This topic contains 10 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar DraftDanteCunningham 14 years, 11 months ago.

• Author
    DraftDanteCunningham
    Participant

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07eyQ-rnXvw

undersized but still a beast….hustles, works hard, automatic from 15 feet, good athleticism, plays defense.

HUGE PART of Nova’s Final Four team.

DraftDanteCunningham
    Participant

Dunked on Durant his freshman year
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5PNYDYoDbA

Highlights vs Texas (his coming out party)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ll2XG-sStyY

Putting some guy from Seton Hall on a poster
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xNej7Xktfkw

AlexBoii
    Participant

Hah after that Texas game I kept my eye on him, seeing how he was doing on a game to game basis. This guy is forreal, in my opinion. I guess experts knock on him cause he only had one breakout year, his senior year. But this guy improved his body, and more importantly, his game so much. Who would of thought this guy would have developed an automatic 15-18ft jump shot? Plus his energy is up so much, probably due to the better conditioning. I have this guy going bottom first round in my mock draft, to the Cavaliers. He reminds me of a smaller Joe Smith, a perfect role player to come off the bench and be Mr. Consistent. He hits that automatic mid range jumper, then makes up for his lack of size with his athleticism and hustle, ala Leon Powe. He’s a mix of those two players.

bflaa2
    Participant

Great athlete fun to watch, plays hard defense hustles. I think he could be a gem late first round or early second. Anyone else think he reminds you of possibly a Gerald Wallace or Shawn Marion?

AlexBoii
      Participant

While Dante is a good athlete, he is certainly not a Gerald Wallace/ Shawn Marion type at this point. Though he has worked hard at his game, there’s a reason why a lot of mocks have him bottom of the second round. Besides what I said in my earlier post, he hasn’t proven he has ball handling skills, thus he can’t create shots for himself. Notice all those automatic jumpers are set shots. And while he certainly hustles on defense, from game-to-game and his overall stats, his defense is only average even at the college level. However, put him on a already established team where he can contribute, he’ll be in the league for an extended time. I’m not say he can’t develop into a Wallace type since that guy wasn’t exactly established coming out of college, but he’s got a ways to go to get to that level. But hey, it wouldn’t surprise me either, since Dante did a 360 turn-around on his game by his senior year, showing he can improve dramatically.

sheltwon3
    Participant

This dude looks good. I will have to say I did not know much about him but I will have to move him up in my mock. He could possibly a 1st round pick.

sheltwon3
    Participant

In this draft with people constantly leaving he could definitely move into the bottom half of the first round or the top of the second. I have it in the top of the second round. I waiting on the order to determine anything else.

Meditated States
    Participant

Kid worked on his game for four years and its going to pay off. He is going to be a good NBA player. Should slip into the 1st round. Plays with a team first mind frame, does not get greedy, and takes what is there. His defense is very strong too.

DraftDanteCunningham
      Participant

nice assessment.

bdoody42
    Participant

I see him right now as early 2nd round. He doesn’t see create his own jumpers. I also don’t recall him blocking his own man very often. He needs work on guarding people near the 3 point line as well.

DraftDanteCunningham
    Participant

Dante has been working really hard on his game since the Final Four. and he’s hearing alot of positive things.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login