This topic contains 61 replies, has 26 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar hgghda 11 years, 1 month ago.

• Author
    llperez

Thoughts here

Really surprised Oregon is a 12 seed. 26-8, PAC 12 tourny champs. Swept ucla and zona and had a really strong out of conference schedule. Only struggled when starting pg Dominic artis was injured. Really shocking.

mikeyvthedon
    Participant

I am super pissed. Think UCLA got the seed they deserved, Oregon got F#CKED! I hate that we have to play Marcus Smart and Oklahoma State. Was not incredibly surprised that Kansas got the #1, just wonder who out of Gonzaga, Indiana or Miami loses out. Guessing it must be Miami.

Malik-Universal
    Participant

who the hell is on the committee? ucla is a six seed.. Oregon is a 12?? makes no sense

mikeyvthedon
    Participant

Good for them, they deserve it. I like the draw for Miami, despite them having to play Indiana potentially. Regardless, their were 5 teams (6 if you counted Duke) vying for 1’s, think their are not many issues there. For the "MWC gets no respect" people, DO NOT BUY IT! UNLV getting a 5! REALLY!? I had high hopes, they did not meet them. SDSU getting a 7 was generous as well. Colorado could be in trouble. Thought the Pac had it locked. Kentucky’s bubble burst, their own doing.

akhan786
    Participant

That West bracket is a joke.

Lotto Stud
    Participant

Miami got jerked

llperez

Who’s 1 seed did they deserve? I think the 4 one seeds r correct.

Lotto Stud
        Participant

Kansas

surve
      Participant

yes, and I knew they would get jerked. not sure what you have to do….#1 in conference, won tourney, beat #1 ranked team by 27. geez.

Forte IV
    Participant

Oregon a 12 seed and then Colorado a 10 seed. Makes no sense

llperez

Oregon beats unlv, has a better record in a similar caliber conference and unlv’s a 5 and Oregon a 12? Just crazy.

TRC1991
      Participant

I negged you…the MWC was a lot stronger than the PAC-12 this year

llperez

Points are childish, I haven’t pressed the +- in a number of years.

In any case, I would give a very slight edge to the mwc, but very close. Zona beat SD state on the court. Oregon beat unlv in las Vegas. I could do more research, but just watching both conferences on pretty a regular basis, it’s close. New Mexico is legit though, nothing but respect for that team.

mikeyvthedon
    Participant

I like the #1’s, though I had Miami maybe above Kansas, though that was not a big shocker. Again, the UNLV 5 and us 12, insanity. Wow, just crazy. New Mexico deserves that #3. Well, bubble bursting for Kentucky, Alabama, Tennessee and Colorado. Gottlieb arguing about Gonzaga is just what I would expect from someone who usually is a jerk.

llperez

Colorado is in. I know my first thought when I saw Oregon get a 12 was that sucks for Colorado and cal because surely they are behind the ducks, but nope. Committe is crazy.

mikeyvthedon
        Participant

Being 11, than making Colorado a 10, is BATSH!T CRAZY! For once would love to see one of these guys actually say, "we just f#cking wing it!" rather than come with this "I am so serious and we truly believe and stand by our work" BS. I never get anything from these talks, they just further infuriate the nonsense of some of these seedings. 

llperez

They asked him how Oregon was a 12 and unlv is a 5? His response was we respect the ducks, they are a good team yadayadayada… Then says they would have been an 11 as if that answers it. Just completely ignores the question. I think an 8 at worst for the ducks if not a 6 same as ucla and zona got.

Malik-Universal
    Participant

Wisconsin is a 5 seed… I think they should be a 4 seed

Dale Worthington
      Participant

1 seed here or there is no biggy and to be expected…you wanna talk a about a team that got shafted?

PITT!

They got an 8-seed and deserved a 5!

