This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar OhCanada- 1 year, 11 months ago.

• Author
    OhCanada-
    Participant

Andrew Nembhard is being slept on here. Pretty sure the NBA people know he can play at that level. He has played for Canada’s Mens team and held his own, the team Nick Nurse coached. He has size 6’5 and a good first step. He has advanced scoring moves and vision. If you just look past the stats which really aren’t bad but just not impressive he is the total package.

As much as I would love to see him go undrafted (Toronto would definitely pick him up) I just don’t see that happening. Whats everyones thoughts on Andrew Nembhard?

1+
    armchairgmarmchairgm
    armchairgm
    Participant

Reminds me of Greivis Vazquez a true pass first PG with size that can knock down outside shot.

1+
      OhCanada-
      Participant

Thats not a bad comparison. Actually Vazquez had a pretty good career before injuries.

1+
    NorrinRaddNorrinRadd
    NorrinRadd
    Participant

I think there’s a chance he doesn’t get drafted, but about as much chance that he does. I like his overall game. He’s a good teammate and is built on winning teams. Imo he’s just on the outside looking in on getting drafted because of his age and “ceiling”. That being said, he could be a steal if he does sign somewhere as an UFA in a good situation. Hope Toronto does get him.

1+
    canadabasketballisrisingcanadabasketballisrising
    canadabasketballisrising
    Participant

Because he’s Canadian = he’s been playing against and holding his own against NBA star players like kemba pre inuries since he was 18 as a role player on the national team because Canadian NBA talent hasn’t shown up. His game is much more suited for the NBA or FIBA. He’s not going to be a star, but if he can shoot at an average rate for 3= he should have a long career either as a 3rd pg, or a top pg in Europe, top league.

2+
      OhCanada-
      Participant

I think he can develop into a Jrue Holiday type player. I also think he can play in the NBA today.

1+
    OhCanada-
    Participant

Nembhard with 26 points and 11 assists in the combine scrimmage today.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login