This topic contains 18 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by NorrinRaddNorrinRadd NorrinRadd 10 months, 3 weeks ago.

• Author
    NorrinRaddNorrinRadd
    NorrinRadd
    Participant

1 – Spurs – Victor Wembanyama
    2 – Hornets – Scoot Henderson
    3 – Blazers – Brandon Miller
    4 – Rockets – Amen Thompson
    5 – Pistons – Cam Whitmore
    6 – Magic – Ausar Thompson
    7 – Pacers – Jarace Walker
    8 – Wizards – Cason Wallace
    9 – Jazz –Anthony Black
    10 – Mavericks – Taylor Hendricks
    11 – Magic – Gradey Dick
    12 – Thunder – Leonard Miller
    13 – Raptors –

1+
    Zouldiers
    Participant

GG Jackson

2+
    Hitster
    Participant

I won’t put GG Jackson as Oh Canada doesn’t rate him and said him is similar to Precious Achiuwa who is already on their roster. FVV has a players option and will be looking for a bigger deal. Gary Trent Jnr likewise has a players option but wouldn’t cost as much as FVV. Also Pascal Siakam is going into his last year so the Raptors could easily hit full rebuild around Scottie Barnes and the younger core if FVV moves on I can see them looking to possibly cash in on Siakam.

Anyway the greater need is the backcourt so it comes down to Nick Smith, Jalen H-S and Keyonte George. I’d have loved Cason Wallace here but he has already gone. I’m going to stick with Nick Smith as BPA and for his scoring potential.

3+
    NorrinRaddNorrinRadd
    NorrinRadd
    Participant

Keyonte George… I’ll just be different… plus OhCanada’s not big on Nick Smith I don’t think either… both players though went through some injuries and both could be better than expected. I’ll go Keyonte George. He seemed to be coming into his own during the season until he played through that sprained ankle for a month or so. Keyonte George I think will be the pick as FVV’s replacement. He makes plays.

3+
    OhCanada-
    Participant

Max Lewis

Yeah this is a really bad place to be picking. I feel like theres a clearcut top 11 in this draft. I think anyone in that top 11 is automatic for Toronto and Leonard Miller is probably next. After that from 12-16 it will be hard to trade out of your position and get practical value. Raptors shouldn’t have traded for Poeltl, I was for the trade at the time but now their roster is a mess. Theres currently alot of uncertainty around what this team is going to do, no Head Coach, rumours of trades, possibly moving up with a trade to Portland, maybe picking up the #10 pick with a trade to Dallas. I highly doubt they will be picking a player to fit the current roster but one things for sure, Scottie Barnes will be here and he will have the ball in his hands.. I think Masai Ujiri and Bobby Webster are looking for opportunities to improve the roster however they can whether that means trading vets for young players and assets or vice versa. Heres my rundown of the prospects available.

Jackson is talented but has too much negative to his game for Toronto to pick him here. They need someone who can play and be trusted on the court. Drafting Jackson would basically mean giving up on Achuiwa.

I don’t mind Nick Smith in this range. Most of my concerns for him were when he was ranked in the first half of the lottery. I think he can settle into a Jordan Clarkson role and has upside to be a very good player but he doesn’t offer much defensively at this point and he plays small despite his height and length although he is so young who knows what habits or routines he develops as a pro as far as strength training goes.

I like Amari Bailey here. I think his best skill is putting pressure on defenses. He can get past that first line and operate in the midrange and force help. He also has good playmaking and decision making for if help arrives. But with Barnes as our future are guards have to be able to shoot the ball and play well off the ball.

Keyonte George has been a high volume shooter that doesn’t shoot the ball well. and is turnover prone He was the same way in highschool. He’s talented and young but I would let somebody else take that gamble.

Max Lewis has great size for his offensive skillset. He’s only got 6 years of organized ball under his belt so his basically like a blank canvass. You can mold him into a big combo guard, a wing, or both. But where is he defensively and physically, whats his competition level like and will he be a player you can count on consistently to play a shitty zero praise role? The nore I see his interviews the more I question his drive to be completely honest. Although I’d gamble on his upside, especially with the success Jalen Williams had this year. I’m picking Max.

Then theres Jalen Hood Schifino. This is who I think they will pick. He’s just a good all around player. He has very good ball iq and an obvious passion for the game. No weaknesses. Decent athlete, decent height/length/size as a combo guard. Can shoot a bit. He’s got some creativity and is not completely mechanic. Reminds me a bit of Josh Hart, just put him on the court and good things happen.

1+
    OhCanada-
    Participant

Toronto needs to make a deal with Portland for their pick, If the can trade OG and 13 for Simons and 3 like the rumors are indicating they need to get that done. Although I would not trade Siakam, he’s just too good.

