This topic contains 15 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by NorrinRaddNorrinRadd NorrinRadd 1 month, 2 weeks ago.

• Author
    canadabasketballisrisingcanadabasketballisrising
    canadabasketballisrising
    Participant

Harden is only going to re-sign with teams he thinks he can win with. Nuggets can offer Murray, Porter and 1-2 firsts, Sixers can give up Simmons, Maxey, 1-2 firsts. But among contenders I dont see a better offer than Golden State can offer.

Offer: Wiggins, Wiseman, Wolves 2021 first (top 3 protected, 2022 unprotected), 1 more first for James Harden, Christian Wood.

Who says no? this put golden state back in contender status with the lakers and nets and the hands on favourites when klay returns next season.
    Wood
    Green
    Oubre
    Harden
    Curry

2+
    NorrinRaddNorrinRadd
    NorrinRadd
    Participant

Not sure the Rockets would throw in Christian Wood too, but maybe… GS and Houston would definitely head more to their agendas… I like the idea of it.

canadabasketballisrising
    Participant

Houston is not going to get a better offer tho. Wiggins is probably the best salary filler they will get. Wiseman is a player they could maybe build around, they will get a top 5 pick, and another first, and hopefully their own high pick (protections in westbrook top 4 2021)… i dont see how christian wood is a deal breaker for that.

RUDEBOY-RUDEBOY-
    RUDEBOY-
    Participant

I Believe he’s going to end up in Boston for Walker or Brown,1 of the Williams guys,some draft picks and the rights to Yam Madar…..

canadabasketballisrising
    Participant

why would they a take severely less offer of brown and low picks than wiseman, a top 5 pick and wiggins? wiggins is 2 years older than brown and the WORST part of their deal as a salary filler.

RUDEBOY-RUDEBOY-
    RUDEBOY-
    Participant

brown has more value to teams than wiggins..and i doubt warriors will include wiseman in the trade….t wolves draft pick next year is top 3 protected,but it appears there will be 2 or 3 more franchise type players after the obvious 3 of cade,suggs and green…

1+
      NorrinRaddNorrinRadd
      NorrinRadd
      Participant

Brown is better than Wiggins. They’re both not to shabby.

canadabasketballisrising
    Participant

I understand Brown is better than wiggins. What is misunderstood by both of you is: Wiggins is THE WORST PART of the golden state deal and Brown is the BEST PART… The golden State deal is much better. So again I ask my original question, why would the celtics take a lesser offer? Hell, just include the wolves pick with wiggins and the deal is better than the celtics. Secondly, top 3 protected this year, unprotected 2022, so a very good pick likely.

RUDEBOY-RUDEBOY-
    RUDEBOY-
    Participant

yeah thats an amazing haul for houston..wiseman looked good in his debut the other night..having curry and harden on the same team and both guys are capable of dropping 50 on any given night fans would love it….but harden will be 33 when he becomes a free agent in 2 years, will warriors be willing to commit max deal for him with curry,klay,draymond ,plus wiseman’s contract will be coming up ….

sniper
    Participant

The draft picks are great, but I thought Houston insisted on getting a franchise player in return for Harden.

Wiggins is not one, but Simmons certainly is. Murray looks like he’s about to become one.

Hitster
    Participant

Houston got only John Wall in return for Westbrook plus a very protected pick so are teams going to give up numerous picks and assets for Haren who is 31 and has a load of miles on the clock. I do wonder. look at when Philly traded AI to Denver who was a similar age, their return wasn’t loads of picks and young assets.
    I still wonder if a team like the Knicks might make a run at him, they have cap space and own all their picks, plus have a few nice expiring deals. Likewise Miami have a lot of expiring deals and Butler is same age as Harden so they would be an ideal compliment to each other. One total wildcard is the Spurs, Popps is ageing and may fancy one last run at a title. They have some nice expiring deals and DeRozan would cover a lot of the salary throw in a couple of picks and Houston can rebuild. With Gay and Mills also expiring then Spurs might even take Gordon too which would virtually clear Houston’s cap.

OhCanada-
    Participant

Wiggins looks absolutely terrible right now. Its still pretty much preseason and hopefully he will just have to shake some rust off but you can tell who’s been keeping sharp and who’s been faking it. That dudes gonna have to turn it around if GSW wants to have any chance at being competitive this year. For sure nobody is trading for him.

Brooklyn should just play out the season right now the way things are. They are looking like clear cut favorites out East and the Lakers have built up the sort of chemistry and belief to look like clear cut favorites out West. That Brooklyn bench would be a playoff team alone. They might have to make some minor moves though because Dinwiddie and Allen are definitely gone next offseason. But I’d make trades to bring in dedicated reserve roles sooner than I’d trade them for another high usage player.

1+
      NorrinRaddNorrinRadd
      NorrinRadd
      Participant

early hind site is Wiggins not shabby now after ugly start, Wood looking like an All-Star, Brown looking like a franchise player Wiseman’s playing solid and Harden is on the Nets in a blockbuster trade where they lost to much imo… Do the Nets win within the next 2-3 years? If not, it’s a huge loss. Very possible they win once.

jmack
    Participant

Must be a Warriors fan. Big NO!!!!! I would rather have Christian Wood than anyone on the Warriors minus Curry or Thompson. He had 31 points and 13 rebounds yesterday. Wood is 25 and has one of the best contracts in the entire league. Wiggins has one of the worst contracts, can’t shoot, play defense, and is at best a 3rd option on a good team. Maybe, maybe, maybe replace him with Eric Gordon in that trade and the Rockets may think about it……….

I think the Mavs have the best possible offer with KP and Hardaway Jr.

jmack
    Participant

Exactly, Wiggins is not good at all and on a horrible contract. Maybe you could trade Wiggins’ horrible contract for Love’s, but if I am the Cavs I might say no to that even.

canadabasketballisrising
    Participant

Wiggins is NOT a franchise player which is perfect! Lots of people are not able to see the bigger picture- not a warriors fan at all.

Wolves will suck this year, and so will the rockets with this trade. In exchange for Harden and Wood, the Rockets will get: Wiseman a great young talent, their own top pick in the draft (not if they keep harden), the wolves top pick in the draft (2 top 5 picks?) and wiggins..

They are not going to beat this offer. This is HOW YOU REBUILD.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login