This topic contains 9 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar holefillers1 4 years, 2 months ago.

• Author
    canadabasketballisrisingcanadabasketballisrising
    canadabasketballisrising
    Participant

who says no? That’s a huge haul; top 3 pick, young player (Culver, Okogie) and James johnson for Booker. Suns need to rebuild, and that’s a lot coming in for just one player.

Dazzling Dunks and Basketball Bloopers
    Participant

Unless there’s a player they are really in love with and are absolutely convinced can be a franchise centerpiece with that pick, I’d need more than that if I’m Phoenix. I personally don’t really see it in this draft.

RUDEBOY-
    Participant

Aren’t the Sun’s currently
    rebuilding?

HobbyOG
    Participant

I would want more if I’m PHX. Wolves don’t have enough assets to pull this off.. And will the wolves have cap space to have 3 max players??? Top 3 pick in 2020 draft is nothing to run home about..this draft reminds me of the Anthony Bennett draft.

OhCanada-
    Participant

Suns might do it. But the Wolves are gonna have to give up and/or give up the rights to their 1st round pick for the next 4,5 years or something similar to the Paul George Clippers/Thunder trade. They cant trade the 2021/2022 picks because GSW owns rights.

They wont get more than that from other teams knowing that Booker wants to play with Russell and Towns, they will lowball Phoenix. After every star player gets traded forums like this one get filled up with comments like “they shouldve got more for him” with the exception of PG and OKC they took LA to the cleaners. Trade value isnt what it is in video games.

r377r377
    r377
    Participant

Just to point out that KAT, russell and Booker are all friends which i think is why the orig topic was made.

bt102bt102
    bt102
    Participant

The reason was because they are friends. The only problem that I see with it is that you have 3 people on max deals who are known for not having the best defense. They would have to sign minimum guys or similar, and there aren’t good defenders on the minimum. If they were, they would have to keep Okogie at all costs bc he is probably their best defender. And it doesn’t look like there is a Thybulle of this draft this year where there is already a super polished defender in the draft in the later part of the draft.

Hitster
    Participant

As a Phoenix fan and after several years of not great draft picks – Bender/Chriss/Jackson etc I think we need to keep our best player. At the moment we are pretty level with the T-Wolves so why do a trade with them. Russell and KAT are a bit further along than Ayton and Booker but now with Rubio pulling the strings I think we have to hold fire.

Can the T-Wolves trade this year’s pick as next year’s is likely going to GSW and then we are looking at 2022 or 2023. If there was an auction for Booker then maybe consider the options. The Knicks are desperate to rebuild and have some decent pieces.

OhCanada-
    Participant

With the way Malik Beasley has been playing I think the Wolves might be able to pull something off if they go asset hunting and trade everything they got for Booker. Reid should be a coveted asset as well. Suns dont really need him but Im sure tons of NBA teams could, he would probably go top 10 in a redraft. They should also get a top 5 pick this year which they can package, but they will have to wait until (I think its 60 days) after the draft. They also have Okogie and Culver.

So Reid, Okogie, Culver, Top 5 pick, future picks, Beasley. I would just do that if Im the Suns. Draft the best gaurds you can get a hold of and build through that, you probably wont even end up much worse than before.

holefillers1
    Participant

Man what happened to the Suns. Phoenix used to be a destination for FA. It was Miami and Phoenix. Now you have to trade every decent player you get before they walk. The draft is a crap shoot. I would try to find a one for one deal like a sign and trade. If that doesn’t work then talk to Elton. I am sure he would give them Tobias Harris and Josh Richardson

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login