This topic contains 10 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar Memphis Madness 11 years, 1 month ago.

• Author
    TRC1991
    Participant

The crummiest NBA players, according to John Hollinger’s PER, are:

1) Kevin Murphy (UTA) -2.27
    2) Quincy Miller (DEN) -1.91
    3) Chris Wright (DAL) -1.61
    4) Jared Jeffries (POR) 2.47
    5) Doron Lamb (ORL) 3.28

theprophet
    Participant

eh, i wouldn’t buy into all of that. per is a pretty useful stat, but useful more for players that play consistently. and i don’t buy hollinger’s opinions either. for a basketball “expert” i find him laughable quite often. most of those guys on that list are still very young and an old bounced around jared jeffries isn’t the same. it’s a good “did you know” nonetheless.

TRC1991
    Participant

Yeah I agree Austin Rivers has been beyond atrocious…perhaps I should make a new list, and choose from players who are listed under “qualified” instead of “all” when sorting

theprophet
      Participant

you could, i just took this more with a grain of salt and more of a “did you know” as the title says then anything else. but if you want to put together your own qualification list, i’m all for reading it!

Siggy
    Participant

4 of those 5 players have played less than 100 minutes this season.

like any other stat, there should be some qualifications.

austin rivers played over 1400 minutes, had a PER less than 6 with a negative WS and the worst simple rating in the league among players who played at least 40% of the team’s minutes.

aamir543
    Participant

Dude, Chris Murhpy has played 4 minutes all season, Quincy Murphy has played 15 minutes all season, Kevin Murphy has played a whopping 48 minutes this season, this isn’t very useful, although Lamb has been awful as a rookie and Jeffries has been absolute trash for about 5 years now.

Forte IV
    Participant

What’s with aamir calling everyone Murphy

theprophet
      Participant

lol! also noticed that but i knew what he meant.

BenchWarmer
      Participant

Hahaha

TRC1991
    Participant

didn’t even notice that…im assuming he’s discrediting the players for their lack of significant playing time

Memphis Madness
    Participant

Austin Rivers has to be the worst. But, he is a rookie. Some of those other guys are rookies too.

I can’t complain about John Hollinger. He is working for the Grizzlies now and we are playing great.

I would actually like to see a PER for all these college guys. I think that every stat wouldn’t translate to the NBA of course, but I think a PER efficiency type rating would.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login