This topic contains 25 replies, has 15 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar ilike.panochas 13 years, 10 months ago.

• Author
    IndianaBasketball
    Participant

Reports are that Iverson is working out and wants to play for a team next season. His daughter is getting healthy and his family situation is reportedly a lot better.

Would you sign him if you were a GM?

The Scare Crow Returns
    Participant

Then Maybe….I’d trade Lou Williams and let A.I back up Holiday in Philly…he should retire a Sixer….I don’t want to see him in Boston or LA…My Money says he plays his ass off in LA and replaces Fisher…

JNixon
    Participant

Some team may take a chance on him, but he’s not a very good player nowadays. He may ask for too much money or try to dominate the ball too much for a teams liking. I wouldn’t sign him and the vast majority of the NBA wouldn’t either. He would be retired if it wasn’t for the 76ers scooping him up, and he’s not with them anymore so…..

bobbyb
    Participant

family situation- he went to rehab for alcohol abuse. He bounced on his team because he wasnt a starter, he even said. “I aint no sixth man”. The only way you take a chance is maybe at min wage where his sal. wont effect the cap. So it doesnt matter if he shows up or not.

JNixon
    Participant

The Lakers wouldn’t take Iverson. Let alone play him in a role that has him overtaking Derek Fisher.

And I don’t think Philly would trade Lou Williams to let Iverson, who has 1 year left at best, play. Williams is coming off his best season as a pro too at 23 or 24 years old, so that doesn’t really make since.

BasketballGuru24
    Participant

I see Him signing with the lakers and embracing a role , and suck up his ego like artest did.

The Scare Crow Returns
    Participant

He’ll replace Fisher…He can take the charges and open 3’s that LA will provide…It will make a nice story next Finals Too…LOL….seriously A.I needs that ring…He’s a Legend and deserves the same shot to steal a ring like Payton and Malone try to..

Mr. 19134
    Participant

Why do people see him signing with the Lakers? Bcuz they just won the Chip? Him and Kobe could never coexist there are still hard feelings from the Championship in 01. I do see him playing in the league again and he still has alot left in the tank. Look at the game film. If his family drama is settled then he’s good to go. He just has to embrace a 6th man role for a contending team. He can come off the bench and easily average 12-15 next year. He wont play if he cant average atleast ten and believe me he can still catch fire we saw it last year in Philly while he was probably drunk. If he gets himself into shape and takes his next role serious he could serve a major impact on a team like the Cavs if they resign Lebron, or the Celtics bcuz Ainge has always loved A.I. Other teams he would be a good fit on are the Clippers, Raptors, Magic, Pacers, Kings, and Hawks. All of them teams depending on what they do in the draft and free agency could use his ball handling and leadership.

IndianaBasketball
    Participant

Allen Iverson is washed up. I honestly think he should retire and start making sure that his life after basketball is on the right path.

MagikKnick
    Participant

Iverson is not gonna embrace a lesser role that includes less than 30 mpg, coming off the bench, and/or not having the ball in his hands 80% of the time…

Im sure he can go out and drop 20 right now, but hes not good for team chemistry, he doesnt make his teammates better, I dont see a team signing him…atleast not for the “right reasons”

At this point in his career hes just a ticket salesman for a bad team…

IndianaBasketball
    Participant

I’m not even sure he can sell tickets like he used to. He’s old and has lost that quickness, speed and athleticism that made him so exciting to watch.

Iverson is washed up. He needs to focus on getting right mentally, being there with his daughter and patchings things up with his wife, who he took through a ton of drama.

The Scare Crow Returns
    Participant

He and Reke may clash but with no real other offensive threats that might work for a year…It might be Memphis all over again…But @ Butler…why ask the question and then tear him down…

IndianaBasketball
    Participant

I asked the question to get everyone else’s opinion.

My opinion is that he’s washed up and not worth the risk.

The Scare Crow Returns
    Participant

and players in the League today…He’s better than All 3 Laker Point Guards…just ask them…He is a risk because of the role he has to accept…But watching Artest go from jumping into stands to winning a ring…I’d say he can take a lesser role as a 6th man…That’s what 6th men do anyway…Score score score….

Platypus
    Participant

Orlando could use him as an instant offense off the bench

dolla130
    Participant

i think A.I can still play not at the level we are used to seeing him at but effective and if he were to end up on the lakers i do think mid way through the season if he playing really really good he can replace fisher i will take a so called washed up iverson over fisher any day

The Scare Crow Returns
    Participant

AI for President

BasketballGuru24
    Participant

Iverson probably knows his career is dying now. He is not going 2 a team that won’t contend. He will go 2 a Championship bound team. I DO think that iverson will have know, how to be a 6th man because derek fisher will start next year and will unless injury.

dolla130
    Participant

i never said fisher would not be a starter but towards the middle to the end of the season like i said A.I could be the starter at some point because a DYING Iverson still has more talent then a living Fisher

BothTeamsPlayedHard
    Participant

Check see which trades are made by Miami on draft night. If they keep freeing up money to get the three max players (Wade, JJ, and a big man), a guy like Iverson might be an attractive vet minimum signing to start at the point. Wade wanted to bring him in last year.

esperanzafleet69
    Participant

eh….. i dont wanna get into the iverson debate again…. he was an outstanding player.. and last season showed us he is at most is a sixth man off the bench… i still believe he has some fire left in him however…. and he seemed to have a really rough last 2 years family wise… i wish him the best, and hope he comes back to his former self..

bobbyb
    Participant

Artest and AI have different psych. problems. AI has an ego problem while Artest has an anger management problem. The Lakers actually embraced Artest’s wild side because the Lakers were getting known as “Soft” and they wanted to add some ” toughness”. AI would be a disaster there.

sheltwon3
    Participant

AI can still play but he will have to take a bench role if he wants to play for a good team. Also many young teams want to play their young players so they can grow so unless AI goes overseas, he will not be starting anytime soon or ever but he can still play though.

IknoBall12
    Participant

the key to A.I ever playing again is taking a secondary role and he knows that jus like everybody else. he cant go around thinking he will start for every team becuz he simply wont. also i dont agree with the comment that he wont sign with the lakers becuz of ill feelings towards kobe bryant and the 01 finals. I mean u didnt think kobe and artest were best friends before this season did u? artest and kobe were jus butting heads last year in the playoffs and almost got into fights on many occasions. now they are champions together

pistonsman
    Participant

he will get signed if he goes to the lakers he would have to give everything he has to repalce fisher. when he plays he only plays for like half a season then he says hes done he wants a championship so he will come back

ilike.panochas
    Participant

He could be making a comeback just for the money. I heard couple of months ago that he has a gambling problem and is in huge debt.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login