This topic contains 22 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar TimberTroll 9 years, 9 months ago.

• Author
    laarethekings
    Participant

Ok So its a fair question. Lets say they get Wiggings and Bennett in a deal You could go to your fan base and say you got two first overall picks in a deal for Love . Plus Bennett can bring some of the same game Love does as stretch 4, while you have the best talent in wiggings snice Bron came into the league. Deep down I think that Minny is dying for this deal.

CU.LIONS
    Participant

I think Wiggins is definitely the answer. Love has been great for Minny, but the truth is they know what they can get out of Love. He really can’t play any better and still can’t get them in the playoffs (though not his fault) With Wiggins, it would be a New start, with what would be a potentially "Next generation" star who has some exciting upside. Wiggins may or may not ever reach the potential he has, but he is certainly worth a shot.

Especially with the fact Minny is losing leverage every day it waits to trade Love.

CU.LIONS
    Participant

I think Wiggins is definitely the answer. Love has been great for Minny, but the truth is they know what they can get out of Love. He really can’t play any better and still can’t get them in the playoffs (though not his fault) With Wiggins, it would be a New start, with what would be a potentially "Next generation" star who has some exciting upside. Wiggins may or may not ever reach the potential he has, but he is certainly worth a shot.

Especially with the fact Minny is losing leverage every day it waits to trade Love.

Grandmama
    Participant

Cmon dude, it’s Wiggins.  Not Wiggings.  And obviously they want Wiggins.  Love isn’t resigning, so of course they would want a guy with some of the most upside we’ve seen come into the league in a while.

Grandmama
    Participant

Cmon dude, it’s Wiggins.  Not Wiggings.  And obviously they want Wiggins.  Love isn’t resigning, so of course they would want a guy with some of the most upside we’ve seen come into the league in a while.

laarethekings
    Participant

My bad its hard to put things up for me right now …has this site been crashing for anyone else

laarethekings
    Participant

My bad its hard to put things up for me right now …has this site been crashing for anyone else

Mopgrass
    Participant

Of course they want Wiggins. I think Cleveland has enough to offer to get Love without giving up Wiggins. The Cavs are loaded. Minny isn’t getting Klay Thompson, but Harrison Barnes and Draymond Green would be nice. But Dion Waiters and Anthony Bennett (and probably some draft picks) is probably a better haul. I would guess that Waiters might not be what they’re looking for just because of his position. They just got Lavine to be a PG/SG, Shabazz to be a SG, and they already have Rubio. I would think they’d want to involve a 3rd team so they could get a SF.

Minny might even be weary of Bennett since the last high pick they had that was a tweener didn’t work out too well. 

Either way, it’s too tantalizing to have Irving, Wiggins, and maybe LeBron for a long time.

P.S. how cool is it that the number 1 player and the 1st draft pick are on the same team? What a great way to learn if you’re Wiggins.

Mopgrass
    Participant

Of course they want Wiggins. I think Cleveland has enough to offer to get Love without giving up Wiggins. The Cavs are loaded. Minny isn’t getting Klay Thompson, but Harrison Barnes and Draymond Green would be nice. But Dion Waiters and Anthony Bennett (and probably some draft picks) is probably a better haul. I would guess that Waiters might not be what they’re looking for just because of his position. They just got Lavine to be a PG/SG, Shabazz to be a SG, and they already have Rubio. I would think they’d want to involve a 3rd team so they could get a SF.

Minny might even be weary of Bennett since the last high pick they had that was a tweener didn’t work out too well. 

Either way, it’s too tantalizing to have Irving, Wiggins, and maybe LeBron for a long time.

P.S. how cool is it that the number 1 player and the 1st draft pick are on the same team? What a great way to learn if you’re Wiggins.

AlvinRobertsonsQuadrupleDouble
      Participant

This has been discussed ad nauseum here in MN. That Flip would rather have nothing than contracts he doesn’t want. Unless you’re providing picks that are projected to be early picks, which Cleveland doesn’t have, he has no interest in taking contracts that have negative value, like Bennett, who unless he shows huge potential this season will probably be the first #1 pick to have his option declined. So he would be looked at as an expiring at the end of the 2015-16 season – negative value. The role Waiters would fill is the same role they just drafted Lavine to occupy and he makes $2M more a season – negative value – unless Cleveland can move Waiters to a team for a player MN covets – highly unlikely.
      The problem is Flip thinks MN will attract Free Agents – why cap room would be more important to him than taking players he doesn’t want

