This topic contains 12 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar PulseGlazer 8 years, 4 months ago.

• Author
    I CALLED GAME
    Participant

"D LOADING" aka D’Angelo Russell is starting to complete his loading process, at 19 years old Russell is the youngest player to ever record at least; 24 PTS, 6 AST, 6 REB, 5 3PT in a game. Even though the Lakers are currently standing at 3-20 Byron Scott is starting to understand you must play your future regardless if they do something wrong or not they just need the opportunity to show what they can do & learn from their mistakes. And Russell is starting to make the best of the opportunities that comes his way, i don’t know what woke Russell up but he’s starting to come alive I’m starting to see the Russell that played at Ohio state. It’s giving the Lakers fans something to look forward too & get excited about even with all the loosing the team has been suffering from.

Byron Scott also gave Russell a 7 out of 10 on his development and also had this to say "two to three weeks ago, i would have said 5" well i feel like Russell is finally getting a full opportunity to actually run the team like how he should of had from the start. Scott needs to give Russell the keys and let him ball out and stop trying to go against the grain just play the kids Damn…

Mopgrass
    Participant

It’s all about the attack. I don’t know if it’s Russell’s idea or Scott’s idea, but the last 2 games he’s been pushing the ball and running until he gets to (about) the free throw line. It entirely changes his body from straight up and down to an attack position. It’s even helping him attack the rim. A lot of us on here complained about how slow he looks and now he doesn’t look slow. He just needs to be in a run and gun offense (which also benefits Clarkson and Randle). 

He’s starting to look like a player someone might take 2nd in a draft. 

Mopgrass
    Participant

It’s all about the attack. I don’t know if it’s Russell’s idea or Scott’s idea, but the last 2 games he’s been pushing the ball and running until he gets to (about) the free throw line. It entirely changes his body from straight up and down to an attack position. It’s even helping him attack the rim. A lot of us on here complained about how slow he looks and now he doesn’t look slow. He just needs to be in a run and gun offense (which also benefits Clarkson and Randle). 

He’s starting to look like a player someone might take 2nd in a draft. 

TONYDABOSS77
    Participant

Ans I don’t think it’s a coincidence that his two best games have come when he’s been on tha floor without Kobe. Tha more he plays without Kobe, tha better he’ll look. Excited to see these rookies develop.

TONYDABOSS77
    Participant

Ans I don’t think it’s a coincidence that his two best games have come when he’s been on tha floor without Kobe. Tha more he plays without Kobe, tha better he’ll look. Excited to see these rookies develop.

SkalAndJamal
    Participant

He really controlled a great spurs team for the whole first half… I think that 2nd half performance vs Minny was huge for him, his main problem really was confidence and that half just showed him that there’s nothing to feel rattled about. Plus Scott finally not forcing him to slow down, set up a play and then get out of the way is not stupid at all. Good job Scott.

I expect more of the same with 15-30 pts games for the majority of the season. I hope this team can land some defensive minded wings tho, this is definitley sore on my eyes to watch 0 perimeter defense every time  I watch them. 

SkalAndJamal
    Participant

He really controlled a great spurs team for the whole first half… I think that 2nd half performance vs Minny was huge for him, his main problem really was confidence and that half just showed him that there’s nothing to feel rattled about. Plus Scott finally not forcing him to slow down, set up a play and then get out of the way is not stupid at all. Good job Scott.

I expect more of the same with 15-30 pts games for the majority of the season. I hope this team can land some defensive minded wings tho, this is definitley sore on my eyes to watch 0 perimeter defense every time  I watch them. 

Espresso
    Participant

Even when Rusell gets like 4 points, he still reminds me of Steph Curry.

I have not posted anything bad about D’angelo as far as trashing him, because I think the hate is a bit unwaranted. 

Espresso
    Participant

Even when Rusell gets like 4 points, he still reminds me of Steph Curry.

I have not posted anything bad about D’angelo as far as trashing him, because I think the hate is a bit unwaranted. 

Ahkasi Clay
    Participant

thru summer league, Training camp, and the 1st month of the season, he showed me nothing to suggest that he could compete at this level, I Labeled him a bust.  over the Last 5 games, he has looked much better, more aggresive, and more confident, I have changed my mind and have upgraded my expectations for him to being able to , with time, and good coaching (not what he is getting now)  become a above average back up in this league.  Baby steps, 

Ahkasi Clay
    Participant

thru summer league, Training camp, and the 1st month of the season, he showed me nothing to suggest that he could compete at this level, I Labeled him a bust.  over the Last 5 games, he has looked much better, more aggresive, and more confident, I have changed my mind and have upgraded my expectations for him to being able to , with time, and good coaching (not what he is getting now)  become a above average back up in this league.  Baby steps, 

PulseGlazer
    Participant

I can’t wait to see how he looks with a real coach and no Kobe next year.

PulseGlazer
    Participant

I can’t wait to see how he looks with a real coach and no Kobe next year.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login