This topic contains 15 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by r377r377 r377 2 years, 5 months ago.

• Author
    festar35festar35
    festar35
    Participant

So it appears there are still multiple teams interested in Ben Simmons, those teams being Minnesota, Cleveland, Detroit, Indiana, Toronto + San Antonio.

Any thoughts on where he ends up? I’m not sure if I want him in Indiana due to his fit, but he would very likely be an upgrade in talent.

armchairgmarmchairgm
    armchairgm
    Participant

I think Minnesota to team up with high school teammate DLo

Scrooge McDuck
    Participant

They’re waiting for Beal or Lillard to become disgruntled and available at a bargain.

1+
    Hitster
    Participant

Brad Beal can become a FA next summer so could soon be in play if he indicates he might move on. Portland have Lillard tied down for 3 more seasons plusa huge players option so his asking price could be higher.

A lot would depend where Beal might indicate he’d like to go if he did ask for a trade.

OhCanada-
    Participant

Indiana would be a fun landing spot for him. They have tons of depth and a plethora of players who’s roles are diminished because of their depth. Brogdon, Turner and picks for Simmons makes both teams better in my opinion. This way Indiana gets more out of Lamb and Warren who are both on contract years, it allows rookies Duarte and Jackson to immediately step into roles and Carlisle is a master at defining roles for guys new to the league I’ve seen him do it countless times. For Philly Embiid finally gets a guard who can play off him and knock down easy shots and Turner can space the floor and allow Embiid to rest if they only want to play him 60 games a year.

Dazzling Dunks and Basketball Bloopers
    Participant

I’ve been saying it from the beginning but I still like the idea of a Simmons-McCollum swap. Maybe the deal could even be expanded to include Robert Covington for Philly to recoup some of the defensive versatility they would lose if Philly were willing to throw in some combination of curry, Milton, green or maxey to for Portland to recoup some of the shooting they would lose. I think this trade could honestly help both teams, although it doesn’t seem to have gained much traction. I don’t really think Philly can wait for a big fish to become available at this point.

1+
    goddag
    Participant

After watching Simmons struggle in last years playoffs with shooting, free throws and not confident enough to shoot I hope the Wolves don’t give up what the Sixers are asking for. Yes Simmons is a heck of a player on defense But he has a lot of problems on the offensive end. And lots of times when players in any sport lose that confidence they have a tough time after it gets in their head and can’t shake it.
    It’s going to be hard for the Sixers to get what they think he’s worth after what happened to him in last years playoffs, I think. He’s not that good on the defensive end to not get nothing on the offensive end. We all seen that happen in last years playoffs.
    So yes I hope the Timberwolves don’t give up 3 or 4 of their younger players to get a guy with damaged goods.

Hitster
    Participant

I read that Ben’s contract was that so much of his salary was paid up front. Also the late great Kobe had his salary effectively paid in advance in one go each summer. I wonder how thois effects trades would the receiving team have to compensate the sending team for this or would it just be luck of how contracts are structured.

If Philly who have withheld some of Ben’s salary did end up paying him the lump sum would this make him more attractive for a trade?

canadabasketballisrisingcanadabasketballisrising
    canadabasketballisrising
    Participant

Simmons only fits with 4 shooters around him- meaning you need a floor spacing big, with a young allstar you can trade for simmons. Denver and Mineasotta; Murray or russell and 1 first seems like the best fits, followed by Brooklyn for kyrie.

RUDEBOY-
    Participant

wojs & shams both r reporting this morning the 76’ers and ben simmons are getting close on a deal for him to return to philly..i guess benny boy dont wanna miss those paychecks 76’ers have witheld becuz of his absense..simmons asked to be traded becuz he didnt wanna face those fans in philly again…maybe he’s asking for a kyrie situation and not play home games…

r377r377
    r377
    Participant

The Ben Simmons saga took another dramatic twist today with the 76ers reportedly “livid” with the All-Star point guard, believing he is faking injury and mental illness to avoid playing.

Ben was kicked out of practice earlier this week and served a one-game suspension, departed training without participating on Friday, according to ESPN’s Adrian Wojnarowski.

He reports that Simmons complained of tightness in his back to several Sixers staff members and briefly received some treatment for it. However, he was still cleared to participate in his individual workout after the treatment, but left without doing so.

The Athletic’s Shams Charania then reported that the All-Star claimed not to be mentally ready to return to play for the team and his back tightness was due to the ramp-up process as he makes himself game-ready again. He will now definitely miss the game against the Brooklyn Nets on Saturday (AEDT) and is not expected to play for “an undetermined period of time”.

Philly Voice’s Kyle Neubeck said 76ers sources said they were prepared for Simmons to use mental illness as a reason to avoid playing on Saturday and that there had been no previous indication of any injury preventing his return to action.

“According to a source familiar with the situation, Simmons’ back tightness had not previously been mentioned as a problem or treated by team staffers over the last week and a half,” he wrote.

“Thursday (Friday AEDT) was the first time it was brought up as an issue that would potentially prevent him from practicing or playing. When Simmons went through his return-to-play protocol last week, Simmons returned a clean physical and had not undergone any sort of additional treatment under the care of the team.”

OhCanada-
    Participant

Philly has always been a shitshow organization.

BothTeamsPlayedHard-BothTeamsPlayedHard-
    BothTeamsPlayedHard-
    Participant

I thought it was the consensus opinion that once Philadelphia tanked for four years, abused the league’s revenue sharing setup, and sold hope like it was snake oil that the whole winning titles things would be easy. The whole developing players, having a team culture, and understanding that the search for players from all pathways thing was out-dated nonsense. I think there was a manifesto that stated as much. Hey, at least their owners pocketed huge profits from the tank years, and we all get to get a daily reminder Daryl Morey has been a bad GM for the past half decade who left Houston in ruins.

1+
    Hitster
    Participant

Never understood why Philly needed to bring Morey in when they have a good GM in Brand.

Morey couldn’t get Houston over the line and really if he is so good he should have stayed on to oversee rebuild.

r377r377
    r377
    Participant

its a tough trade, who wants a taller Rondo for 38-40mill per year. most teams are set at PG

r377r377
    r377
    Participant

without him the 76ers are off to an Eastern Conference best 8-2 record.

1+

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login