This topic contains 12 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar Hitster 1 year, 8 months ago.

• Author
    armchairgmarmchairgm
    armchairgm
    Participant

Concerns about how his skinny frame would hold up in NBA already wreaking havoc. Out for year.

1+
    OhCanada-
    Participant

Ouch. Poor guy. Not sure what happened here is because he hasn’t bulked up though. He ruptured a tendon.

1+
    BothTeamsPlayedHard-BothTeamsPlayedHard-
    BothTeamsPlayedHard-
    Participant

Most injuries cannot be pinpointed down to any one single cause. A player runs up and down the court how many times, jumps up and down how many times, cuts and slides how many times, etc. Why is it any particular instance where something significant happens? It is not as if this is football where multiple 300 lbs men rumble into your legs. All that said. players with thin frames, and other than John Butler it is hard to find many 7-foot basketball players as slight as Chet, have particularly bad track records for staying healthy. It is in no way fun to say that so-and-so is going to get hurt, and after the fact note that this probably won’t be the final time something major happens. It stinks. I don’t know anyone who likes seeing players get hurt, but there is a reason people figure Nikola Jokic has played 70-plus games for seven years straight and most would figure that will be the case for the next five and nobody would want to take that bet with Chet.

1+
    NorrinRaddNorrinRadd
    NorrinRadd
    Participant

What a burner for Chet… for OKC… Look for Jaylin Williams to maybe be a long shot prospering rookie now??? Damn…!

1+
    NorrinRaddNorrinRadd
    NorrinRadd
    Participant

I was drafting in a fantasy basketball league and ended up with Holmgren right before the breaking news… should have drafted Collin Sexton. 🤔

1+
    armchairgmarmchairgm
    armchairgm
    Participant

That’s why my keeper league never drafts until Sunday before season

1+
      NorrinRaddNorrinRadd
      NorrinRadd
      Participant

for sure. I’ve got a few more to go… no keepers though.

OhCanada-
        Participant

I always like to set the draft date before the first preseason game just so we can’t see all the players form and who improved before drafting. Although doing it before preseason also creates injury risks. Which reminds me I gotta start up that league soon.

1+
    Hitster
    Participant

The injury is an unusual one for an NBA player and him being so rail thin might mean he could possibly recover quicker as he has less weight to put on it. Interesting to see on ESPN that apart from Manute Bol the Thunder have the 3 players with the lowest BMI in NBA history on their roster.

I guess it will be another lottery season for the Thunder and they have young players to fill Chet’s minutes and hopefully he’ll be sound for next season.

Hitster
    Participant

Talking of Colin Sexton do the Cavs offer him a deal or does he potentially look elsewhere or even take 1 year qualifying offer from them?

There doesn’t seem to have been much market for him so far as almost all rebuilding teams seem to have PGs in place and no contender really has anything like the qualifying offer to spend on him as a bench scoring option.

1+
    NorrinRaddNorrinRadd
    NorrinRadd
    Participant

The Cavs should offer him a deal imo, especially for the right price.

1+
    Hitster
    Participant

Yep Sexton was unlucky to get injured and then he’s seen the deal that Garland got. But with money committed to Garland, Allen, Markanen and then the eventual second contracts for Mobley and Okoro plus if they want to keep LeVert after this season the Cavs may not want to commit big money to Sexton at this moment.

But if he only signs a one year deal then he can walk away as a FA next summer. I don’t know what they could do as regards a two or three year deal with potential team option for final year.

1+
    Hitster
    Participant

I was watching some NBA stuff on Youtube last night and found a short film about Greg Oden. The one striking fact was he, LMA and Roy in the 62 games all 3 played together the Blazers went 52-10 so it makes you wonder what might have been.

2+

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login