This topic contains 17 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar TEQU1LA 11 years, 6 months ago.

• Author
    FastAndFurious
    Participant

I swear this guy is a MONSTER on the defensive end.

10pts,3ast,6 STEALS in the first half and only has played 19 MINS!!!!

His ability to play the passing lane is crazy!

Tune into the game on NBATV it’s halftime right now.

FastAndFurious
    Participant

Finished the game with:

22pts, 11ast, 9stls,5 boards

Never seen a 6’1(More like 5’11) 205 pound PG move like him

BigChamp12
    Participant

I have always told guys he was a beast and will be a starting point guard in the league. It’s nice that he has been able to learn the NBA ropes from Chris Paul though. I remember back in the day when Eric couldn’t even dunk the ball. He was always a passer and ball handler. If you’re open he’d find you. Eventually he’ll have his own team and put up monster numbers in the league. No one noticed at UK because he had to play sg. But he has always been a true pg. I remember Bill Walton calling him a combo guard and saying that it’ll be hard for him to adjust to being a pg. He still over passes and over dribbles sometimes, however. Would I be crazy if I felt like he was the 3rd most athletic point guard in the league after Westbrook and Rose? How about the fastest and strongest pg overall? What do you thiink?

HotSnot
    Participant

I believe Bledsoe and Shumpert are the two best man to man full court defenders in the league.  Its a combination of strength, speed, agility and will power.  Both those guys can seriously lock down any player by overwhelming them athletically.  I’m always amazed when I see them play agressive defense.  There’s quite a few standout defenders in the league but these 2 are miles ahead of the rest. 

PS, best paint protector is Dwight (obviously)… and he’s right, he shoulda won DPOY last year.  He should win it every year, and its not even close.

Puregreen5
      Participant

Eric Bledsoe played another amazing game tonight! I wonder what kind of trade value he has now? I agree about Shumpert and Bledsoe being great defenders. Don’t forget about Avery Bradley, he might be the best young player in the NBA defensively when healthy. 9 steals is an amazing feat, even if it is preseason!

KU838
      Participant

good

Bird_Years
      Participant

You’re forgetting Avery Bradley

A Lil English
        Participant

I agree. Bradley absolutely belongs in this list.

FastAndFurious
    Participant

I agree.

I think he’s right up there athletically with Russ,Rose etc…..

Has he always been naturally built like that?

BigChamp12
      Participant

Yea, he always had a solid frame, but he was much shorter and not as ripped.. But around 9th or 10th grade his high school coach had him hitting the weights hard and he filled out big time and also grew a few inches. 

HotSnot
    Participant

Yeah, even at Kentucky… not quite as big as todays version, but same frame.

There’s also Lawson and Nate in the pound for pound athletic department…but I’d still take Bledsoe.  Shumpert is close but Bledsoe is the better ball player.

Yandyhere2
    Participant

I remember reading somewhere they said Bledsoe said he’s never touched a weight in his life….

Of course I didn’t believe it, he may have good genetics for getting strong and big, but you don’t look like that without lifting some weights!

And yea at UK he weighed 190-195

Today he weighs 200-205!

And stand’s 5’11

Lebron’s Hairline
    Participant

Dudes built like a tank 

TEQU1LA
    Participant

LOL, I was ridiculed when I said Bledsoe could be better than Wall after his playoffs performance last season with the Clips how things change. Anyhow, the kid is learning from the best PG in the game in CP3 and from one of the top PG’s in the last decade in Billups, now with Crawford on board. if Bledsoe learns JCraw crossover he’ll reign with the top PG’s in the foreseeable future. The scary thing is he’s better at the defensive end of the ball than the offensive side right now once he develops a consistent J he’ll be a boss.

blood

cp3

joecheck88
    Participant

I think we all need to slow down a little bit. It is still preseason and we are not seeing everyone’s best efforts on opposing teams. That being said, I think he could be a starter in this league with a bit more work on offense. His jumper is still bad almost more of a set shot and he can over penetrate and be sloppy. 

The coolest part about his effort though is that he knows based on offense alone he won’t see the court with CP3, Billups, and Crawford but with his defensive effort, it will force Del Negro to play him. He is earning minutes by being a defensive pest and that is awesome. The Clippers second unit looks like it will be strong especially defensively. With Bledsoe, Barnes, Odom, Hollins/Turiaf, that will be a strong defensive unit with Crawford in there for scoring plus that lineup can run with the best of them. This team is deep and should be a problem for any team at any point in the playoffs.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login