This topic contains 12 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by NorrinRaddNorrinRadd NorrinRadd 1 year, 11 months ago.

• Author
    BothTeamsPlayedHard-BothTeamsPlayedHard-
    BothTeamsPlayedHard-
    Participant

The Combine runs from May 16-22nd. The NBA G League Elite Camp will be the 16th and 17th, so the names will be coming out over the next week.

So far
    NBA Draft Combine
    Ron Harper Jr.- Rutgers
    Julian Champagnie- St. John’s
    Aminu Mohammed- Georgetown
    Dereon Seabron- NC State
    Alondes Williams- Wake Forest

G-League Elite Camp
    Jared Rhoden-Seton Hall, All-Big East first team, PIT All-Tournament team, and measured with a 6’10.5″ wingspan
    Luke Travers- Perth
    Jamaree Bouyea
    Max Abmas- Oral Roberts
    Jordan Hall- St. Joseph’s

Feel free to add names as you come across them.

2+
    OhCanada-
    Participant

Pretty sure the G League Elite Camp was the 13th to 15th but you probably just made a mistake typing. KInda sucks we can’t edit I do that shit all the time.

Kinda surprised Luke Travers didn’t get a combine invite with how well he played winning rookie of the year in the NBL despite technically not being a rookie. I think he’s a guy that could earn a combine invite this year. Last year it was Mac Mcclung.

BothTeamsPlayedHard-
    Participant

https://gleague.nba.com/news/nba-g-league-announces-field-of-44-draft-prospects-for-2022-nba-g-league-elite-camp-in-chicago/

NBA Draft-Eligible Players (College/Club)
    Abmas, Max (Oral Roberts)
    Lee, Hyunjung (Davidson)
    Akinjo, James (Baylor)
    Lofton Jr., Kenneth (Louisiana Tech)
    Aluma, Keve (Virginia Tech)
    Manek, Brady (North Carolina)
    Bernard, Jules (UCLA)
    Martin, Tyrese (Connecticut)
    Boeheim, Buddy (Syracuse)
    McCormack, David (Kansas)
    Bouyea, Jamaree (San Francisco)
    McCullar, Kevin (Texas Tech)
    Brooks, Eli (Michigan)
    McGusty, Kameron (Miami FL)
    Brooks Jr., Keion (Kentucky)
    Nance, Pete (Northwestern)
    Brown, Tevin (Murray State)
    Notae, J.D. (Arkansas)
    Brown, Gabe (Michigan State)
    O’Neal, Shareef (LSU)
    Burton, Tyler (Richmond)
    Randolph, M.J. (Florida A&M)
    Days, Darius (LSU)
    Rhoden, Jared (Seton Hall)
    Devoe, Michael (Georgia Tech)
    Samuels, Jermaine (Villanova)
    Flanigan, Allen (Auburn)
    Sasser, Marcus (Houston)
    Foster, Kyle (Howard)
    Scheierman, Baylor (South Dakota State)
    Freeman-Liberty, Javon (DePaul)
    Travers, Luke (Perth Wildcats)
    Grady, Kellan (Kentucky)
    Turell, Ryan (Yeshiva University)
    Green, A.J. (Northern Iowa)
    White Jr., Fabian (Houston)
    Gresham, Brison (Texas Southern)
    Williams, Bryson (Texas Tech)
    Gueye, Mouhamed (Washington State)
    Williams Jr., Vince (VCU)
    Hall, Jordan (St. Joseph’s PA)
    Wilson, Jalen (Kansas)
    Jackson, Quenton (Texas A&M)
    Yat, Kok (Overtime Elite)

