becoming an all nba level player..lets pray he doesnt miss a beat and comeback completely healthy….i think there r a few people now that’ll say he’ll become a better player than zion…

i also have jaylen brown in the east..along with tyler herro & possibly john collins
    christian wood has a chance in the west…..of course zion who might get in as a starter..

NorrinRaddNorrinRadd
    NorrinRadd
    Participant

It appears this year there will not be an All-Star game due to Covid concerns. A guy you didn’t mention on VISELAND was DeJounte Murray. He’s a long shot now of course, but he might crack an All-Star squad one day.
    Zion and Jamaal Murray would probably maybe make it this year if there would be one. But then I think only 1 would make it. Probably Murray. Zion is good, but who would get snubbed ahead of him in the West? My would be West team so far in an early glimpse of a PROJECTION would look something like this:

Luka Doncic
    Damian Lillard
    Kawhi Leonard
    Paul George
    LeBron James
    Anthony Davis
    Stephen Curry
    Brandon Ingram
    Devin Booker
    Nikola Jokic
    James Harden
    JAMAAL MURRAY vs ZION WILLIAMSON
    with Chris Paul, DeAndre Ayton, Michael Porter Jr. and Karl Towns all not quite making it…

Even the East would be up for grabs this year, but Jaylen Brown is probably the best first timer potential All-Star out in the East.

Happy New Year!

1+
    george_george_georgegeorge_george_george
    george_george_george
    Participant

For a fictional 2021 ASG (next one is in Cleveland (aka Sex[t]Land), my first timers would include Jaylen Brown, Collin Sexton and CJ McCollum. Some sleeper first timers would be Mikal Bridges, Jarrett Allen and Seth Curry (his advance stats are very impressive).

RUDEBOY-
    Participant

Christian Wood is Averaging 25 pts & 9 rebounds. Right now he looks like the Front Runner for Most Improved Player. And possibly a first time all star if there’s a game!

high floor
    Participant

Deep cuts;

Darius Garland – I like the step forward he’s made this year. (Prediction, 2 all star games)
    Lonnie Walker – Explosive offensive player. Could be a stat monster in 3-4 years (Prediction, 2 all star games)
    Jarrett Allen – Just needs more Playing time. Could average 17/11/2blk with 33min per game (Prediction, 1 all star game)
    Cam Reddish – Reminds me of Josh Howard from Dallas (Prediction, 1 all star game)
    Tyrese Halliburton – Winning player, that contributes across the box score (Prediction, 2 all star games)

stepback3stepback3
    stepback3
    Participant

No one mentioning Julius Randle. He is really breaking out in a big way. Averaging over 23-12-7 currently through the first 8 games.

1+
    nbarelli
    Participant

I agree with Julius Randle. Typically, the impatient Knicks drafted Toppin, who plays the last position they needed help at. That was a real miss not taking Haliburton.
    Considering it’s early in the year I’ll make a list of my top 16 candidates per conference.
    West
    Curry, Doncic, Leonard, George, James, Davis, Jokic, Mitchell, Lillard, Morant, McCullom, Towns, Booker, Wood, , Ingram, Williamson

East
    Brown, Tatum, Durant, Harden, Irving, Simmons, Embiid, Young, Randle, Antetokounmpo, Middleton, Adebayo, Butler, Sabonis, Beal, Hayward

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login