This topic contains 24 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar Hitster 1 week ago.

• Author
    OhCanada-
    Participant

Great debut by Bates scoring 30 as Eastern Michigan almost beat Michigan. Seems to have his confidence back. Very happy for him.

1+
    NorrinRaddNorrinRadd
    NorrinRadd
    Participant

Yeah, Jett went a little cold but still played alright. Emoni is going up on my board though. Gonzaga go lucky against Michigan State. Gonzaga’s not there yet. Didn’t expect Oregon to start slow 2 years in a row. Bad loss to UC Irvine. A game I missed was the Villanova game. They had a bad loss. Apparently Cam Whitmore didn’t play though. A good undercard game was UAB falling to Toledo. RayJ Dennis is legit and JT Shumate is a solid player as well.

I’ve noticed in the box scores of a lot of games I didn’t catch that there are guys on some draft boards that are not getting there playing time yet. Hopefully we can see better minutes from guys like Isiaih Mosley are busting so far instead of booming.

1+
    NorrinRaddNorrinRadd
    NorrinRadd
    Participant

Just watching the end of Florida Atlantic about to beat Florida.

NorrinRaddNorrinRadd
    NorrinRadd
    Participant

Terrance Shannon lit it up last night. I know it’s one game, but his shot looks much better. Imo, I think he could be a guy that gets drafted fairly high… like Agbaji did last draft. Only Shannon has better defense than Agbaji. Illinois is a tough beat too.

NorrinRaddNorrinRadd
      NorrinRadd
      Participant

Terrance Shannon could sneak in the lottery this year if he keeps doing what he’s doing.

NorrinRaddNorrinRadd
    NorrinRadd
    Participant

Duke or Kansas? I’m guessing Duke.

NorrinRaddNorrinRadd
    NorrinRadd
    Participant

This Kentucky/Michigan State game is ridiculously great… going into double overtime.

Dazzling Dunks and Basketball Bloopers
    Participant

Grady Dick looks like a really solid role player in the NBA for a long time. Jalen Wilson has made strides with his shooting, although his shot selection got kind of questionable. Duke is going to be a work in progress.

1+
      NorrinRaddNorrinRadd
      NorrinRadd
      Participant

Totally agree, Gradey Dick might sneak in the lottery. Duke’s going to be nasty though, they need to gel more. Same with Kentucky. Lots of younger players.

NorrinRaddNorrinRadd
    NorrinRadd
    Participant

Texas is putting the smack down on Gonzaga.

NorrinRaddNorrinRadd
    NorrinRadd
    Participant

In case anyone missed this last night from Trevon Brazile;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7CDnGkDqrlg

NorrinRaddNorrinRadd
    NorrinRadd
    Participant

Did anyone else notice how bad Arizona State smashed Michigan last night? Michigan might be better than they played, but is Arizona State a legit team? Or was that a fluke?

Anyways, UCLA vs Illinois should be a great matchup tonight. I’m looking forward to watching it tonight, as I’m high on both teams. Michigan State in another heated game against Villanova too. Baylor and Virginia is another game on notice, but I think Baylor will kill them.

Dazzling Dunks and Basketball Bloopers
      Participant

Michigans inexperience at the guard position really showed in that game. They are kind of missing that veteran presence at pg that they’ve had seemingly forever that can kind of calm things down when they start to go off the rails. Dickinsons lack of mobility to defend in the pick and roll can definitely get exposed at times and this was definitely one of those instances. Arizona st also just kind of had an out of body experience as a team shooting the ball in that game. Even though they did thoroughly outplay Michigan some of the shots they were hitting were basically indefensible. There are some takeaways from the outcome, but I don’t think you can draw any definite conclusions about either team just based off that game alone.

1+
    NorrinRaddNorrinRadd
    NorrinRadd
    Participant

Colorado smashing Texas A&M. 30 point lead atm. Switch games. Go PAC 12?

OhCanada-
    Participant

Anything interesting going on this weekend. Havent had any time to scope things out this year.

2+
    Hitster
    Participant

Season is still very early been trying to get up to date with NCAA prospects before the Football World Cup starts and after the T20 Cricket World Cup finished ( Well Done England!)

Jalen Wilson at the Jayhawks looks as if he can step up this season and has already got a NCAA championship to his name so if he impresses this season he could well work his way into mid first round.

Brandon Miller went from 0-6 to 4-5 in his 3 point shooting in his first two games but with his length he can be a threat on both offence and defence and if he continues to improve he’ll be in the mix to go fairly high behind the big 2.

I noticed Dereck Lively has dropped out of the first round on this site’s updated mock and ESPN have said he needs development so might be a guy who will benefit from having another year in college and giving himself time to mature his game. He’ll still be the same size or bigger when he is drafted so his key is improving his game as teams will always be interested in someone of that size.