Interesting list. I am a little surprised to see Shareef O’Neal’s name. He has been really unlucky with health, but he has 400 minutes over three years. I tend to believe he will transfer somewhere, but maybe he prefers the G-League route. Brison Gresham is another surprising name. I remember watching the first four game with Texas A&M CC, and there was not a player who stood out physically or by his play that would be an NBA prospect. Marcus Sasser being cleared to play after the broken bone in his foot is a good thing. I think it will be hard for the 6’2″ guard to gain a ton of steam should he stay in the draft, but he has been very good the past couple years. Turell shot the ball pretty well in Portsmouth, but didn’t measure out quite as big or long as expected. 6’6″ with 6’5.5″ wingspan is tough even for a shooter who can handle and create. Still, the more chances he gets against draft prospects the better chance he has of showing he belongs. I think Peter Nance and Fabian White are guys who could and probably should be held in higher regard. Pete Nance comes from an offense that played a lot of 5-out and improved to be a 45% three point shooter on 93 attempts. If he measures out at around 6’10” and a 7′ plus wingspan and is tested out as a pretty good athlete, I think he is more draftable than most. He isn’t going to be a star, but he fits a role that is still pretty rare among big men. White is 6’8″ with a 7’0″ wingspan and 8’11” reach who took some time learning to shoot, but turned into a stretch 4 who also is a versatile defender. I am curious to see where Javon Freeman-Liberty measures out. He is one of those all arms and legs guys who can be intriguing. For a guy who had to create right around half of the three pointers he attempted, 37% is not bad. How will he do in the spot up shooting drills. For a guy who grew as a shooter over the course of his college career, maybe he is better spotting up than his tape would show. Kok Yat is hard to assess like everyone in the Overtime Elite, because it essentially was a prep school game minus the academic component. At least in the G-League, you feel the guys are getting coached, and challenged by better and older opponents. OTE did not look like that, and it makes for a challenge. All you have to go on is the same level of play that made most of those guys highly rated high school prospects, but they haven’t played at a higher level. It didn’t look like there were good game plans designed to take away their strengths. Kenneth Lofton’s body fat test might put him in the Dexter Pittman +20% category, but the guy can play.

2+
    BothTeamsPlayedHard-
    Participant

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FScGhyFXwAErzx5?format=jpg&name=large

Longer list than most, though 7 guys currently playing overseas are in. Add in the G-League Elite guys, a pair of OTE guys, a couple guys who just didn’t play beyond high school, and a guy who collected a few DNP-CDs to go with a 32% from the field season it certainly is a list that spans the spectrum.

1+
    OhCanada-
    Participant

Is it just me or does it seem like the draft nowadays is just full of talent. I mean elite talent is still rare as ever, so the top of the draft is more or less the same but instead of drafts being 30-45 players deep it seems like most drafts are 60-75 players deep nowadays. You’ve got players from Europe, NBL, Overtime Elite, G League, College and even highschool like Leonard Miller. You have super seniors. Just so much talent nowadays.

1+
    OhCanada-
    Participant

I’ve been hearing quite a bit about Dominick Barlow. Looks like he maybe a late riser.

2+
    JazzP
    Participant

I’m pretty surprised to see Izaiah Brockington not make it to either camp. Also a bit surprised that Efe Abogidi wasn’t invited at least to the G League Elite Camp.

I would have liked to see Ryan Davis from Vermont make it out to the G League Camp too, but the list of invites was really solid so I can’t complain too much.

Does anybody know what happened to Ryan Turell? I saw that he had officially received an invite to the G League Camp, but then he wasn’t officially listed on any of the rosters and didn’t play in the scrimmages, and I wasn’t able to come across any updates. I feel like he’s someone who stands to gain the most from competing well at these type of events, and he already did pretty well at Portsmouth.

1+
    OhCanada-
    Participant

Game 1 Kenny Lofton really just showed again he’s a different class of player. He’s definitely a fatty so you know nowadays NBA teams are just gonna attack him as soon as he’s on the floor. Todays NBA is just brutally seeks out those mismatches all the time. But I just don’t see how this guy plays basketball in any other league other than some G League run it just doesn’t add up to me. Kinda like Garza last year I think whats he gonna do be MVP in the NBL for 5 years? He’s just too good and when he’s on the court he makes advanced reads other players just can’t make, Akinjo was also good in that game.

Game 2 Marcus Sasser really showed some polish. The playmaking was very good and with his lack of size he had to show the ability to create. He averaged above 40% from three at high volume and over 2 steals per game in college so he could be a sneaky good 2nd rounder. Jalen Wilson had a very good game as well. He should stay until Bill Self hands him the keys. He’ll for sure make more money playing for Kansas than he would as a 2nd rounder and Self has proven to developer the guys who stay back and turn them into NBA players. Agbaji could’ve been a 2nd rounder for years but stayed back and now he’s a solid top 20 guy.

