This topic contains 7 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar Choppy 1 year, 5 months ago.

• Author
    r377r377
    r377
    Participant

Who is the best backup PG in the league ?

Which backups do you think will eventually be given a starter’s role ?

1+
    Hitster
    Participant

Trrus Jones as Ja’s back in Memphis sprang to mind.as a very solid back up PG.

The second question is a tougher one as it rules out top PGs who have moved to the bench and then you have psudeo 6th men who are good enough to start but maybe don’t for tactical reasons.

1+
    armchairgmarmchairgm
    armchairgm
    Participant

I mean currently Russell Westbrook

2+
    NorrinRaddNorrinRadd
    NorrinRadd
    Participant

Malcom Brogdon makes a good case.

2+
    JDB12
    Participant

This has to date back to my thoughts last year, but Ayo Dosunmu. He does often play off the ball with the Bulls due to their personnel, and this year has started every game mostly because of injuries. But last year and so far this year I thought he’s showed a fantastic all around skill set to be, at worst, a good backup PG for years. But I think he also has an very high ceiling with several potential all-star nods as well. He’s shown to be a pest defensively, with good size and athleticism. His outside shooting could be more consistent but mid-range and in he’s dangerous. He’s not the most natural passer but he isn’t lacking vision by any means from what I’ve seen. He also is as effective on the ball as off of the ball.

2+
    Robb_CRobb_C
    Robb_C
    Participant

De’Anthony Melton

1+
    Zouldiers
    Participant

Jose Alvarado

2+
    Choppy
    Participant

Cameron Payne does a good job backing up Chris Paul.

2+

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login