This topic contains 12 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar rvirsal 14 years, 11 months ago.

• Author
    cheesepillow
    Participant

http://www.nbadraft.net/nba_mock_drafts/27296/

2nd round was pretty much just pieced together, but I would like to hear feedback on my 1st round choices

some interesting picks in my mock

Raptors (9th): Chase Budinger
    I always had the Raps choosing Gerald here before, but the past few days…I seem to lean towards Budinger as a possible pick. Just like Henderson, he can work nicely in Torino’s 7 sec offense style and another reason is his great shot that will give the Raps 3 kickout options when Bosh gets the ball in the post. Barganni with the short jay around the paint/off ball screen, Calderon up top for the reset or Budinger with his medium ranged baseline jay who is most likely to be the one open as defender collapse to DT Bosh.

Bucks (10th): Gani Lawal
    Yes, this is about 10~15 spots ahead of where most people think he’ll be drafted. But Lawal has a very solid game around the post who can really dominate the boards on both ends to warrant this reach.

Mavericks (22nd): Wayne Ellington
    I had him dropping quite a number of slots simply because he just isn’t ready for the NBA right away. Dallas doesn’t need him right away and he really is one of the BPA at the time of selection.

——

All other draft picks are quite reasonable to most people, I’ll assume…but raise question/feedback and I’ll respond. Thanks

butidonthavemoney

Why do you think Hill will be picked above Harden and Thabeet?

cheesepillow
    Participant

I’m giving Hill the upperhand over Thabeet due to his explosiveness around the basket on offense. Him and Thabeet are quite equal in my opinion except they are pretty different ball players. OKC needs someone like Hill at the post to really offer Durant more ability to get quality shots off.

As for him over Harden, while is true OKC have holes to fill in the backcourt, they still have high hopes for Westbrook to bloom into the guard they projected him to become last year.

joecheck88
    Participant

word on the street is that Jrue Holiday’s stock is higher than a kite. I have seen him as high as 3(Doug Gottlieb) and most people feel he will be a lotto pick. Taj Gibson has talent but dont know if he is a first rounder. I think Budinger would fit in toronto but people on this site have him out of the lotto except me I have him at 10. I think Gani Lawal is good but I don’t think he goes that high but I have seen Dajuan Blair at 10 to the Bucks and to be honest I like Lawal better at 10. I also have Wayne Ellington at 22 to Dallas.

Check Trinajoe Mock 1.0 under NBA Draft Forum & also here is link

http://www.nbadraft.net/nba_mock_drafts/16900

cheesepillow
    Participant

thanks Joe. Yeah, I seen Jrue being chosen early on a lot of drafts as well. I’m still debating where he ranks with the other guards compared to Flynn, Maynor and Lawson…which depending on how you rank those 4…they can all be picked between 9 to 22.

Gibson started as a late 1st few weeks ago, but consensus says he’ll drop to the 2nd round…but there aren’t too many big man available and so could still sneak into the first round ahead of some more talented mid-tier guards like Christmas, Thornton and such.

Lawal and Ellington…you basically summed up how I feel

joecheck88
    Participant

and austin daye has talent i just dont know if he is going to stay in the draft. but i could definately see the Pacers taking him because he can shoot and has length. Also the Pacers just seem to like average athletic players. I have them taking Jrue Holiday who is average athletically. They just pick boring players.

cheesepillow
    Participant

Daye has been all over the draft boards.
    Being a Zags fan, sometimes he just lacks that drive to win (same to Pargo) which is why some teams will choose to pass on him (like Pacers for example)

I really think he needs another year of college ball, but until he withdraws…I’ll keep him in the mocks

QHaynes123

i thought about Daye at 13 too!!!!

I like your mock but i have a couple q’s

Evans falls to 16?

Clark at 18?

Why? Also, Read Mock Draft 3.1

cheesepillow
    Participant

yeah…I considering to move them up on my next version. But right now, I don’t know where they can fit in terms of team needs versus BPA.

thanks, your mock are well thought out as well, Q.

QHaynes123

I agree these are the biggest high potential guys and i think they may slip

Jackyboy6
    Participant

I know that this is looking really deep into your mock, but why did you put Jeff Pendergraph at 60. He lead the nation in feild goal % and he was also a force out on the court. I say he is more of a 35 overall type of guy.

cheesepillow
    Participant

thanks for pointing him out. In truth, I did not know who he is and have not checked his game out yet, but I agree with your assessment after reading about some. He will def. go higher in my next mock.

rvirsal
    Participant

quoting cheesepillow: “2nd round was pretty much just pieced together, but I would like to hear feedback on my 1st round choices”

hope that answers your question, Jackyboy6

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login