This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Avatar OhCanada- 6 days, 2 hours ago.

• Author
    canadabasketballisrising
    Participant

Thinking of past Olympic teams, I can’t think of a single player in recent history (2000 on) who consistently refused to play for his country in Olympic contention simply because he expects them to pay him, and for his brother to play too (is no where near good enough). Much better players play every year for their country (Lebon, Kobe, ect.) without expecting to be paid, and their are literally no excuses in terms of contract status (overpaid for a while). His mom was a Canadian Olympic winner with a park named after her for all she did which makes this even work. Above all, he is making millions off Biosteel- a canadian version of gatorade by the slogan “proud of my (canadian) roots”
    Basically all of Canadians other than Lyles (even less patriotic) and Thompson (contract up) is committed now, and it’s not like we have to beat Giannis and Greece or Turkey (who lost to to the states by a point or so and blew it at the end).

I just don’t get. Can anyone else think of a less patriotic player… this guy was supposed to be the face of Canadian basketball after Steve Nash- but played once, and then gave up on his country every time he can, when he’s healthy and able to play with a big guaranteed contract. Who else has done this? Its a once in a 4 year commitment.

OhCanada-
    Participant

Wait when did you hear him say he wont commit and he wants to be paid? His father just led on that he was going to join. And isnt Greece exactly who we have to beat?

1+
    canadabasketballisrising
    Participant

yea.. Greece and maybe even more turkey is who we have to beat… it was sarcasm.
    Im saying the fact that after all of Canada’s best players have all declared, including player’s whose contracts are up and wiggin’s is saying nothing, it seems pretty clear he probably won’t. Where did his dad say something?

OhCanada-
    Participant

I meant RJ’s dad Rowan Barrett Canada’s GM. He hinted that Wiggins might join the team during pregame at the Knicks/Raps game.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login