They’re a top 15 team according to all the objective ranking systems (KenPoM, BPI, and Sagarin), have two playmakers in Woodall and Robinson, have multiple weapons on the wing, and 2 guys who can bang in Adams and Zanna, Adams being a great athlete at 7-feet.

Mad Max
        Participant

thoughts on Pitt knocking off Gonzaga?

Dale Worthington
          Participant

Pitt is far better at the point, they’ve played real teams this year, and they have the size and athleticism down low to neutralize Harris and Olynyk.

Pitt or Wichita State will beat Gonzaga.

llperez

I’m in a tough spot, I don’t like the hurricanes as a team but they have such an easy bracket. I might have to advance them farther then I really want to.

mikeyvthedon
    Participant

Now, if you do not want these guys polluting your minds as far as your brackets go, turn the TV OFF NOW! I probably will keep watching, just try not to listen to their opinions or awful upset picks that destroy countless brackets yearly. Also, if you are doing a bracket, here is the official NBADraft.net group on ESPN:

http://games.espn.go.com/tournament-challenge-bracket/en_CA/group?groupID=39548&entryID=444001

I May Be Wrong
      Participant

I joined a couple of hours ago….. so now you know its official! Hurry all, weren’t there like over 100 members last year?

Nbanflguy
    Participant

Minnesota has a great matchup against UCLA. Cant wait

Forte IV
    Participant

My final four as of right now is Michigan St, New Mexico, Georgetown, and Miami. Probably will switch out Michigan St.

Malik-Universal
    Participant

man im not sure that Gonzaga is worthy of a number one seed… Miami got snubbed as a number one seed

Professor Rozay
      Participant

What is wrong with making zaga a number 2 seed. I understand that they had a good season but The U should have been a one seed over zaga and Kansas.

Dale Worthington
      Participant

The problem with the U is that they lost to 3 teams outside the top 100. That’s inexcusable right there. Reggie Johnson was out for 1 but they lost so badly to the point that I’m still pretty sure they would have lost with him in there.

llperez

Zags pretty much have to be judged on the eye test. I mean they didn’t play in a competitive conference, but they didn’t lose any of those games either. I mean Miami lost to Florida gulf coast and indiana state.

Dale Worthington
    Participant

Observations:

-The East and the Midwest are by far the best
    -The West is by far the worst
    -New Mexico has a clear path to the Final Four (Arizona has no PG and no post, Ohio State has no post + Snell can neutralize DeShaun Thomas, Gonzaga will lose to Pitt)!
    -No clue who’s gonna advance to the Final Four from the South…could be Kansas, Florida, VCU, or Michigan
    -6 of the 8 8/9 seeds are exceptionally dangerous: Missouri, Colorado State, NC State, Temple, Pitt and Wichita State
    -Pitt got shafted! An 8?!?! They should have gotten a 5
    -Gonzaga (1) will croak in the 2nd round to Pitt (8)
    -St. Louis is a terrible 4: unathletic, 1 high-major victory all year (A&M), below-average at PG, well-below-average in the post
    -Creighton is a dangerous 7!
    -Boise State: from First Four to Sweet Sixteen!
    -Is Abreu gonna play for Akron? If so, they could go to the Sweet Sixteen
    -Nate Wolters (23, 6, and 6, 6’4 at the point) and SD St. (13) can beat Michigan (4)
    -Minnesota as an 11 vs. UCLA as a 6?!?! Minnesota is the BETTER team!
    -San Diego St. vs. Georgetown in the 2nd round: 2 one man bands taking on one another: Jamaal Franklin vs. Otto Porter
    -Marquette as a 3? Not sure if serious

KingoftheOceanCourt
      Participant

I think the South is better than the East: I could see Kansas, Florida, or Michigan winning the championship this year, but from the East, I think Indiana is the only likely candidate.

