This topic contains 13 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar holefillers1 3 years, 10 months ago.

• Author
    armchairgmarmchairgm
    armchairgm
    Participant

So survey asked If You Were in A Fight And Could Only Have One Of These NBA Players To Back You Up, Who Would You Choose? I got Charles Oakley, how about you?
    Dennis Rodman
    Latrell Sprewell
    Ron Artest
    Robert Parish
    James Johnson
    Chris Anderson
    Zach Randolph
    Kevin Garnett
    Ben Wallace
    Xavier McDaniel
    Vernon Maxwell
    Charles Oakley
    Stephen Jackson
    Bill Lambeer

RUDEBOY-
    Participant

James Johnson ,dude is 7-0 in MMA matches and 20-0 in Kickboxing. Stephen Jackson look like he can throw some hands. Kermit Washington almost killed Rudy T with 1 Punch back in the day.

2+
      Fatso
      Participant

James Johnson is undoubtedly a beast who I wouldn’t want to fight, but has anyone seen any official results, video, or anything of the sort related to his skill level or undefeated record? We all accept that these were amateur fights, yes? All things considered, I tend to question the validity of that record, and if its legitimate I question his level of competition.

That said, he’s still the correct answer to the question. I just wonder why there’s zero evidence to support it…

sniper
    Participant

Kermit Washington turned and threw a blind punch that happened to hit Rudy, who was charging toward him, square in the face. Kermit was known as an enforcer, but that punch doesn’t make him a good fighter. When Rudy’s teammate, Calvin Murphy, ran onto the floor with his fists ready, no one wanted to get near him. Murphy was an accomplished Golden Gloves boxer.

Anyway, keeping it to your list … I didn’t know about James Johnson’s MMA/kickboxing career and that’s impressive. I’m not sure how meaningful that is in a basketbrawl, though, when 10 or more guys are all going at it. I would pick someone old-school, from the days when fights actually happened in the NBA, and players were prepared to fight and some even seemed to look forward to it.

I’d narrow it down to Parish, Laimbeer and Oakley. I’d probably take Parish because he was my favorite of the three, and he didn’t really want to fight — he was high most of the time — but everyone knew he could and would. Reportedly even MJ backed down from him.

Larry Bird probably would have won 98% of fights against NBA players. I remember one time Moses Malone held his arms while Dr. J landed several blows to Bird’s face. He seemed totally unbothered.

Danny Ainge would bite you — maybe not a mark of high character, but potentially a gamechanger in a fight.

I once saw Barkley grab a young Shaq and throw him to the ground almost effortlessly. That always stuck with me.

Kurt Thomas should be on this list among the more recent players. Always heard no one wanted any part of him.

RUDEBOY-
    Participant

Baton twirling, hot pants daisey dukes wearing Calvin Murphy didn’t Scare anyone!

OhCanada-
    Participant

James Johnson and its not even close. Theres three factors when it comes to fighting. Commitment. Strength/Size. Skill. Everyone on that list would be willing to fight, big and strong but none of them have the same skill as Johnson.

3+
      armchairgmarmchairgm
      armchairgm
      Participant

Oh Canada and don’t forget your most important factor he was a RAPTOR haha we all know you are the ultimate homer. James Johnson though is a bad man as people have said 2nd degree black belt and an accomplished kickboxer.

1+
        OhCanada-
        Participant

Armchair why you always hating lool. Oak was a Raptor too and still comes to the games and gets love.

https://youtu.be/cg6uxbRASEE

armchairgmarmchairgm
          armchairgm
          Participant

Not hating at all it is all in love just giving you a hard time.

RUDEBOY-
    Participant

Just becuz a guy is big doesn’t mean he can fight. Google the Alonzo Mourning and Larry Johnson sissy fit and try not to laugh.

1+
    cwishn
    Participant

ZBo, Kevin Willis and/or Xavier McDaniel

canadabasketballisrisingcanadabasketballisrising
    canadabasketballisrising
    Participant

James Johnson.. i dont know hos this is even close…holds a second-degree black belt in karate and fought in his first mixed martial arts bout at age 18. He has an undefeated record in seven MMA matches, while also holding a 20–0 record in kickboxing matches. Has ANY nba PLAYER EVER fought professionally before? He has every ability to fight dirty, plus all his skill and experience.

umassgrad20052005
    Participant

James Johnson

holefillers1
    Participant

I heard Jerry Stackhouse would fight anyone

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login