This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar OhCanada- 11 months ago.

• Author
    NorrinRaddNorrinRadd
    NorrinRadd
    Participant

1 – Spurs – Victor Wembanyama
    2 – Hornets – Scoot Henderson
    3 – Blazers – Brandon Miller
    4 – Rockets – Amen Thompson
    5 – Pistons – Cam Whitmore
    6 – Magic – Ausar Thompson
    7 – Pacers – Jarace Walker
    8 – Wizards – Cason Wallace
    9 – Jazz –

NorrinRaddNorrinRadd
    NorrinRadd
    Participant

I think they can go a few different ways here. The 2 that make sense the most to me are Anthony Black and Taylor Hendricks. They are equal on my board. This comes down to possibly what they do with their #16 pick… If they draft Hendricks then down the line could be JHS or Bufkin, a “vs” battle from before or maybe even a Keyonte George if they’re both gone. If they go Black, then down the line they have Lively or Clowney or Leonard Miller would be another good choice to add to the front court. Maybe even go wing. So many options here. After rambling this through, I think I’m going Anthony Black. Anthony Black’s the pick here.

Hitster
    Participant

The Jazz will have a fair turnover of players over the next couple of years as they look to continue their rebuild.with a huge haul of draft picks. They will be looking to add depth at a number of positions but PF and backcourt look the biggest current needs.

Like Norrin the next two BPAs on my list are Black and Hendricks. There may be more good backcourt options in the draft around 16th pick for Utah’s next pick and but they can look at other options for that and the 28th pick so I have to go with BPA again so take Anthony Black.

1+
    Zouldiers
    Participant

Anthony Black easy pick here

1+
    OhCanada-
    Participant

Grady Dick.

This is a tough pick for me. Black is the obvious pick here. I watched alot of Arkansas games this year particularly in the 2nd half of the season and Anthony Black always came across as underwhelming to me. You can see he clearly has all the tools to be a star at the next level but he never had that huge court presence. I just feel like Black settles into being a high level versatile role player, good defensive player but not a huge impact player. Its more of a gut feeling than anything.

As for the Jazz they are in an interesting position. They have 16 1st round picks over the next 6 years, 3 1st round picks this year and none next year. I think Grady Dick gives them a solid role to build around. He projects as a guy that could one day be amongst the league leaders in three point attempts while shooting 40% and giving solid defense. 6’8 shooters are tough to come by.

1+

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login