Also, I think Michigan is going to stomp SD St., regardless of how well Wolters plays.

llperez

Looking at the brackets, I’m not sure which is the weakest. But the west seems legit to me. I’ve watched a lot of ball recently with the conference tourneys, and I must say, new Mexico, gonzaga and Ohio st all seem legit as he’ll to me. I seriously considered all 3 as final 4 teams prior to seeing the brackets. Also the 5/12 between ole miss and Wisconsin, that’s a great matchup. And u even claim Pitt is a top 15 team in America and they r in there. I don’t see how it’s so much worse then the others

R-Dot-13
    Participant

I think New Mexico has an unbelievable chance to get to the Final Four. Great bracket for them. They’re my pick there.

Dale Worthington
      Participant

Right on, good sir!

It’s a combination of New Mexico being a great team in a terrible region.

Athleticism and size on the perimeter, 2 legit bangers down low with the emergence of Bairstow, and lock-down defense.

It’s funny that the team I’m most confident in reaching the Final Four is a mid-major., But Nueva Mehico is legit. Too legit to quit!

hgghda
      Participant

I think New Mexico has an unbelievable chance to get to the Final Four

Dale Worthington
    Participant

Marquette, a 3, but Michigan and Syracuse a 4…that is beyond absurd!

Forte IV
    Participant

It’s literally New Mexico’s to lose. They have such an easy route I’d be surprised if they didn’t make it. But hey, it’s March.

TomShoe
    Participant

KENTUCKY FOR NCAA CHA…oh wait.

KENTUCKY FOR NIT CHAMPS! GO BIG BLUE!!!111!

r377r377
    r377
    Participant

Is anyone else excited about potentially seeing Michigan vs Kansas in the third round ?

5 prospects in mclemore, withey, hardaway, little dog and trey burke. Mitch mcgary in the future draft…

aamir543
    Participant

I love Butler this year, not basing this off of their previous history but I think they’re really good, I have them in my final 4

Ohio State is my champion. Call me crazy but defense wins championships, their lack of a post presence could be their pitfall, but I think they’re a solid well rounded team.

I also think the winner of Michigan and VCU will make it to the final four, both teams are really good, but I have Michigan in the final 4 and in championship game.

Louisville is a really good team, that’s why I have them in final 4 as well, but Russ Smith to me is too inconsistent fro them to win the championship,

UCLA to me is a huge wild-card, they can either get blown out in round 1, or they can ride Shabazz all the way to the final 4. Don’t go adn get your glasses, you read that correctly.

I’m still flip flopping between Gonzaga over Ole Miss, I think Marshall Henderson will absolutely steal the show, but I think Gonzaga is good enough to go all the way as well.

Screw it, I’m putting Ole Miss in the final 4, or maybe I’d still go with OSU.

This is going to be the worst year for brackets, I expect to see tons of red on my bracket, by Thursday my whole Elite 8 will probably change.

Forte IV
    Participant

I dont even see Ohio St even getting out of the pool of 32 tbh

Dale Worthington
    Participant

Quote of the Year from Dougie Gottlieb on Florida:

“In games decided by 9 points or less, the Gators are 0-6 on the year. They get steak knives, no coffee.”

ncballer

I hope to see a UNC vs. KU game in the second. I am a huge UNC homer and think that UNC will lose. But I think it will be a game where PJ Hairston gets put on the map as a prospect and proves himself while being checked by Releford and McClemore.

Wahoo757
    Participant

Who here thinks that NC State could potentially upset Indiana?

raybeas
      Participant

@NCState. I don’t think State has improved more since last year than Indiana has. I’d rather play NCSt than Temple if I’m IU, based on pace.

