This topic contains 15 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar auber 14 years, 9 months ago.

• Author
    kong47272
    Participant

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/ball_dont_lie/post/Andre-Miller-as-a-Trail-Blazer;_ylt=AmnlZIvrmQW1ysFKm.3Eomk5nYcB?urn=nba,178657

3 years 22 million with the 3rd year being a team option… I would have thought he would have ended up with a better deal.

*edit* By better deal I mean since it was well known he wanted a long term contract he ended up settling for a deal that he almost certainly won’t have the final year picked up on. 7 million a year for him is really nice given the low spending climate we are in this summer

MagikKnick
    Participant

Hurts Philly more than it helps Portland

da guru

philly will b ok louis is ready , but they should bring iverson bak

Knicksboy34
    Participant

Philly wont make the Playoffs. No PG. Lou is more of a 2.

Miller provided Leadership at the 1 and they will struggle without him.

BasketballGuru24
    Participant

A bunch of guys with no ball handling skills is what i see from the 76ers

JNixon
    Participant

Dont rule out Elton Brand returning to form next year and us getting a backup pg

auber
    Participant

I called this move a few months back and people called me crazy. It’s a great move for Portland and an even better one for Philly. Andre Miller can be a veteran leader that this team so desperately needs. Plus on Philly’s end Louis Williams finally get’s to showcase his talents full time as the New Starting Point Guard for Philadelphia. Word has it Jamall Tinsley is the veteran Philly’s targeting to bridge the gap between Williams and Holiday who is nowhere near being a threat at all to Williams playing time.

da guru

ig avg 5.3 assists per game and 6.7 in the playoffs miller is expendable folks sorry

da guru

now we can watch andre get tortured in the west against paul, b.davis,parker,d.will,nash,westbrook,ellis,

PaulsJayhawks
    Participant

He’s a small upgrade over Blake, both are not great shooters, Miller gets to the hole a bit more but isn’t a great defender. I would have liked to see Portland go out and get Hinrich as was talked about. He would have been a great fit, good shooter better defensivly vs the guards of the west.

L.Shap
    Participant

Miller carried Philly to the playoffs for two years straight, don’t even say a slight upgrade, my dude can pass, score and rebound. He is so UNDERATED!!!!
    As for Philly they aren’t really hurt because Eddie Jordan doesn’t need a true point guard

thetruth
    Participant

philly is fucking dumb. they should of had a backup plan knowing they werent going to bring back miller. they could of did a andre miller s&t for bayless, blake, or acquire a decent pg. now they are trying to makeup for the loss .going after players like tinsley who hasnt play in a year, arroyo, cj watson the bottom feeders. and auber lou willams is a 2. he can not play the one. i seen games where he would try to always shoot first and not even look around to see if anyone is open. and jrue holiday while no comment on him. i want to see him do well. but i dont know wtf is up with him. the 76ers can still be a playoff team if A.Get A Decent PG. B.Lou proves us all wrong. C.Both.

da guru

b

Appleby_15
    Participant

What do you mean steve blake isn’t a good shooter? He shot 43% from three-point range last season. I’d say that qualifies.

Andre Miller is a low-risk signing. He gives the blazers veteran leadership, steady play at basketball’s most important position, and a third scoring option behind Roy and Aldridge who can create for himself and teammates. This is a much better signing than Hedo Turkoglu for 5 years $50 million.

My only question is where does Bayless fit into the puzzle. He is a great talent and I think that he just needs playing time to develop. Think about a backcourt of a more polished version of Bayless and Roy in his prime. That would be scary.

Michael.S.
    Participant

i think they should trade Bayless for a young ,true PG

auber
    Participant

Truth,

You must not be watching the same Louis Williams as I am. His numbers are going to be candidate for most improved player in the league this season. With no threat around him a stat line of 18-6-4-2 isn’t all that far fetched to imagine. Jrue Holiday is more of a 2 than Louis Williams will ever be. For anyone who doesn’t have Williams on there radar next year think again. He’s going to have a “Ramon Sessions,” like numbers this season. This guy can flat out ball whether he’s playing on or off the ball.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login