This topic contains 53 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar sniper 1 week ago.

• Author
    NorrinRaddNorrinRadd
    NorrinRadd
    Participant

Wesley Matthews to the Lakers

1+
    NorrinRaddNorrinRadd
    NorrinRadd
    Participant

Mason Plumlee to the Pistons

1+
    Zouldiers
    Participant

Goran Dragic and Meyers Leonard back to the Heat
    Dwayne Bacon to the Magic
    Mason Plumlee to the Pistons

1+
    Zouldiers
    Participant

Jahlil Okafor to the Pistons

3+
      Choppy
      Participant

How much for? ESPN has reported it but it takes you to a link of the Plumlee signing. Hopefully the minimum…

1+
        NorrinRaddNorrinRadd
        NorrinRadd
        Participant

3 years 25 mill

1+
          Choppy
          Participant

Thanks, but that’s actually Plumlee. I just found it on Hoopshype, 2 years at the minimum. No word on team/player options.

2+
    Zouldiers
    Participant

Jordan Clarkson to Jazz 4yrs/$52M
    Derrick Favors to Jazz 3yrs/$27M

2+
      RUDEBOY-RUDEBOY-
      RUDEBOY-
      Participant

I thought Jordan Clarkson Signed with the Lakers. I’m going to check again.

RUDEBOY-RUDEBOY-
      RUDEBOY-
      Participant

Ok Clarkson resigned with Jazz. Enes Kanter heading back to Portland. Kings rumored to be interested in Whiteside.the team that drafted him. WTF wrong with Pistons signing all those centers and Josh Jackson. Josh was getting back on track both on & off the court in Memphis. No big name players or All Stars have signed anywhere yet. Durant’s brother said Serge was going to Brooklyn. lol

1+
    sniper
    Participant

If I’m not mistaken the Pistons now have Dedmon, Plumlee, Okafor and Tony Bradley. Are they trying to build a basketball team, or do the front office people just have a lot of things up on high shelves that they can’t reach?

3+
      OhCanada-
      Participant

Also took Stewart 1st round. Confusing stuff. Plumlee can play PF though, did that in Denver. Maybe they are bringing in tons of different looks for Stewart in practice to learn from? These guys could all be decent trade peices for teams looking for bigs as well. Who knows.

1+
    sniper
    Participant

Gallinari to Hawks — wow that team is going to score a lot of points.

3+
    RUDEBOY-RUDEBOY-
    RUDEBOY-
    Participant

Hawks might be fighting for a 7 or 8 seed if they add a vet like Rondo and with the improvement of Reddish. But didn’t Gallinari say he wanted play for a title contender?

1+
    holefillers1
    Participant

Dwight Howard to the Sixers, Vet Minimum

2+
    RUDEBOY-RUDEBOY-
    RUDEBOY-
    Participant

Just saw that Montrelz Harrell Has Signed with the Rival Lakers for 2 years. And Patrick Beverley is Pissed! And I LOVE IT!! hahahahaha

4+
    armchairgmarmchairgm
    armchairgm
    Participant

A steal by the Lakers got the best big man on the market on an under market value deal.

3+
    sniper
    Participant

The Clippers should still be really good, and they can probably grab someone who gives them 75% of what Harrell gave them *on paper,* and Zubac could be ready for a big year. But still this is devastating. Yes he stunk it up in the bubble, but he was recovering from covid. He was 6th man of the year, a 19/7 guy, and the most high-energy big man I’ve seen since Ben Wallace.

A team with LeBron plus an AD/Harrell frontcourt sounds almost unbeatable, to be honest.

1+
    RUDEBOY-RUDEBOY-
    RUDEBOY-
    Participant

Jerami Grant leaves Denver for Detroit! Pistons overpaid at 20 million a year. No way he’s Worth that much. But that’s the environment today!