Forte IV
    Participant

^^^I do

Ahkasi Clay
    Participant

I did not watch a single game. I will not see a single tourney game. So when you say I dont know what I am talking about. This one time you are right.

llperez

Okay, I’ve done my homework and now have my bracket set. I will say, prior to seeing the seedings, gonzaga, new Mexico and Louisville were my 3 favorite teams. However, gonzaga and new Mex meet in the elite 8 so that knocks out the lobos. And Louisville meets a duke team in the elite 8 that is healthy and hungry and I see duke pulling out the win via better big men. Do my title game is gonzaga over Indiana. I love the zags this year, no true playmakers at gaurd? Have people watched Stockton and pangs, those guy are legit. Kelly olymtck is the best big period. Anyone who thinks zeller or plumlee or Cauley stein is better is smoking major doped olynyck kills though guys. Michigan is my 4th final 4 team.

Sewok15
      Participant

The Zags have looked great but I just can’t see them winning the title. I like New Mexico and Louisville but I am not sold on Gonzaga. I think Pittsburgh could take them out in the opening weekend.

surve
    Participant

I was hoping Virginia would get in. They had some great wins and a good season. Alas, they did themselves in. The loss to NC State in the tourney didnt hurt them, but if they had won it, it couldve helped. Nah….what does Virginia in is what usually does bubble ACC teams in…they lose to teams they shouldnt. Back to back losses to Wake and Clemson look bad on your resume, then throw in a bonus loss to GT. After they beat Duke, they basically sealed their own fate by dropping the next 2 games in a row, to BC and FSU. Had they won those games, they wouldve been in. They had a good season but it was not a snub that they didnt make it.

Wahoo757
      Participant

We wouldn’t have done anything in the tournament. I believe we were something like 3-10 on the road or at a neutral site including losses to BC and ODU, among other terrible teams.

Forte IV
    Participant

I watched many games where Gonzaga deserved to lose and the other team had plenty of opportunities to hit a big shot at the end but didn’t. BYU is an example of that. If Gonzaga plays where they deserve to lose in this tourney, then they WILL lose. They will finally be playing some real competition and I doubt they make it past sweet 16( even if they get there).

Ghost01
    Participant

Oregon got job for sure, but…wouldn’t you rather be playing OK State in the first round, and have a 4-13 winner waiting in the wings, instead of being and 8/9 seed and having to face a 1 the first weekend?

Not to go all Duke homer…but they got absolutely jobbed of a one seed and everyone was fine with it. The conference tourneys are a nice touch to the end of the season, but why did this somehow knock Duke, who Joe Lunardi had as the number one OVERALL seed off the front line, when they have the #1 RPI and #1 SOS because Kansas beat one mediocre team to win the Big 12 title? I just don’t get it….Its a joke they were seeded ahead of Indiana and Zaga too, I just don’t get why so much stock was put into these conference tourneys.

With that said about Zaga, I reviewed there schedule last night…and they virtually beat no one the whole year. I will be surprised if they make the final four, thats for sure.

And how are Louisville, Duke, Michigan St, and St. Louis in the same region? WTF? That region is loaded, and everyone is wayyyyyy too high on Louisville right now. They are good team, but clear cut favorites? Nooooo.

alinge
      Participant

Agree Duke should of been a 1, but I think the committee were quite down on the ACC this year, looking at UNC’s seeding and Virginia and Maryland not getting in. But surely Duke should get some credit for not having their most important player for about half of the year, same way Louisville did for missing their most important player Gorgui Dieng in a couple of their losses. Same for us at Oregon I think the committee thought the Pac-12 was garbage this year (which it was) and undervalued Oregon, although most of our losses came without our point guard Dominic Artis who was injured.

Ghost01
        Participant

Exactly, if the committee did what it was suppose to do, they should have credited Oregon with the fact Artis’ injury costed them. That seeding was a joke, but again, you probably have a more clear path to the S16 than if you were an 8 or a 9.

And I know the ACC was weak…but Duke beat the Big East and Big 10 tourney champs, and really didn’t have a bad loss. But I forgot, they lost to Maryland while Kansas was beating up on all of those weak Big 12 teams en route to the conference title.

JNixon
    Participant

i believe that butler is going to beat miami in the sweet 16 man

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login