This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by bt102bt102 bt102 2 years, 11 months ago.

• Author
    SwatLakeCity
    Participant

Wouldn’t these matchups for the West playoffs be awesome?

1 vs 8: Jazz vs Blazers-Dame returns to the state where he played his college ball and DMitch goes up against his closest comparison in Dame Dolla!

2 vs 7: Suns vs Warriors-two future HOF go at it in CP3 and Steph

3 vs 6: Nuggets vs Mavs-two nightly triple double threats go at it in Jokic and Luka

And the battle for LA in 4 vs 5 matchup!!

This could seriously happen!! The Lakers only trail the Mavs by a 1/2 game, and the play-in games could allow for the Warriors to finish 7th and the Blazers 8th. Now that would be a gauntlet and extremely fun to watch!!!

2+
    OhCanada-
    Participant

If those were the brackets every road team could win and noone would be surprised.

1+
    sniper
    Participant

Until about a week ago I was confident the Lakers were coming out of the West. I thought all the time off for LBJ and AD would only make them fresher and more unbeatable in the playoffs.

But now it’s coming down to the wire and the Lakers still aren’t whole, they’re looking at probably having to win a play-in game, then take on Jazz or Suns in 1st round. That’s a tough way to work your way back into shape.

Nuggets might be my favorites now. That doesn’t make any sense, with Murray out, but they’re playing great. They have the best player in the world, a second guy playing at all-star level, and a bunch of clutch, gritty mfers. They are really impressive.

Blazers have disappointed this year but they have immense firepower. If they meet Jazz in 1st round, they have a tag-team of bigs who can occupy Gobert and perhaps wear him down. For a 1 vs. 8 matchup this would be shockingly close to a tossup.

1+
    SwatLakeCity
    Participant

I don’t know if all road teams would win Oh Canada. I would certainly be surprised if Mavs beat Nuggets. The Nuggets are playing really well right now without Murray.

I’d also be surprised if the Warriors beat the Suns. Suns have got a really good team and they should make it to round 2.

And the Jazz should make it to the conference finals, a place they haven’t been since I believe 2007 when they played the Spurs and lost in I believe 6 games. This year they should make it there and play either Suns, Lakers, Clippers or Nuggets. But I’m really just talking about first round matchups. We’ll get into rounds 2, 3 and the championship in June and July.

1+
    bt102bt102
    bt102
    Participant

I think out of the first 4, I think the only one I’d see a somwhat easy win is the Jazz. Not just because I’m a Jazz fan but because we’ve smacked the Blazers this season so far. We’ve had one close game against them and we still won. Beside the turmoil in Portland rn, but everything else I could absolutely see. I’m just seriously hoping the LA teams are on the opposite side of the bracket. but either way I’ve thought the Lakers have been overrated all season long, even without the injuries, I could very easily see them lose. They had an easier road last year and the Jazz have historically been a LeBron killer even if they make it that far.

1+

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login