NorrinRaddNorrinRadd
    NorrinRadd
    Participant

GG Jackson – 1
    Nick Smith – 1
    Keyonte George – 1
    JHS – 1

… and this is where this mock has begun!!!

NorrinRaddNorrinRadd
      NorrinRadd
      Participant

Oops, I guess JHS is Max Lewis instead… my bad. I think I read that wrong. hahaha.

jeffbobtomsteve
    Participant

I’m not sure I get Nick Smith, he was over matched in college and plays a position that is incredibly easy to find, ask the Heat. I don’t mean point guard either, he isn’t that, he’s an undersized scoring guard like bones hyland, gabe vincent, etc. They’re a dime a dozen, I’ll say Hood schifino but also feel like Jett Howard is and option no one has mentioned.

1+
    NorrinRaddNorrinRadd
    NorrinRadd
    Participant

GG Jackson – 1
    Nick Smith – 1
    Keyonte George – 1
    Maxwell Lewis – 1
    Jalen Hood-Schifino – 1

Hitster
    Participant

Is OG that good to merit a 10 place trade up for the Raptors and for Portland to flip the pick. I’d figure if they did make a trade you’d be looking for an established All Star as they’d be giving up a chance to draft Scoot or Miller. OG is a very good player and must be pushing towards All Star level but at the Raps he’d only be 3rd or 4th best starter really. Plus he only has one year left on his deal so could opt out next summer so I don’t see Portland doing that trade.

1+
      OhCanada-
      Participant

Hes 25, a top 10 defensive player in the league, easily Toronto’s best defender and on Portland he scores 20 points per game. He’s defenitely worth the 3rd overall pick. In Toronto he isn’t given a chance to be a playmaker or ballhandler because they have Barnes and Siakam as forwards who need the ball in their hands, and Fred Van Vleet who runs the show. He’s basically a spot up shooter for us but he has way more in his bag.

Also Fred Van Vleet and Siakam…its hard to explain. They arent bad teammates or anything or bad playmakers bu they are selective on who they pass the ball to. OG and Barnes get iced out very often. They will go an entire half with like 2 shots.

1+
      OhCanada-
      Participant

You know what. Your pribably right. Its probably for Siakam not OG. That makes more sense for both teams tbh.

1+
    Hitster
    Participant

Wouldn’t Toronto want to keep OG and rebuild around him and Scottie Barnes. I’m guessing FVF will be looking to get a serious paydat somewhere and if you are looking to rebuild you probably aren’t going to offer him the sort of deal he’d want. He is 29 now so this could well be his mega deal if he can get it. Siakam is 29 now too and will be 30 when he hits FA next summer, he’ll be one of the top 20 best paid NBA players next season and FA in 2024 is likely to yield him an even bigger deal.

So if FVF walks I can see the Raps looking to get a return on Siakam before they risk losing him for nothing.

OG reminds me almost of an Iggy type player, the glue guy who holds a team together and one a team with a couple of elite players would love to have as a 3rd option alongside them.

If you could flip anyone outside Scottie for 3rd pick I’d do it in a heartbeat as it would likely land you Scoot.

2+
      OhCanada-
      Participant

OG’s like Kawhi Leonard lite. Leonard’s 4th year when he was 23. I think Scoot goes 2nd. I also feel Amen Thompson is this drafts 3rd best prospect and maybe even better than Henderson. He just has so much creativity and athleticism along with that 7 foot wingspan. I’m pretty confident Toronto would pick him over Scoot they like having those size advantage players.

As for this pick yeah I don’t really wanna choose. I’m not that confident with Max Lewis, but if you guys wanna move it along that would be my vote.

1+
    NorrinRaddNorrinRadd
    NorrinRadd
    Participant

My second choice here would have been Kobe Bufkin… but he’s not picked either by anyone – doesn’t really help… anybody have one of these selections as a tie breaker??? We’re at about 24 hours.

Hitster
    Participant

GG was my BPA on my mock but we know Oh Canada wasn’t keen on him. I’d suggest we let Oh Canada decide the choice here as the Raptors are their team unless anyone else who has had a pick is a Raps fan and it can be decided amongst them.

1+
    Hitster
    Participant

I like the 23 year old Kawhi comparison for 25 year old OG I can see the likenesses there.

Oh Canada has chosen Max Lewis but as Norrin is running this mock I’ll leave it up for him to green light moving onto 14th pick for NOP.

1+
    NorrinRaddNorrinRadd
    NorrinRadd
    Participant

That’s a great idea Hitster, we’ll roll with Max Lewis as a fan favorite pick!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login