AlvinRobertsonsQuadrupleDouble
      Participant

This has been discussed ad nauseum here in MN. That Flip would rather have nothing than contracts he doesn’t want. Unless you’re providing picks that are projected to be early picks, which Cleveland doesn’t have, he has no interest in taking contracts that have negative value, like Bennett, who unless he shows huge potential this season will probably be the first #1 pick to have his option declined. So he would be looked at as an expiring at the end of the 2015-16 season – negative value. The role Waiters would fill is the same role they just drafted Lavine to occupy and he makes $2M more a season – negative value – unless Cleveland can move Waiters to a team for a player MN covets – highly unlikely.
      The problem is Flip thinks MN will attract Free Agents – why cap room would be more important to him than taking players he doesn’t want

JDB12
    Participant

Love is a great player, and when healthy he is the most consistent player. But he doesn’t have a superstar mentality or talent on both sides of the ball. He’s not gonna score 25 in the fourth to win a game and he is a defensive liability. We need to shake things up and get a true SUPERSTAR talent in Wiggins. That is something the Wolves have never had, especially at a guard-foward position. I would be fine with gambling on Wiggins to be our savior.

TimberTroll
      Participant

I think KG was a superstar, but whatever. 

TimberTroll
      Participant

I think KG was a superstar, but whatever. 

JDB12
    Participant

Love is a great player, and when healthy he is the most consistent player. But he doesn’t have a superstar mentality or talent on both sides of the ball. He’s not gonna score 25 in the fourth to win a game and he is a defensive liability. We need to shake things up and get a true SUPERSTAR talent in Wiggins. That is something the Wolves have never had, especially at a guard-foward position. I would be fine with gambling on Wiggins to be our savior.

Memphis Madness
    Participant

On a team with LeBron, Irving, Waiters, and Wiggins, you IDEALLY want an inside defender who can also rebound, and shoot some.  Andy V can bang and board and clog up the middle, but I am not sure he has much (any) range.

Ironically, Chris Bosh would be PERFECT for Cleveland as a small ball five.  A team of Irving, Waiters, Wiggins, LeBron, and Bosh would win the next five titles.

Right now, there small ball team looks really good though anyway with Andy V at center and LeBron at the 4.

They can also tweak it with Andy V at center, Kyrie Irving at point guard with LeBron, Wiggins, and Mike Miller at the other 3 spots.  Use MM as a 3 point shooter, floor spreader, and secondary rebounder with LeBron and Wiggins doing the heavy lifting on the wings both on offense and defense.

They don’t really need Kevin Love for small ball lineups since Love can’t play center very well.

I think they should go after a "poor man’s Kevin Love" for this year, and then just sign him next summer.

Anthony Bennett could be that guy for them that rebounds on one end and then scores/shoots 3’s on the other side. 

Funny how Andrew Wiggins was supposed to be the next big thing, and now WITH LEBRON he is going to be a "scrub" that can’t score and needs to be traded for Kevin Love. 

I think Wiggins is a great fit here.  RIGHT NOW they can throw Irving, Wiggins, Mike Miller, LeBron, and Andy V at people (with Waiters, Bennett, and TT as other rotation guys) and kick everyone’s butt.

If I am Cleveland and I don’t want to trade any young guys I want new version of Robert Horry or Shane Battier as the last piece of the puzzle.  Not sure that is out there, but maybe they can draft somebody like that next year.  I thought that DeAndre Daniels could be a guy like that so maybe the Cavs can trade for him. 

I think DEFENSE will be the problem with Cleveland NOT offense.  LeBron can score and set guys up.  Kyrie Irving can break guys down.  Dellavadova is Bench Steve Nash.

tuck243
      Participant

He doesn’t shoot 3’s, but can spread the floor…

Kevin Love would be perfect along side LeBron and they wouldn’t need to go small ball at all with Andy at the 5 and Kevin Love shooting 3’s…  Currently the only player (only because I’m not sure if he will be a good 3pt shooter right now) that will be a problem in spreading the floor for LeBron is Wiggins…  That’s something that impacted the Heat’s line up and forced Bosh to hit 3’s…  Dwyane Wade not having a 3pt shot…  If he did the Heat would’ve had a bigger impact on the offensive boards because Bosh wouldn’t need to go that far outside like he did…

tuck243
      Participant

He doesn’t shoot 3’s, but can spread the floor…

Kevin Love would be perfect along side LeBron and they wouldn’t need to go small ball at all with Andy at the 5 and Kevin Love shooting 3’s…  Currently the only player (only because I’m not sure if he will be a good 3pt shooter right now) that will be a problem in spreading the floor for LeBron is Wiggins…  That’s something that impacted the Heat’s line up and forced Bosh to hit 3’s…  Dwyane Wade not having a 3pt shot…  If he did the Heat would’ve had a bigger impact on the offensive boards because Bosh wouldn’t need to go that far outside like he did…