2+
    RUDEBOY-RUDEBOY-
    RUDEBOY-
    Participant

I think has has a sign and trade in the works Becuz Grant and Plumlee contracts match Blake Griffin. But why would Nuggets want Blake another guy that’s not known for his defense. Denver will miss Grant’s defense

2+
    sniper
    Participant

Christian Wood signs with Rockets. If they’re going to force Harden & Westbrook to stay and get along, Wood could make that a lot more pleasant for everyone. I’m not entirely sold though. A lot of guys have looked like all-stars for a quarter or a third of a season, then never looked that good again after signing for the big money (3 years/$40 mil in Wood’s case).

1+
    NorrinRaddNorrinRadd
    NorrinRadd
    Participant

Davis Bertrans 5 year 80 million to return to the Wizards.

Zouldiers
    Participant

Moe Harkless to the Heat for 1yr/ $3.6 M. Underrated signing by the Heat

2+
    RUDEBOY-RUDEBOY-
    RUDEBOY-
    Participant

Hayward will be playing with Melo in Charlotte . They signed him for 4 years 120 million dollars. I’m kinda surprised they paid him that much. But Despite everything he he had to deal with last season,he still averaged 17 points 6 rebounds and 4 assists. Hornets have a nice core.

2+
    armchairgmarmchairgm
    armchairgm
    Participant

I thought Hayward was crazy to opt out of 34mil because he wouldn’t get anything close to that on open market boy was I wrong.

2+
    RUDEBOY-RUDEBOY-
    RUDEBOY-
    Participant

Yea, he’s getting 30 million dollars a year. Hornets tried to get him in 2014. But he was playing with the Jazz at the time and they matched it. Hornets have to make some more moves to get him under the cap! Maybe there’s a 3 way trade involving Celtics and Pacers?

1+
    nbarelli
    Participant

It’s an overpay by Charlotte but he’s a good player, which they need, just not who he was pre-injury. They have a lot of bad contracts, so I expected they were going to use some of these, particularly Batum’s, to trade for an overpaid vet or two (Westbrook, Wall, Love, Griffin or Hayward). I wouldn’t mind that type of move considering who stale the franchise is. It means they pay for someone with some star power that can still win some games, rather than Biyombos Zellers and Batum’s of this worid. I really didn’t expect them to just sign another overpriced vet outright and waive and stretch Batum. If they can still turn the other deals into another player to help Hayward, that’s a win as far as I’m concerned.

1+
    Zouldiers
    Participant

Avery Bradley to the Heat for 2yrs/ $11.6M
    Rajon Rondo to Hawks for 2yrs/ $15M

3+
    Zouldiers
    Participant

Jae Crowder to the Suns for 3yrs/$30M

3+
    nbarelli
    Participant

Melo back to Portland 1yr/vet min, Millsap back to Nugs 1yr/10mil.

3+
    RUDEBOY-RUDEBOY-
    RUDEBOY-
    Participant

2 years 19 million…Celtics getting Tristian Thompson gives them the big man they’ve been searching for since Horford left town….

4+
    armchairgmarmchairgm
    armchairgm
    Participant

KCP back to Lakers 3 years 40mil

2+
      NorrinRaddNorrinRadd
      NorrinRadd
      Participant

do you think the Lakers have done enough so far to win the title again?

armchairgmarmchairgm
        armchairgm
        Participant

Harrell and Schroder are upgrades over Dwight and Rondo. Depending on what other ring chasing vet minimum wing the Lakers add their wing rotation has taken a hit. Alot of the contenders from last year have gotten worse so I think Lakers are fine and Pelinka will pull some magic still with vet minimum guys.

1+
          NorrinRaddNorrinRadd
          NorrinRadd
          Participant

I hope some magic is pulled… I don’t like the idea of Rondo leaving even though Schroder’s an upgrade or Bradley. Horton-Tucker can play better than some people give him credit for. Maybe he gets more minutes too??? I don’t know, but I hope you’re right about Pelinka. Harrell is a win for sure!

NorrinRaddNorrinRadd
    NorrinRadd
    Participant

1 year 5 million for Noel on the Knicks

1+
    NorrinRaddNorrinRadd
    NorrinRadd
    Participant

Wanamaker to GS 1 year 2.25 mil

2+
    Zouldiers
    Participant

Ibaka to the Clippers for 2yrs/$19M.

