This topic contains 10 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar HobbyOG 5 years, 3 months ago.

• Author
    festar35festar35
    festar35
    Participant

I’ll be honest this is as much about my Pacers as it is the Pistons.

Detroit start 2 big guys next to each other & I know their record isn’t great, but is the combo working? Obviously they are weak at PG, SG, SF & their bench depth isn’t anything exciting. 

Obviously we have Turner & Sabonis, but if Drummond & Griffin were surrounded by the Pacers roster how good would that team be? 

I guess it’s Turner vs Drummond & Sabonis vs Griffin (Griffin isn’t the athlete he use to be & has a short wingspan like Sabonis as well)

r377r377
    r377
    Participant

Blake Griffin has really played well this season.  I expect him to drop off soon as he has been carrying them all season.

I would give a slight edge to griffin and drummond.  Put them with the Pacers roster and maybe they win an extra 5 or so games in the season

HobbyOG
    Participant

Pistons lack guard and wing play..this is why they’re sturggling. They need to go after Mike Conley. 

Dazzling Dunks and Basketball Bloopers
      Participant

What would you propose they offer the grizzlies to get Conley? It only seems workable if they give up either griffin or Drummond in return.  

r377r377
        r377
        Participant

As a long time Pistons fan we don’t need an aging Conley and his $30mill contract.

Reggie Jackson comes off the books soon.  There are loads of quality PG in the league, we don’t need to overpay for a PG.

I am not a Reggie Jackson fan, but if we did get an upgrade soon, Reggie would be ok as a 6th or 7th man, with a bit of scoring spark off the bench…

HobbyOG
        Participant

Grizzles Get:

PG Reggie Jackson $17 Mill 

PF Jon Leuer $10 Mill 

SF Stanley Johnson 3.9 Mil 

2019 First round Pick

Pistons Get:

Mike Conley $30 Mill (Contract expires 

Ivan Rabb $1.3 Mill 

Let’s be honest, your not getting any good Free Agents going to the Pistons, no one wants to go to Detriot. And Detriot always draft late in the lottery so there not getting a great player. Conley would do great in the east for a couple years, may finally make the all-star team. This get Detriot in the playoffs. He’s averaging 20.6 pts, and 6 assist this season. 

Memphis needs to hit the re-set button. Stanley Johnson need a change of scenery..Pair him with Jared Jackson and they might have two lottery picks this year depending on how they finish. Also they’re getting Mike Conley contract off the books. 

HobbyOG
        Participant

Grizzles Get:

PG Reggie Jackson $17 Mill 

PF Jon Leuer $10 Mill 

SF Stanley Johnson 3.9 Mil 

2019 First round Pick

Pistons Get:

Mike Conley $30 Mill (Contract expires 

Ivan Rabb $1.3 Mill 

Let’s be honest, your not getting any good Free Agents going to the Pistons, no one wants to go to Detriot. And Detriot always draft late in the lottery so there not getting a great player. Conley would do great in the east for a couple years, may finally make the all-star team. This get Detriot in the playoffs. He’s averaging 20.6 pts, and 6 assist this season. 

Memphis needs to hit the re-set button. Stanley Johnson need a change of scenery..Pair him with Jared Jackson and they might have two lottery picks this year depending on how they finish. Also they’re getting Mike Conley contract off the books. 

Dazzling Dunks and Basketball Bloopers
    Participant

Griffin really has dramatically changed his game over the past few seasons. Who would’ve ever thought when he came into the league we’d see the day where he was attempting almost 7 3s per game and operating as pretty much a de facto pg on offense? You have to give him credit for adapting. However, at the same time I feel like he is being asked to do too much for this pistons team and will eventually get worn down. You already see the signs of it happening now. 

Would the pacers be as good if you swapped griffin and Drummond for turner and Sabonis? Hard to say. Griffin and Drummond have different skill sets so McMillan wouldn’t be able to use them the same way. Their defense would probably take a hit without turners rim protection for sure. On the other hand, griffin would give them a secondary playmaker and proven scorer they are probably lacking right now. You have to remember also that turner and Sabonis’ minutes are often staggered playing alongside a more mobile 4 in Thad young while griffin and Drummond play together a majority of the time in Detroit. 

juves4783
    Participant

reggie jackson just seems like a cancer.  they need to find a way to move him and get whatever they can back.  even a trade to orlando for ross and augustin would be better than nothing.

OhCanada-
    Participant

Ive watched a few Pistons games this year and everytime I watched them play I see Casey, Griffin, Drummond and Bullock on the same page and the rest of the team seems lost. Is that a proper assessment or did I just make conclusions from a few bad games.

r377r377
      r377
      Participant

Pretty accurate accessment.  

They have come out publicly and said Bullock, Ish and Stanley Johnson are available for trade.  They have also said the same thing, not all players are on the same page, especially Stanley Johnson.  They said he has potential but loses focus.  Can play well one game, then completely lost the next.

The Spurs have been lowballing the Pistons on Stanley Johnson for the past couple of seasons.  Ive never been a Stanley Johnson fan but I think a change to the Spurs would really help him

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login