This topic contains 11 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar druneave3 11 years, 2 months ago.

• Author
    JoeyGladstone
    Participant

Would you rather have ELITE athleticism/ups with an AVERAGE jumper, or an ELITE jumper with AVERAGE athleticism/ups.

I always hear people saying man I wish I could dunk/jump like that, but ya never really hear people say man I wish I could shoot like that. Just curious which way you guys would go?

SubZero
    Participant

Elite athleticism with an average jumper. Athleticism can be improved but some people are just more blessed than others in that area. Shooting is one of the easiest things to improve in basketball

BenchWarmer
    Participant

Elite athleticism because a jumper can be taught. Athleticism can carry over to defense and rebounding. (Can being the key word). Above all else I would take work ethic, both of these mean nothing if a player doesn’t work at their craft.

invalid
    Participant

elite jumper.. just me.. im kinda lazy ass, just wanna shoot around

khaled_a_d
    Participant

Depends,if I have good handling ability ,then athleticism ,if not then a jumper

clickthumbsdowntonegme
    Participant

elite jumper because if you depend on your athleticism you probably make plays with more risk of injury. if you get injured and come back and your athleticism isn’t the same then you just have an average jumper. if you have an elite jumper you have an elite jumper. the best players athletic or not play on the floor better than the air. it takes as much training to be elite either way.

Lebron’s Hairline
    Participant

Lets ask Stephen Curry

goodsonthe
    Participant

If rather ask LeBron James lol

IvoL
    Participant

My answer is… Fundamentals

i prefer ELITE jumper with AVERAGE athleticism/ups.

Dirk Nowitzki, Nash, Love, Bird, Duncan (post, mid range and his bank shot), Magic Johnson (he wasn’t that fast he couldn’t jump that high and he wasn’t a good shooter but he had fundamentals and was quick enough to start a fastbreak, great vision and passing abilities), i will choose anytime a player with good fundamentals than a player with hops, because i don’t know how he is going to evolve

SubZero
      Participant

If it said elite fundamentals then I would’ve taken that…but he only said jumper. I was thinking of someone like Steve Novak in that case

AwardedBaller
    Participant

Sound like Wiggins vs Parker lolol

druneave3
    Participant

Coming from someone who had a 20″ vert on a good day, I’ll take the athleticism please. Shooting is something I have learned over the years, my vert however is down to 12″.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login