This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by RUDEBOY-RUDEBOY- RUDEBOY- 3 days, 23 hours ago.

• Author
    OhCanada-
    Participant

Every year these guys come up short. Been a big fan of this team for a while now especially since the days of Pangos, Wiltjer, Olynyk. Even before then I remember when I was a kid my dad had this Gonzaga Bulldogs sweater and I thought it was the greatest thing. The sweater epitomized the 90’s. For whatever reason they just come up short year after year. Oh well. I’ll be routing for them again next year.

That being said props to Butler. One of the toughest teams I’ve ever seen. Davion Mitchell’s a star I see him as a better scoring Marcus Smart. Solid guy to build a defense around. Teague and Butler both look like NBA gaurds as well. Not sure whats up with the mock draft this year, I usually defend the mock to the death of me so when I criticize it don’t give me a hard time but I think this sites fallen asleep at the wheel this year with its talent evaluations.

1+
    Dazzling Dunks and Basketball Bloopers
    Participant

It always sucks to get that close to perfection and have it snatched away from you like that. Still an incredible season though and I have absolutely no doubt they’ll be back. This is one of the premier programs in the country.
    However, this game does illustrate how difficult it is to truly evaluate how good Gonzaga is throughout the season when they beat up on such weak competition. You could clearly see that they were not ready for the physicality and quickness that Baylor possessed because they hadn’t seen anything like it and were used to things coming easy.

1+
    armchairgmarmchairgm
    armchairgm
    Participant

I’ll give you a pass Oh Canada because Butler didn’t win and I know you weren’t referencing the old Gordon Hayward days by the names you dropped haha. But yes Baylor was tough.

1+
    RUDEBOY-RUDEBOY-
    RUDEBOY-
    Participant

after the amazing semi final game between gongaza & ucla i had a feeling the finals couldnt have topped it,even with the 2 best teams in college b ball playing….but i never expected a blowout o either side.. the bulldogs got their butts handed to em!! mark few constantly scratching his head, summed up the game…

1+

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login