This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by festar35festar35 festar35 3 years, 2 months ago.

• Author
    zolazola
    zola
    Participant

Beal’s dark horse destination is Memphis

Grizzlies can offer the best package for Beal.
    Jaren Jackson + Dillon Brooks + De’Anthony Melton + 2021 pick
    Nuggets can offer Porter, Heat can offer Herro and Robinson, but this is the best deal for Wizards. One proven young star and two good two-way players, plus a pick.

Grizzlies are already play-off team, although they are still very young. They have superstar in Morant and a lot of hustlers and team players who have great team culture. Beal and Morant would be terrifying duo.

Since they have several guys on rookie contracts, Grizzlies have cap space in next two years, so they can afford one more trade.
    Gorgui Dieng + Justice Winslow + one/two second rounders for Al Horford

So after that, they line up would be:
    Morant – Jones
    Beal – Allen
    Anderson – Bane
    Clarke – Tillman
    Valanciunas – Horford

RUDEBOY-
    Participant

i dont think memphis has ever made a trade to acquire an all star level player…i would be shocked if they make this deal….

2+
    jmack
    Participant

The Beal trade maybe. I would rather have Porter Jr. than JJ, but that is just me. Brooks and Melton are good too, but Gary Harris is about the same player as those two combined. In my opinion, it would come down to who is willing to include more draft picks. If Denver threw in Bol Bol as well, I think that would push Denver over Memphis.

The second trade, HELL NO. Horford is washed up and on a horrendous contract. I would rather wait out Winslow and see if he can finally get healthy then trade for Horford.

zolazola
    zola
    Participant

I know this is very unlikely to happen, I just wanted to point out they can make really good offer for player like Beal and that with player like him they would be serious contender sooner than later.

Right now Grizzlies play very good, all guys contributes and they will probably be in playoff this season, but when Jaren Jackson and Justise Winslow returns, they will have logjam at some position, like SG (Brooks, Melton, Allen), SF (Anderson, Winslow, Bane) and PF (Jackson, Clarke, Tillman). That will slow down development of guys like Bane or Tillman, who shows they have nice future in the league. Tillman reminds me of Draymond Green. Trade like this would not just bring star power, but opens up space for those guys.

Nuggets could also offer good package for Beal, it’s nuances in quality. Advantage of this Grizzlies offer is that all three guys are plus defenders and that would be very helpfull for changing the culture in Washington. Putting Porter in already worst defence in the league, won’t be beneficial for neither sides. I also think he wouldn’t fit well with Avdija and Hachimura. Jackson and Brooks complement them much better.
    Grizzlies could also offer Jazz pick and Warriors 2024 pick which could potentially be very atractive.

From Beal’s perspective, it would be better to finish in Denver or Miami, but the Wizards make decision.

festar35festar35
    festar35
    Participant

Indiana – Turner, Warren + 2 x 1st Round Picks.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login