This topic contains 7 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar OhCanada- 4 years, 3 months ago.

• Author
    OhCanada-
    Participant

Gonna be tonight against the Spurs. Recently the Spurs have been going guard heavy with 7 of their 10 rotation pieces being gaurds and getting heavy minutes. Could see Williamson go off minutes restriction aside. His conditioning may not be the best as well but he will be matched up against Aldridge, Poeltl and Lyles for the most part. Should be interesting.

After beating the 8th place Grizzlies the Pelicans are only 3.5 games outside of the playoff picture. Spurs are 2.5 games ahead so a win tonight could turn them into buyers during the deadline.

1+
    bt102bt102
    bt102
    Participant

First game of a future Superstar

1+
    sniper
    Participant

As a Spurs fan I like when they go with DeMar as the “4” alongside Aldridge. No idea what to expect from Zion tonight, but if he starts going off, I think forcing him to guard one of the big 2 would be a good move.

Dazzling Dunks and Basketball Bloopers
    Participant

Not really the debut that everyone was hoping to see. Going to take awhile to get that conditioning and timing back. Looked really unsure and hesitant out there.

OhCanada-
    Participant

Hes going off!

Cynthia
    Participant

Well, I don’t think anyone was expecting 17 points in 3 minutes.

2+
    Hitster
    Participant

He’ll be a beast and had a lovely 3 point touch, he seemed to shoot them with an almost flat trajectory and cannot be left open to take shots like that.

Will be fun to see how he goes across the rest of the season. I can see him being on minutes restriction initially and maybe sitting a few games a la Kawhi initially before being given a bigger role in a month or so. These games will be important as NOP can see how the dynamic works with their young core and really try to blend them together so they can hit next season up and running. Also narrow down where their biggest draft needs may be so they choose wisely with their lottery pick this summer.

OhCanada-
    Participant

Anyone else been watching? Anyone notice that Zion never actually sets his picks, he always slips out of the pick and roll early. Is this just how the Pelicans play?

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login