This topic contains 34 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by r377r377 r377 4 years, 7 months ago.

• Author
    r377r377
    r377
    Participant

Anybody been watching ?

Australia had a good win over Canada.  They look to have good chemistry and not missing too many players

r377r377
    r377
    Participant

Serbia looks good, two big 50 point blow out wins.

39yo Luis Scola playing in his 5th World Cup overtook Aussie legend Andrew Gaze to rank 2nd in all-time points. Oscar Schmidt is number 1.   Respect.

OhCanada-
    Participant

Wouldve been hard for Canada to qaulify for the Olympics in this group even if they had a full roster. All of Lithuania’s players come out to play for these tournaments which this year includes Valanciunas and Sabonis and these guys dont give you anything. They blew out Senegal by 60 lol give em a break. Australia’s team is so scrappy defensively and passes/cuts/screens so well that they can compete with anyone. Thing about both these teams is they’ve all been playing together since they could walk.

Im just happy to see Canada competing with a basketball powerhouse like Australia. We had the lead in the 2nd half despite what the final score would show you the game was close at times. This Canada team falls in love with the jumpshot way too much, part of it is the gaurds bad shot selection and part of it is thier inabillity to create of the dribble/turn the corner. The team is very streaky shooting three’s. If they get hot from beyond the arc they can beat anyone but thats the same with the Atlanta Hawks last year.

As far as the Olympics I think how it works is 7 teams from this tournament will qaulify for the Olympics. Japan gets an automatic bid because"Godzilla".

After the best 24 teams that havent qaulified will be in 4 seperate wild card tournaments, 6 teams each tournament to decide the final 4 Olympic bids for a total of 12 bids. Hopefully Canada gets a better draw that time around. Lol no wonder noone showed up to play. Were gonna put you in a group with Australia and Lithuania…No thanks Ill pass lol. Let me get back to my yacht cruise.

r377r377
      r377
      Participant

Most countries have quite alot of their best and NBA players besides America and Canada.

Canada have about 20 NBA players, they should actually be a good team if more NBA players actually cared about their country: 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Canadians_in_the_National_Basketball_Association

Australia really only has Joe Ingles as an NBA starter. Patty Mills, Delly, Bogut and Baynes are all bench players.

OhCanada-
        Participant

Yeah its tough. Gonna be difficult for them to make the Olympics.

r377r377
          r377
          Participant

Jamal Murray, Wiggins, SGA, Olynx, Dilon Brooks and Dwight Powell  would change all that….

Zouldiers
    Participant

At least you’re team isn’t the Philippines lol. Got blown out by 50 in their last 2 games isn’t a good look for them.

Choppy
      Participant

I’m just surprised they havent started a brawl yet… 😉 

Zouldiers
        Participant

At this point, that’s their only chance of winning 🙂

r377r377
    r377
    Participant

Where is the best place to watch it all online ?

OhCanada-
      Participant

YouTube had them up before but they are down now. Cant find the Lithuania Canada game. Trying to watch it without checking the score. How bad did we lose?

OhCanada-
        Participant

They beat us by 23. All fun and games until you play Lithuania.

Zouldiers
    Participant

USA barely beats Turkey 93-92 wow

2quick4u
      Participant

yeah Turkey had the game for 2 times… they’ve missed the chance of their life

BlueRivers25
        Participant

Enes Kanter is trolling Turkey right now

2quick4u
      Participant

yeah Turkey had the game for 2 times… they’ve missed the chance of their life

r377r377
        r377
        Participant

Would have been nice to see Turkey win.  Korkmaz had 16 points

timinator1
      Participant

should have won this game for Turkey. I was shocked TUR missed four straight FT at the end of OT.

Who is the best player on this team 

The Goat
    Participant

I read there’s 103 players with NBA experience playing in this tournament and 54 active.. crazy numbers. 

The Goat
    Participant

I read there’s 103 players with NBA experience playing in this tournament and 54 active.. crazy numbers. 

