This topic contains 15 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar ctw724 14 years, 10 months ago.

• Author
    ctw724
    Participant

There are rumors, by several media outlets, saying the Bulls are trying to trade up. I’m hearing New Jersey. Does that makes sense?

http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/59930/20090619/cavs_pursue_vince_bulls_look_to_package_picks_for_11th/#

http://www.nbadraft.net/node/7444

I think Blair fits better than Johnson for the Bulls. It surprised me that they want to dump #26 considering their need to get taller and more defensive in the backcourt.

birdman113

the problem is theres a good chance Blair will be taken before 16. i think if Blairs gone they should take Johnson but
    unfortunetly they might take Mullens.

ctw724
    Participant

As the rumors continue to flow, the Bulls seems to want to move up to #11.

The pick NEEDS to be DEJUAN BLAIR!!! If they want a more versatile big-man, go after Chris Bosh, he’s available. James Johnson is too much like Tyrus Thomas.

NBATalk20098
    Participant

because Mullens is a talented big man with good athleticism and upside.

ctw724
    Participant

Blair makes the most sense, in terms of Big-man in the draft. Personally, I would love to see them get Blair and a defensive mined SG, like TWILL, Sam Young, or DeRozan.

How about a backcourt of Rose and DeRozan?….say that 5 times fast…hehe

deuce4off

I really think the Bulls will land Chris Bosh after next season so I don’t think they should look PF. I also believe they will trade their picks on draft day, something like 16 and 26 overall to the Warriors for 7 overall and a 2nd in 2010. If they trade up to 7th I think they might take either Earl Clark or Demar Derozan….James Harden at 7 the obvious choice if for some reason he falls. If they pick at 16, they may look SG since Gordon should be gone. I think they may take Henderson, Ellington, or Budinger at 16….possibly James Johnson. I don’t care how much of a Pitt fan you are, Blair is a basically a lock to bust. I’m sure you want Sam Young at 26 and think we should trade Rose for Ramon Sessions?

thetruth
      Participant

the bulls wont land bosh. but i do think they bulls do wanna move up so they can get blair or james johnson.

Nbanflguy
    Participant

I read somewhere that the bulls already made a promise to Mullens

marcusfizer21marcusfizer21
    marcusfizer21
    Participant

Hey.. I am all up 100 percent on DeJuan Blair… James Johnson is OK but I dont really think the Chicago Bulls need a SF right now… I want to see DeJuan wearing a Bulls uniform… BJ Mullens? Hmmmm.. I dont know what to think but they say he will be going to Motown… God, Joe Dumars do miss Darko, doesn’t he? LOL

ctw724
    Participant

First off, I’m not a PITT alum or fan for that matter, although I do like Ditka and Dixon. Secondly, the Bulls NEED BULK in the post. A player who can rebound, score, and set screens. Blair gives them that. Third, I like Sam Young because he is really good. The Bulls also NEED a wing with size, who can defend the perimeter, go get rebounds and run the break. Young would give them that, so would Terrence Williams.

Johnson is a SF, which they don’t need. If they trade for Bosh, they will most likely have to give up Tyrus Thomas, so Blair would make for a nice back-up, just like Paul Millsap in Utah. If Gordon leaves for free-agency, then picking players like Young or TWILL make sense for them.

Does that explain why I want Blair, TWILL and/or Young? It has nothing to do with them going to PITT. I just think they fit well with Bulls, so naturally I call them the PITTBulls.

chibulls88
    Participant

Whether the bulls move up or stay put to draft a SG he needs to be able to shoot 3s. Rose cant shoot from deep and a backcourt with no range is trouble. In the Celtic series Rondo was guarding Rose 5 ft away begging him to shoot. Another guard who cant shoot would allow the defense to back off and focus on stopping drives to the paint. In short no DeRozan or Evans

ctw724
    Participant

Golden State and New Jersey make the best trade partners for the Bulls.

velazquez
    Participant

Scott42444 nailed it on the head. Knowing Paxson, Bulls would never draft Mullens, and rightfully so. He was invisible in college, and is still trying to ride his high school hype.

If they are pursuing James Johnson, then they must have Tyrus ready to go in a trade package – maybe the Bosh trade?

Scott42444
    Participant

I have been a damn broken record on this topic, but I am going to say it again. If the Bulls draft BJ Mullens, and keep him, I will eat my Uncle’s underwear. They DO NOT take projects like BJ Mullens EVER! Not since Jerry Krause left anyway (Chandler and Curry). Since Paxson took over (and Gar Heard will not be dramatically different with Paxson as his boss) every significant draft pick and contributing player has been Final Four or better. Now, that’s not to say if someone made it to the Sweet 16 ONLY he wouldn’t be picked or anything like that. But, the Bulls since Paxson moved into the front office take guys who succeeded at winning schools. Every single time. Plus, with the Bulls feeling the pressure to win now (more than they maybe should) it seems just ridiculous for them to take Mullens who couldn’t find a way to put up some numbers at Ohio State (who seem to do okay with centers as of late).

That being said, this is a pretty weak draft (no matter what anyone says) and Mullens might be the only guy the Bulls see falling to #16 who will be an NBA starter in 5 years. Or he must have had a HELL of a workout. I see the Bulls trading up in the draft or out of the draft. They need to add 2 guys to the rotation and the draft MIGHT NOT be the way to do it. If they can’t trade up and get their guy they might just trade #16 and get another solid veteran in return instead.

ctw724
    Participant

They would draft him at #9.

The Bulls NEED to get DeJuan Blair. Furthermore, they should go after TWILL or some other guard and trade GREEDY BG7 to save some money.

Rose-Wade-Bosh in 2010!!!

ctw724
    Participant

I heard they are in discussions with San Antonio, who badly wants to get in the first round, for that #26 Pick. San Antonio has 3 second round picks. That could go down, if the Bulls can’t trade up. I know the really like Jerel McNeal, Jermaine Taylor and Robert Dozier.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login