1+
    NorrinRaddNorrinRadd
    NorrinRadd
    Participant

Guess my Baylor prediction didn’t last well. 🤦‍♂️

Tomorrow the only game I have circled is Fresno State @ North Texas. Sunday there’s a few games I circled. VCU @ Memphis, Kentucky @ Gonzaga, and Houston @ Oregon. There’s also some mini tournament games that will be played.

1+
    NorrinRaddNorrinRadd
    NorrinRadd
    Participant

Wowsers! There’s a lot of potentially great games on today with the tournaments concluding.

UMass vs Charlotte
    Miami (FL) vs Maryland
    Illinois vs Virginia
    UCLA vs Baylor
    Drake vs Wyoming

Those are some of the tournament games. Also, not sure if James Madison is for real or what, but they’re 4-0 and playing @ UNC today.

NorrinRaddNorrinRadd
    NorrinRadd
    Participant

Has anyone else seen the recent consensus mock on here? Unreal! Victor Wemby is going 3rd atm… ridiculous! Maybe there are some trolls out there? Or some user has like 4 accounts and is playing mock bot.

armchairgmarmchairgm
    armchairgm
    Participant

Didn’t even know this site had a consensus mock. Here is my early lottery board think it is too early to really go beyond that as there are some guys in the 20-undrafted range IMO need to see more of them.

1. Victor Wembanyama
    2. Scoot Henderson
    3. Brandon Miller
    4. Nick Smith
    5. GG Jackson
    6. Dariq Whitehead
    7. Keyonte George
    8. Anthony Black
    9. Amen Thompson
    10. Ausur Thompson
    11. Baba Miller
    12. Cam Whitmore
    13. Terquavion Smith
    14. Grady Dick

1+
    Hitster
    Participant

I wouldn’t consider a full mock yet beyond Wemby one and Scoot two. I’ve got to see the G-League guys play more and we have barely started the NCAA season either.

OhCanada-
    Participant

If I had to make an early year sleeper pick to make a deep run in the tournament I would go with Creighton. Haven’t been following much. Not sure what the rankings are. Don’t really care to look. Just know that Nembhard, Alexander, Kaluma and that big efficient Center they have will be a handful for anyone and probably enough to win the Big East. Although I should watch more before making predictions I like Creighton alot.

1+
    NorrinRaddNorrinRadd
    NorrinRadd
    Participant

Creighton’s a very tough, well-balanced team with very good starters they roll with. It’s a good team to pick to get far. Hard to say how good teams with a younger roster will be at the end. I gotta feeling that Duke and Kentucky and teams like those will improve by season’s end. But Creighton’s good now.

BothTeamsPlayedHard-BothTeamsPlayedHard-
    BothTeamsPlayedHard-
    Participant

Kentucky needs Oscar to get up and running. He has put up numbers, but isn’t moving as well as he did last year. They are more reliant on their upperclassmen, which isn’t necessarily a problem, but seems to be more of a result of Cason Wallace being the only freshman who is ready to contribute. This makes their depth an issue especially should CJ Fredrick get hurt, which has been an issue throughout his time in college.

Creighton is good, and probably has the edge over Arkansas. While the Razorbacks are undefeated, but it is hard to trust a team that turns it over and is bad at perimeter shooting. They have talent and depth, but it is hard to win big with that combination. Maybe their win over Louisville gives them some confidence, but that is about as bad a team as there is in a major conference this year.

Duke is getting by on some easy early slate games, but that game with Iowa is looking like one that screams Iowa. First, it is an a statement game for Kris Murray as a draft prospect. He has been phenomenal, and I think that game at Seton Hall meant more than people realize. The Pirates are pretty good. Also, Duke has a quick turnaround after their ACC opener while Iowa gets a week to prepare. I think Tyrese Proctor reclassifying seems overly ambitious. He doesn’t seem ready. Lively might be pipped by Filipowski being really good. It doesn’t seem like a great match with them together. It might be the case as the season goes on that his minutes drop. While I think Scheyer did more of the coaching in K’s final years than it was led to believe, it will be interesting to see how he handles big time recruits who are struggling.

I am curious to see Terquavian Smith and the super-senior transfers of NC State against Kansas tomorrow. The Wolfpack will probably need a little more depth to compete in the ACC and make a tournament run, but tomorrow could put people on notice.

1+
    Hitster
    Participant

Strange to think of the Wildcats not being filled with one and done guys so we may see how good Cal is at trying to improve slower developing and 4 year college players.

As BTPH said it will be interesting to see how Terquavion Smith goes as he could well have been a first rounder this year and is possible lottery contender for next year. A player with his 3 point shooting potential is almost the sort of prototype combo guard that teams covet these days.

1+

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login