This topic contains 21 replies, has 15 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar ItsVictorOladipo 13 years, 9 months ago.

• Author
    OhCanada-
    Participant

With 2 annual MVP candidates and another player who has MVP potential Wade Bosh and Lebron most likely will not recieve the MVP. Like another poster said in another thread the League and Endorsements most likely wont want to step on toes and when Boston dominated the regular season KG Ray Ray and the Truth were very MVPless.

Now as we all know the MVP is usaully on the team with the most wins. If the Heat have the most wins and are nobody wants to step on toes who will be the MVP?

joecheck88
    Participant

it could be something like this.

1) kevin durant
    2) derrick rose
    3) lebron james
    4) kobe bryant
    5) dwight howard
    6) dwayne wade
    7) joe johnson
    8) amare stoudemire
    9) brandon roy
    10) chris bosh

if the heat have the best record all 3 will probably be in the top 10 and if OKC gets 50 plus wins again durant could win, chicago with 50 plus wins should get rose up there. kobe is usually top 5(should have won more than once) and then you have your usual fillers like roy and johnson.

joecheck88
    Participant

i dont like him but you might be able to throw in rondo at around 8 to 10 simply because he is young and will be the only guy getting 36plus minutes on that team and think he will probably be a 15pt 11assist guy with 3 steals this year.

Mr.Knick 32
    Participant

I’m still picking LeBron. He will lead the team in Assists, 2nd in points and 2-3rd in rebounds.

I project him to average- 19ppg, 8rpg and 9apg next season. Call me crazy

OhCanada-
    Participant

Its wierd trying to project Miami’s stats because the most recent big 3 (BOSTON) the big 3 were in their declining stages. This big 3 is in their prime.

All I know is if they dont get some shooters maybie Eddie House, Mike Miller, Matt Bonner..they are not going to beat Boston or LA I can gaurentee that.

OhCanada-
    Participant

Also MIA might just get killed upfront with Bosh Anthony and Haslem.

OhCanada-
    Participant

Also MIA might just get killed upfront with Bosh Anthony and Haslem.

billyk
    Participant

The Heat would SMACK Boston…

IndianaBasketball
    Participant

I think Kevin Durant will win MVP.

Not only that… He’ll be the player that Kobe passes the torch to, NOT LeBron James.

The NBA would be smart to start making Durant the face of the league. He isn’t better than LeBron, but he stands for everything the game represents and his team is doing it the right way.

Bryant24
    Participant

Kevin durant I see this guy winning a second scoring title and increasing his rebounds to about 9 a game with about 3 to 4 assists a game this guy is an unbelievable scorer he may not have the athletic ablility or passing of lebron but in my opinion he’s a better scorer and he has that killer instinct that Mj,and kb24 had.

madcab
    Participant

You don’t think Melo will be in the top 10? I mean I appreciate the Joe Johnson vote, but I think Al Horford will actually step up and start to take on some of the scoring this season. So JJ is going to have very similar numbers to last year.

And You have to have Derron Williams in the top 10. Especially if they get a top 3-4 seed in the West. His numbers should go up this year. they have a lot of players in contract years, that will over perform.

Bvilleballer21
    Participant

I see lebron winning his third. Perfect ending the league wants If lebron’s move is successful and they have a great season.

I could easily see a 22ppg 9 rebound 10-12 assist season

d-grizzly
    Participant

I think it will be a battle between Kevin Durant and Kobe Bryant for the 2010-2011 mvp.

Michael.S.
    Participant

Kobe don’t have to pass the torch to LeBron, its already his…he took that 3 yrs ago.

IknoBall12
    Participant

Kevin Durant will take over next season as the best player and his mvp trophy will prove it. i think the race goes like this:
    1. Kevin Durant
    2. Dwight howard
    3. Deron Williams( hes gotta do so much more now that boozer has left)
    4. Chris Paul(should challenge deron 4 best point guard in the game)
    5. Kobe Bryant( jus because hes kobe)
    6,7,8. The miami Trio
    9. Carmelo Anthony
    10. Amare Stoudemire

IndianaBasketball
    Participant

@Jammin-Lemon

How can you take the torch with ZERO championships? How can you take the torch when you just went and joined your competition on the wing?

That torch belongs to Kobe Bryant and it’s more clear now than EVER before.

billyk
    Participant

Mmmmm I wonder how Lebron would do if he played for the Lakers instead of Kobe…

OhCanada-
    Participant

Wow Im not gonna do this NONOONONONO Im not about to hope the Lakers wins it all just so Kobe can slap the Wade, Lebron, Bosh trio (notice how I said Wade first…). NO. YOU STILL HATE THE LAKERS OHCANADA! YOU STILL HATE THE LAKERS!

R-Dot-13
    Participant

I’ll say Durant wins it.

A dark horse is somebody like Deron Williams, or Chris Paul

mgreener_34
    Participant

It can’t be one of the big three from the Heat because if you remember KG was the front runner to win it back in 07, but when he went down hurt and the Celtics still won people said a team was still a contender, and he didn’t deserve it…stupid, yeah I know. I agree with everyone else, it will be Durant. That team is going to be amazing this year, and it’s going to go only as far as he brings them.

dolla130
    Participant

yo have to throw rose is in the top 10 they are building the bulls around him and i see him avg 23 and 8/9 this season and the bulls having the 2nd or third best record in the east

ItsVictorOladipo
    Participant

When the Lakers had their last three-peat their top 3 scorers (Kobe, Shaq and either Fisher or Glen Rice) averaged 68.1 PPG in 2000, 68.6 PPG in 2001 and 63.6 PPG in 2002.

I could certainly see Miami’s big three combine for something in the 68 PPG range.

Personally I think Bosh will average between 19-21 PPG with about 11 RPG. LBJ about 21-23 PPG with close to 10 APG and 8 RPG (Magic like numbers). I think Wade will lead that team in scoring, he’s been the face of that franchise for so long and LBJ has shown the propensity to try to get his teammates involved alot more something that Wade will thrive with. If LBJ can make Mo Williams look like an all-star I really wonder what he will make Wade look like.

I think Wade will average between 24-26 PPG with about 7.5 APG and 2 SPG. His intensity will be unrivaled and he will establish himself as the leader of the Heat. Likewise I think the media will remember him as being the man for the Heat and will consider CB4 and LBJ as the bandwagon jumpers. I think the Heat will wind up with the best record in the regular season and Wade will win his first MVP.

Now I know what you’re saying about the league and endorsements not wanting to step on any toes but the fact remains that Bosh is not quite MVP caliber (perennial all-star yes, MVP no) and LBJ has already won 2 MVP trophies while Wade doesn’t have any in his illustrious career. So I think the media will be looking to reward him especially since (compared to CB4 and Lebron) he came out looking the cleanest during the FA bonanza.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login