1+
    BothTeamsPlayedHard-
    Participant

The Combine measurements and testing have been posted.

https://www.nba.com/stats/draft/combine-strength-agility/

https://www.nba.com/stats/draft/combine-anthro/

Umm… Patrick Baldwin has a max vertical of 26.5 inches and tested in the movement drills comparably to Kofi Cockburn and Drew Timme despite Cockburn weighing 60 lbs more. He and Peyton Watson really are competing to prove high school rankings don’t matter. Both had bad years. Baldwin tests horribly, and Peyton Watson chooses not to play in the scrimmages while coming off a season where he got DNP-CDs. To each their own. By the way, Kofi weighing in 293 lbs at 8% body fat is something. I don’t think it alters his NBA Draft stock, but he might get taken in the NFL Draft next spring. Timme showing up 15% body fat is not ideal. Somehow that is also how Kenneth Lofton measured at the G-League Elite Camp. Who would have guessed?

John Butler weight 174l bs at almost 7’1″! OMG! He is 2 lbs heavier than Kennedy Chandler despite being a foot taller. No wonder Chet didn’t step on the scale.

2+
    Hitster
    Participant

Kofi’s measurements were impressive and having 6.5% less body fat than Walker Kessler who he outweighs by over 35lbs is impressive. Mark Williams’ body and measurements look very impressive too and Jovic measured out well too.

John Butler being a light heavyweight is crazy but his length and skillset will intrigue some team.

1+
    OhCanada-
    Participant

Theres alot to take in here. This class has some crazy measurements.

Other than the very top prospects I really think the prospects that didn’t participate may have hurt their stocks. I mean if they refuse to be measured and then go in for a team workout what are they gonna do refuse to be measured again? But if your Keegan Murray and you have a reported 6’8 height with 6’11 wingspan while thats not “bad” it’s gonna be tough to pick him over Tari Eason /

Jalen Williams 6’6, 7’3, 8’10 (wtf) Thats gotta be a typo.
    Dominick Barlow 6’10, 7’3, 9’0
    Leonard Miller 6’10, 7’2, 8’11
    Tari Eason 6’8, 7’2, 9’0

This is probably the craziest class measurement wise I’ve ever seen. I didn’t think Justin Lewis would measure that well. Beauchamp 7’0+ wingspan. And then theres the Centers. This draft has some game changing role players size wise. Kessler, Williams, Koloko, Robinson and Duren are going to work.

And I almost forgot to mention Wendell Moore. He’s gonna be a good player. Can do so much for your team. I would draft him and use him as a PG with all that size and length for the guard position. I would be very happy if Toronto picked him.

1+
    BothTeamsPlayedHard-
    Participant

Jalen Williams is definitely a beneficiary of the Combine with his measurements, testing, and play all standing out. Guys from smaller programs always have to leave no doubt. He undoubtedly has the length, jumped 39 inches, and ran well. Having such a big wingspan could allow him to have even greater positional versatility. He will probably have to get stronger to guard NBA 3s, but needing to get stronger is the story of three-quarters of the guys in the draft. He had a great year in a do-it-all role at Santa Clara. Even if one asks themselves, “if he is so good, why did he go to Santa Clara” the fact that he grew 8 inches from his sophomore to senior year is a reoccurring theme among underrated and recently under-drafted players. It is always nice when a guy takes advantage of an opportunity, and it is hard to argue that he and Bryson Williams have probably aced it.

Marjon Beauchamp has measureables, but don’t forget that so did Isaac Bonga. Like Bonga, Beauchamp didn’t even do all that well in the G-League.

Moore will have value defensively, and might be a decent option for a team with ball dominant wing. I don’t think he projects as a “leader of the offensive point.” On the plus side for him, a number of teams in the back half of the first are in that spot. Milwaukee could be a spot. Miami might want to add depth to their frontcourt, but could be an option.

Also, I can’t lie. I like that Jabari Walker is playing well, and hope he gets a Green Room invite so that his father Samaki get to put on his old draft suit like Hakeem did when David Stern called his last draft.

1+
      NorrinRaddNorrinRadd
      NorrinRadd
      Participant

Jalen Williams SHOULD be the younger Duarte of the draft and not Agbaji in the sense of an upper classman being picked within the top 20 range. There are so many prospects that a few guys are getting snubbed for sure.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login