Memphis Madness
    Participant

On a team with LeBron, Irving, Waiters, and Wiggins, you IDEALLY want an inside defender who can also rebound, and shoot some.  Andy V can bang and board and clog up the middle, but I am not sure he has much (any) range.

Ironically, Chris Bosh would be PERFECT for Cleveland as a small ball five.  A team of Irving, Waiters, Wiggins, LeBron, and Bosh would win the next five titles.

Right now, there small ball team looks really good though anyway with Andy V at center and LeBron at the 4.

They can also tweak it with Andy V at center, Kyrie Irving at point guard with LeBron, Wiggins, and Mike Miller at the other 3 spots.  Use MM as a 3 point shooter, floor spreader, and secondary rebounder with LeBron and Wiggins doing the heavy lifting on the wings both on offense and defense.

They don’t really need Kevin Love for small ball lineups since Love can’t play center very well.

I think they should go after a "poor man’s Kevin Love" for this year, and then just sign him next summer.

Anthony Bennett could be that guy for them that rebounds on one end and then scores/shoots 3’s on the other side. 

Funny how Andrew Wiggins was supposed to be the next big thing, and now WITH LEBRON he is going to be a "scrub" that can’t score and needs to be traded for Kevin Love. 

I think Wiggins is a great fit here.  RIGHT NOW they can throw Irving, Wiggins, Mike Miller, LeBron, and Andy V at people (with Waiters, Bennett, and TT as other rotation guys) and kick everyone’s butt.

If I am Cleveland and I don’t want to trade any young guys I want new version of Robert Horry or Shane Battier as the last piece of the puzzle.  Not sure that is out there, but maybe they can draft somebody like that next year.  I thought that DeAndre Daniels could be a guy like that so maybe the Cavs can trade for him. 

I think DEFENSE will be the problem with Cleveland NOT offense.  LeBron can score and set guys up.  Kyrie Irving can break guys down.  Dellavadova is Bench Steve Nash.

tuck243
    Participant

Then pre-draft and now after LeBron went to the Cavs?  

Is it just me or do you guys feel like we won’t see great production from Wiggins until year 3 or 4?  

It’s weird feeling like the #1 pick is expendable…  

Grandmama
      Participant

Not really much at all.  Not enough for him to fall from the #1 overall pick over other very high upside guys in Parker and Embiid.  Yeah he may not average 18 ppg this year or next, but he’s going to offer above average defense right away.  He’s also going to score with Lebron getting him in spots where he can be successful.

People get so caught up on top 5 recruits not performing at some elite level their freshman year of college.  Happened with Drummond.  Everyone billed him as the #1 pick entering college.  He didn’t perform to the level everyone thought, and inexplicably fell to #9.  Now he’s a top 10 center who is just scratching the surface of his abilities. 

Wiggins upside is still sky high.  So he didn’t average 20 ppg in college and looked passive at times, big deal.  There’s a reason Cleveland refuses to trade him for Love, they realize what his upside is.

Grandmama
      Participant

Not really much at all.  Not enough for him to fall from the #1 overall pick over other very high upside guys in Parker and Embiid.  Yeah he may not average 18 ppg this year or next, but he’s going to offer above average defense right away.  He’s also going to score with Lebron getting him in spots where he can be successful.

People get so caught up on top 5 recruits not performing at some elite level their freshman year of college.  Happened with Drummond.  Everyone billed him as the #1 pick entering college.  He didn’t perform to the level everyone thought, and inexplicably fell to #9.  Now he’s a top 10 center who is just scratching the surface of his abilities. 

Wiggins upside is still sky high.  So he didn’t average 20 ppg in college and looked passive at times, big deal.  There’s a reason Cleveland refuses to trade him for Love, they realize what his upside is.

tuck243
    Participant

Then pre-draft and now after LeBron went to the Cavs?  

Is it just me or do you guys feel like we won’t see great production from Wiggins until year 3 or 4?  

It’s weird feeling like the #1 pick is expendable…  

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login