This topic contains 12 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar Hitster 3 months ago.

• Author
    NorrinRaddNorrinRadd
    NorrinRadd
    Participant

It’s been a bit quiet this trade season. A few small trades happen so far today….

Xavier Tillman to Celtics – Lamra Stevens and two 2nds to Memphis

Simone Fontecchio to Pistons – Kevin Knox and a 2nd to the Jazz

Monte Morris to T’Wolves – Shake Milton, Troy Brown, Jr. and right to swap 2nds to Pistons

Overall not much happening so far, but if Monte Morris gets healthy soon, he could provide some help to Minnesota imo. Tillman could be something, but then Boston is Boston, so we’ll see how the minutes get divided… if they even keep him. I guess Tillman and Pritchard are on the block…

1+
    BothTeamsPlayedHard-BothTeamsPlayedHard-
    BothTeamsPlayedHard-
    Participant

Tillman is Boston makes sense as insurance for the health of KP and Horford. They can get away with a few regular season games of Luke Kornet playng 25-30 minutes, but nobody wants that in the playoffs.

Fontecchio left an impression on me at the World Cup, and has stepped into a rotation spot this year. I didn’t think it would be prohibitive for Utah to re-sign him next summer, but they might just want to give Agbaji and Hendricks more of a look. Detroit is going to be one of those teams who have to get up to 90% of the cap before the start of the season, so I don’t imagine coming to fair terms will be that difficult.

If healthy, Morris can be a nice pickup for Minnesota’s playoff run. He was a nice piece for Denver a few years ago, and has had some big playoff games.

1+
    NorrinRaddNorrinRadd
    NorrinRadd
    Participant

Marcus Morris, Furkan Korkmaz and 3 2nds to Indiana – Buddy Hield to Philly

NorrinRaddNorrinRadd
    NorrinRadd
    Participant

fairly big trade with UTAH/TORONTO… Kelly Olynyk and Ochai Agbaji to Toronto – Kira Lewis, Otto Porter, Jr. and this year’s first to Utah. Win for Toronto here imo.

NorrinRaddNorrinRadd
    NorrinRadd
    Participant

Gordon Hayward just got sent to the Thunder from the Hornets for Tre Mann and Davis Bertans. Charlotte is going to have a G battle in the backcourt.

NorrinRaddNorrinRadd
      NorrinRadd
      Participant

Vasilije Micic and draft compensation goes to the Hornets to complete this deal.

NorrinRaddNorrinRadd
    NorrinRadd
    Participant

Some other trades:
    Danuel House goes from 76ers to Pistons for a 2024 2nd.

Alec Burks to Knicks for Quentin Grimes and 2 2nds to Pistons. Great trade both ways here. I like Grimes and Sasser reunited.

Daniel Gafford to Mavericks for Richaun Holmes and a draft compensation. Gafford is a solid piece for the Mavs.

As I’m typing this, Bojan just got traded to the Knicks too… for Flynn and Fourier and picks…

NorrinRaddNorrinRadd
    NorrinRadd
    Participant

Dennis Schroder and Thaddeus Young traded to the Nets for Dinwiddie and Dennis Smith Jr.

NorrinRaddNorrinRadd
    NorrinRadd
    Participant

PJ Washington to the Mavericks for Grant Williams, Seth Curry and a 1st.

NorrinRaddNorrinRadd
    NorrinRadd
    Participant

David Roddy Now with the Suns for a pick swap with the Grizzlies… ok for both sides.

Royce O’Neale to Suns from Nets for 3 2nds. Ok, but redundant for Suns imo with Roddy pick up.

Patrick Beverley to Bucks, Cameron Payne and a 2027 2nd to 76ers. Beverley’s over the hill.

Ismael Kamagate’s draft rights to Clippers (If they ever get him… maybe) Denver gets cash.

Dalano Banton to the Blazers for a protected 2nd.

Warriors trade Cory Joseph to Pacers for a 2nd.

Bucks trade Robin Lopez to Kings for cash

76ers trade Jaden Springer to Celtics for a 2nd.

McDermott to Pacers for Marcus Morris and 2 2nds to the Spurs.

Hitster
    Participant

I was a bit surprised Utah moved Simone Fontecchio as he had been a starter recently.

Washington likely targeting a big in the draft if they have moved Gafford IMO.

Utah and Toronto trade is interesting as Toronto are rebuilding so you’d think they would want future picks but we knowDanny Ainge loves his first round assets.

Bojan gives the Knicks extra scoring depth and I think they have kept their first rounders so they have done a nice deadline day move.

Some good players moved but no current top tier players moved.

A fair few teams doing a bit of cap house keeping too.

1+
      NorrinRaddNorrinRadd
      NorrinRadd
      Participant

Hmm, yeah I like what some teams did. The biggest news at the deadline however is that Dejounte stays put!!! I was hoping he would go to NO/ORL/LAK in that order… oh well.
      I like what the Mavericks did adding Gafford and PJ Washington. They’re trying to win. Gordon Hayward to OKC is some interesting veteran leadership added.
      Idk, if Ismael Kamagate ends up playing for the Clippers, I think he will do alright there…
      Toronto did pretty solid.
      Fontecchio has been on my radar, but just not sure about him… haven’t seen him enough to know.
      Knicks were pretty big winners.

Hitster
    Participant

This season we could make a case for more teams as likely contenders than usual as no teams really look a huge cut above the others. So these moves could well impact that.

I noticed Fontecchio had been starting a fair bit and they also traded Ajbaji so I’d guess the Jazz might move Lauri Markkanen to SF and bring Kessler back into the starting line up. Teams like Utah are not sure whether to try and ensure a play in birth or just let the team evolve and use all their future draft assets.

The Knicks have been on a roll since the OG and RJ centric trade with the Raptors so getting two more proven veterans from the Pistons gives them a very nice core for the play offs.

Buddy Hield could be a very nice pick up for the 76ers with his 3 point shooting if Embeast can get back as he’ll help spread the floor and be a nice extra scoring option.

1+

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login