This topic contains 7 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar sniper 3 years, 2 months ago.

• Author
    mikeyvthedon
    Participant

After putting up fantastic per minute numbers in his role last season with the Raptors, Chris Boucher has kicked it up a notch in the early part of this one. If you have watched Viseland on YouTube, you will see an Oregon jersey hanging behind me, which is a signed Chris Boucher Oregon practice jersey. On this weeks episode of Viseland, my brother and I focus on rookies, but also talk about the James Harden trade and our thoughts on Chris Boucher’s off the bench mastery, not to mention being firmly in the running for Most Improved Player.

https://youtu.be/HSBRd1y9t8Q

Rookies we cover include Tyrese Maxey, Payton Pritchard, Cole Anthony, the Grizzlies rookie duo, Precious Achiuwa, Immanuel Quickley and Devin Vassell. So, questions for the week, do you think Chris Boucher can win both 6MOY and MIP? Where would you rank the Brooklyn Nets now that they made the James Harden trade? Which of these rookies we mentioned this week has the best chance to make the All-Rookie team?

Thank you to everyone who has subscribed, liked, or commented for Viseland. We appreciate it so much, have fun doing the show and with the comments I have gotten on here.

1+
    armchairgmarmchairgm
    armchairgm
    Participant

Boucher is a candidate for MIP along with Christian Wood and Jerami Grant likely as the other favorites.

I don’t think Boucher is in the mix for 6th man though that is likely a race between Jordan Clarkson, Caris Levert (so far I know he is going to be out awhile), Shake Milton,.

1+
    armchairgmarmchairgm
    armchairgm
    Participant

ROY right now is likely Lamelo Ball’s
    MVP between Giannis, KD, Lebron, Steph, Embiid
    DPOY AD or Gobert

1+
    NorrinRaddNorrinRadd
    NorrinRadd
    Participant

It’s possible Boucher can win both, but I doubt he wins either. Lots of guys mentioned already can get that award.
    Out of the rookies you mentioned, it’s probably Maxey and Pritchard not far behind imo and the players you highlighted all deserve some merit. I still have Brooklyn winning the East and losing in the finals. Ranked pretty high – top 5 team.

RUDEBOY-
    Participant

yeah boucher can be included in both awards.. but right now christian wood gets my vote for most improved player..
    its almost similar to last season when so many people said it should’ve went to devonte graham..but most voters felt graham’s play was a fluke,they wanted to see more…boucher might have a similar faith this year.

boucher has a chance to be 6th man of the year..he’s in the same category as harrell,clarkson and lamelo ball..teams records could come into play…
    it doesnt surprise me seeing payton pritchard succeeding,the kid is a baller….i see another oregon player has turned himself into a nba prospect possibly 1st round thats chris duarte…..

1+
    OhCanada-
    Participant

Toronto’s gonna have to win some games first. The stats are nice but he is still a player that gives up alot when you put him on the floor. You get offensive rebounds but you give up defensive rebounding, you get amazing transition play but you give up textbox screening play, you get amazing blocks closing out on three but then sometimes he wont close out at all and h3e is very easy to make bite for the fake. Stats show a player thats dominating which kind of is true but he is also kind of being dominated in other regards to the game.

February 5th Baynes is eligible to be traded and I don’t see Toronto staying put on this one. Finding a Center is gonna be a top priority which could eat into Boucher’s minutes so I’m not sure he’ll get the chance to win any awards.

1+
    sniper
    Participant

6MOY tends to go to a player from a playoff team. Right now I think I think Harrell is in the lead, but there’s also a bias toward scorers, so Clarkson could be the guy. But if Toronto gets back in the mix and Boucher continues playing this way, he could win it.
    I may be wrong but it seems like MIP depends less on winning. I think Boucher’s probably in the lead right now, but Brogdon and J. Grant are also strong contenders. Christian Wood played this way the last half of last season.

It’s an unconventional pick, but what about Batum for MIP? The last three years in Charlotte, his stats and his role decreased each year — last season it looked like he had a fork in his back. But all the sudden he’s like a stronger, tougher, better-shooting version of Portland Batum. Does this count as improvement?

sniper
    Participant

RE: Brooklyn — the worst case scenario is that they’re a hugely talented team with some chemistry issues, much like last season’s Clippers. Even in this scenario they at least make the Eastern semis. Best case is they’re an unstoppable freight train that wins it all. If I had to guess, I’d go with the former.

If they get along they’ll be even better next year, once they’ve learned to play with each other and they get Dinwiddie back. It’s scary how good they are *beyond* the big three. Joe Harris is a borderline all-star — he’s a more athletic version of peak Kyle Korver. Jordan is still a great rim defender and rebounder. Shamet starts on many teams. When Jeff Green is your 9th best player, your team is loaded.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login