This topic contains 14 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar mrknowitall313 13 years, 9 months ago.

• Author
    Brace94
    Participant

OKC is going to be a great team in a couple of years. I think they could take the Western torch from the Lakers in a couple of years. I think they could beat out the Heat too. I mean Durant in a couple of years could be the BEST player in the NBA not because of LeBrons talent decreasing, but Durants talent increasing. All he needs is strength and he could take LeBron all day. But i think the Thunder will be champions with Westbrook, Harden, and Durant on that team.

Thoughts…

Bryant24
    Participant

I was thinking the same thing I mean I love the lakers but thunder are fun to watch and their me 2nd favorite team behind the lakers Kevin Durant can lead the league in scoring for a long time especially since lebron,and wade have to share the spotlight and Kobe dont have to hog the ball anymore kevin durant is going to be special and I think in about 3 years thunder are going to be one of the best team if not the best in the league but you cant sleep on kobe because his work ethic is not like any other.

llperez

not to sound like im bashing the thunder becasue i think they are absolutely built great for the future and will be contenders. But you cant just throw championships out there for every team that has promise. Lakers, magic and heat arent’ going anywhere for a little while and in that time other teams will step up as well. As the old saying goes, it’s much easier to turn a bad team in to a good team then it is to turn a good team into a champion.

paint intruder
    Participant

Of course we can’t know just yet but we can hope that this great young team has an even brighter future ahead of them.
    They grew together nicely and seem to be like a family, which is great.
    I think, if you give them a couple more years of developing, seasoning and drafting/trading wisely, they’ll have some legit shots at the title.

mrknowitall313
    Participant

durant is nothin more than a great scorer like melo. bron can do it all. he wont b better than him til his knees go bad.

sheltwon3
    Participant

Lebron is not a complete scoring though, Durant is and is improving on the thing he doesnt do well.

stanford hoops

I like the thnder but I remember hearing this on here a couple years ago about Portland. The thnder aren’t close to title cntention yet. Also heard the same thing about the hornets

Brace94
    Participant

Durant can do it all Mrknowitall313. He is a tremendous scorer. He is the most offensively polished player in the league besides Kobe. He is a good defender and an excellent rebounder. And he also has good court vision for a 6’10” Forward. And he is 6’10”. All he needs is more bulk. So put that in your pipe and smoke it Mrknowitall313.

Bvilleballer21
    Participant

Durant is a spectacular scorer and an unique NBA talent. But I have my doubts if he will ever be on Bron’s level. I think his play is definitely elevated by his supporting cast, a luxury LeBron really hasn’t had. He doesn’t have the vision or body that LeBron has, and I feel like teams will eventually be able to somewhat find a way to guard Durant unless he bulks up. This is not to say teams will stop him from leading the league in scoring, but Bron can just hurt you in so many ways, as I think he will show in Miami this year surrounded by great scorers.However, I do think Durant is the future 2nd best player in the league because of his size, scoring ability, and terrific supporting cast.

OldSkoolBasketball
    Participant

Portland is better than OKC when healthy. Remember the OKC team that won 50 games did not miss much games.

Russell0Westbrook
    Participant

As long as they dont do like portland and make smart choices with who they extent and for how much they will compete for rings they have 2 building blocks in durant and westbroon and a lot of players that play their roles. I think it all depends on how ibaka developes and them getting another bigman. Maybe Blake will want to come home in a couple years????

Steroid
    Participant

If people are saying Durant needs to bulk up because he doesn’t create contact and get to the line.. Well he got there 10.2 times per game which is a lot. Yes, he does need to get stronger, I think he gets to the line a lot and it’s not necessary for him to get stronger. But yes, there is always something you can improve.

mrknowitall313
    Participant

did u say he is a good defender and rebounder? lol how many games did he have double digit rebounds? boy is 6’10 he should b averaging 9 or 10 rebounds

Brace94
    Participant

he averages 7 rebounds a game and is a SMALL FORWARD. Not a power forward. And its only his third year. i bet next year he will be averaging 9 or 10 a game. and he isnt that bulky. thats part of the reason. so once again mrknowitall313, put that in your pipe and smoke it!

mrknowitall313
    Participant

wow so the reason he only grabbed 7 boards is cuz he played the 3? lol wat position does bron play again?

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login