This topic contains 7 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar Hitster 1 year, 10 months ago.

• Author
    OhCanada-
    Participant

Who do you guys like for the Cavs at 14?

I feel like the popular pick would be Malaki Branham because of the need for perimeter scoring and the Ohio St. connection although I’m not as high on Malaki as most. I just don’t think he has an elite first step or ballhandling abillity and he also hasn’t proven to be much of a playmaker. To me his best case scenario is Desmond Bane.

That being said I’m wondering who you guys think they target. At the end of the lottery the draft kind of opens up. Seems theres a solid 10-15 players that could make a late lottery debate.

2+
    armchairgmarmchairgm
    armchairgm
    Participant

At 14 I think these players would be in the mix for Cleveland depending on who is still available: Ousmane Dieng, Ochai Agbaji, Malaki Branham, Jeremy Sochan, Tari Eason.

In my latest mock I had them taking Malaki Branham only guy out of the list above that was already gone was Dieng.

3+
      OhCanada-
      Participant

Yeah thats the group I heard about them being interested in. Also Jalen Williams in that mix and Branham’s teammate Liddell. I actually think Liddell is the better fit as a longterm replacement over Love. I think Dieng gets picked by OKC at 12. Sochan is probably gone at 13 by Charlotte if Centers Duren and Williams are both on the board. And I’ve been pretty vocal about how I feel Eason is a top 10 prospect, I think theres no way he is available at 14.

So out of that group for my board it leavess Agbaji and Branham… Liddell and Jalen Williams. Throw in Washington, Wesley, even Jovic, Terry.

2+
        NorrinRaddNorrinRadd
        NorrinRadd
        Participant

Right now I have Jalen Williams there with Branham going 12th. I’m pretty much on board with the collective prospects said.

Hitster
    Participant

I had them taking Tari Eason but Branham might be a better fit and I’d also like Ousmane Dieng as a fit as he has great size for a swingman and could give them great size in that position when they need to close out games.

2+
    JK44JK44
    JK44
    Participant

Johnny Davis worked out for every team 5-11. Maybe no one fall in love. Dieng, Eason are gone . J. Davis is my Cavs pick.

1+
      NorrinRaddNorrinRadd
      NorrinRadd
      Participant

I can see that for sure. I have Johnny 13 to the Hornets.

1+
    Hitster
    Participant

I think Davis will be gone by 14 personally. Clearly a lot of teams looking at him plus with so many SG’s/SFs between 4 and 11 on the mocks teams will have a good look at them all.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login