4+
      OhCanada-
      Participant

Thats gonna sting. Hopefully Toronto has a plan cant believe they let him go to the Clippers when they have the MLE available.

1+
        dmo21
        Participant

For next season, this is going to hurt worse than if Fred had left. At least they have Powell, Davis and Thomas to cover his minutes. Raptors currently have nobody at center (sorry Derwan). They are talking to Gasol, who I don’t think can contribute a whole lot anymore. He’s getting slower and more injured each year. Hopefully they can get Baynes who I see as the best fit for them right now and resign Boucher. Could take a flyer on guys like Dedmon, Hernangomez, Giles or Maker too. Traditional bugs like Whiteside and Biyombo don’t really fit Nurse’s style of play.

2+
          OhCanada-
          Participant

I really didnt wanna see Gasol even return this year after his constant struggles. Giles gone to Portland Damion Jones gone to Phoenix. This is getting bad. Way I see it we got two options. Time to switch it up and put on the Lakers jerseys or…tank for Wembanyama. Lmao jk I’m sure they’ll figure it out. Who knows for all we know Ibaka is 80 pounds overweight and Gasol’s been using LBJ’s HyperChronic chamber all year.

1+
    Zouldiers
    Participant

Marc Gasol to the Lakers on a 2 year deal
    Aron Baynes to the Raptors for 2yrs/ $14.3M
    Lakers trade Javale McGee to the Cavs for a future 2nd round pick

3+
    OhCanada-
    Participant

Nice. I would much rather have Baynes at this point then Gasol. Losing Ibaka will sting though hopefully we can get Boucher in the mix.

1+
    RUDEBOY-RUDEBOY-
    RUDEBOY-
    Participant

the human stat stuffer better known as hassan whiteside, is still out there!!

1+
      Zouldiers
      Participant

Good. He´s the definition of empty stats

1+
    OhCanada-
    Participant

Boucher resigns two-years $13.5M. Can’t say I’m upset here. Chris deserves his time to shine. Lets see if he can fill the void Ibaka leaves., doubt it though Ibaka is one of the greats in my mind.

1+
    OhCanada-
    Participant

Raptors sign Bembry. 2 yr 4 mil. Always been a fan of his game, looks like he will be replacing Hollis Jefferson?

sniper
    Participant

The Lakers have made some great additions but they are making a lot of changes for a team that just rolled through the playoffs 16-5 en route to the championship. SIX of the 11 guys who were major contributors in the regular season and/or playoffs — Green, Bradley, McGee, Howard, Rondo, Morris — are gone. (LeBron, AD, KCP, Kuz & Caruso remain). Maybe it doesn’t matter as long as you’ve got LeBron & AD.

Zouldiers
      Participant

It does. Reason they won the championship is because of chemistry. Sure they got more talent this time around but it´ll take them time to gel

1+
      armchairgmarmchairgm
      armchairgm
      Participant

Lakers bench scoring got better and they def got better at the C and PG spots plus younger, but they are a lot weaker on the wing this year. Interested to see how they fill out the rest of the roster. I agree with the quick turnaround and very short training camp teams with the most continuity have the advantage so I was surprised to see the Lakers make so many big changes. I think they are better than last year though so def. title contenders again.

1+
        NorrinRaddNorrinRadd
        NorrinRadd
        Participant

I hope they don’t just sign JR Smith who is on the short list of consideration for now for wings…

NorrinRaddNorrinRadd
    NorrinRadd
    Participant

Alex Len signed a deal with Toronto. Could be a sneaky pick up.

sniper
    Participant

Rockets sign Cousins.

With Covington gone, the Rockets brief experiment with super-small ball cost them a top-5 center (Capela) with nothing to show for it. Now they’re desperately trying to rebuild an actual team.

2+
    sniper
    Participant

Daryl Morey is a gigantic fraud — he glimpsed success for a minute because he had two first-ballot HOFers in CP3 and Harden healthy at the same time. But apart from that one year when Houston would have beat Golden St. if CP3 hadn’t gotten hurt, all Morey has ever proven is that if you give him a historic talent, he can take a team to the 2nd round.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login