The Goat
    Participant

I read there’s 103 players with NBA experience playing in this tournament and 54 active.. crazy numbers. Doesn’t sound right to me but I’m not checking rosters.  If anyone can fact check I’d like to know if that’s right

projectpat310
      Participant

54 active sounds about right. There’s 12 on USA, 5-6 Australia, 4-5 on Serbia. That’s already 20+ on just 3 of the teams.  

projectpat310
        Participant

I skimmed through every team and their current rosters. I counted 53 players currently on NBA rosters, but probably just missed one. USA has 12 obviously, Greece 2, Australia 4, France 4, Spain 5 (I think),  Serbia 4… Japan has 2! And some other countries have 1 or 2 as well. 

barbabodom
          Participant

I was able to find 83 players in the rosters:

USA: 12
          Brazil: 7 + 1 Marcus Louzada (just drafted by Pels)
          Nigeria: 6
          Spain: 6
          Australia: 5
          France: 5 +1 Poiries (just signed by Celtics)
          Greece: 5
          Germany: 4
          Servia: 4 + 1 Guduric (just signed bt Grizzlies)
          Turkey: 4
          Argentina: 3
          Canada: 3
          China: 3
          Italy: 3
          Lithuania: 3
          Japan: 2 + 1 Hachimura
          Czech Rep: 1
          Iran: 1
          Montenegro: 1
          Philipinsd: 1
          Puerto Rico: 1
          Russia: 1
          Senegal: 1
          Tunisia: 1

The Goat
    Participant

Perhaps they meant 103 with NBA experience have participated in this tournament in total i.e. not just this year but in every year combined.. thanks for the check! 

r377r377
      r377
      Participant

The 103 could be correct.  Lots of players get call ups or short NBA careers.  There are prob 50 who have played NBA but not on current roster

Scola, Mitch Creek, Rudy Fernandez, Claver, Haddidi, Karasev, Yi, Qi, Barbosa, Anderson Verejo, Calathes, Pappagiannis  just at a quick skim.

Most teams have 2 or so former NBA players

r377r377
    r377
    Participant

Serbia look good, strong win over Italy yday.

Bogdan had 31.  Jokic and Bjelica also are teammates.

Big game today Boomers play Lithuania  – Jonas Valanciunas and Domantas Sabonis will be tough to stop.

BothTeamsPlayedHard
    Participant

Poor Turkey got rolled by Czechia and is eliminated, but at least we know the US gets a crack at the smack talking Brazilian coach in the next round. He definitely takes all the credit if Barbosa goes for 30 in that one.

Zouldiers
    Participant

USA playing a lot better without Tatum. So far, They have a comfortable lead over Greece.

r377r377
    r377
    Participant

France with a win over Lithuania.  Frank Ntika not getting much run.

Australia vs France will be a good game…

Giannis didnt’ dominate this tournament like we expected…

nick5354
      Participant

In Fiba can you stay in the paint longer than 3 seconds? If so I can imagine why this might be – clogging the paint is one way to slow him down

2quick4u
    Participant

Spain kicks Serbia’s as*.

People discounted Spain too early.. I think they are the strongest team with the US and France.

r377r377
    r377
    Participant

I think Spain will play USA in the final. Spain have a core squad that have played alot together.  Scola has been overachieving for Argentina

The Goat
    Participant

USA rolled by France, down 5 with 42 seconds left as I type. USA 10 point losers in the end.. wasn’t close.

I just came here to get more negs.. to add to the ones I got before the tourney when I said the US won’t medal. 

A reminder to the Americans that this is your best team. The players that arent playing chose not to.. so, au revoir.

r377r377
    r377
    Participant

All Tournament team announced. Gasol, Rubio, Scola, Bogdonovic, Fournier.

Bit of a mixup with Patty Mills. Basketball Australia contacted him after the France game to tell him he was in the team, only later he found out this was not true….

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login