This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by armchairgmarmchairgm armchairgm 2 years, 11 months ago.

• Author
    armchairgmarmchairgm
    armchairgm
    Participant

Another big college basketball job has opened up. Who do you think will get the job? I am going with with Josh Pastner or Eric Musselman.

1+
    armchairgmarmchairgm
    armchairgm
    Participant

Damon Stoudamire, Tommy Floyd (long time Gonzaga assistant) and Josh Pastner are supposed to be the early favorites.

1+
      NorrinRaddNorrinRadd
      NorrinRadd
      Participant

I’m routing for a successful Stoudamire run, however I think Floyd would be as good a choice as any.

Hitster
    Participant

Josh Pastner like Damon Stoudamire have links to the Wildcats. I’d say Pastner is the more established coach which a bigger college like Arizona would probably look for.

Sean Miller’s contract will be honoured so I’d guess he likely sits out next season unless he gets a great offer.

armchairgmarmchairgm
    armchairgm
    Participant

Sean Miller is trying to be an NBA assistant next year.

1+
    Hitster
    Participant

Miller having a year as an NBA assistant would make sense as it gets him on their radar and I’d guess a number of rebuilding teams would find a top college coach as an Assistant useful. Plus it would enable him to be availalabe if other college jobs did come up and it might be part of his settlement he is paid if he doesn’t take a rival college lead role.

armchairgmarmchairgm
    armchairgm
    Participant

Tommy Lloyd it is

1+

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login