This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar sniper 3 years, 6 months ago.

• Author
    canadabasketballisrisingcanadabasketballisrising
    canadabasketballisrising
    Participant

Bradley Beal. Someone will always post that Wiggins is horrible, blah blah, he is NOT the focus of the deal and 25. Wizards will get the second pick in this years draft, and also get the wolves pick next year, or unprotected in 2022 if it falls in the top 3. I would add the second round pick in 2022 too. As much as they love Beal, that is a MASSIVE HAUL for him.

Wizards are stuck at the worst place in sports .500 ball, and this is there chance to take a risk and improve with great picks added to wall and what they already have.

Warriors are in win now mode- they have a 5 year or so window with their core, no point in a young rookie compared to a Bradley beal type player who is the same age range. Core of Curry, Thompson, Beal and Green. Beal is the best player they will get for get for their assets..

who turns it down?

bt102bt102
    bt102
    Participant

The Wizards turn it down. Beal wants to stay by the looks of it and John Wall is still a very good PG. If it doesn’t work then maybe they can get a package like this but it would be smarter to wait till next year when the draft is way better. Also if they got Beal, those picks wouldn’t be worth much.

canadabasketballisrising
    Participant

thing is I dont think they get anywhere as good of a deal exactly because the picks WONT CHANGE in value.

You said if they get beal the picks wont be worth much. The warriors already have the second pick in the draft, that cant change unless you trade it. The pick next year from Minnesota wont change by beal going to the warriors. Second round pick wont change either.

Wizards DO love beal for his greatness and loyalty, but I cant see how they get a better offer than this if they wait and see. This is more of a trade (2 top 5 picks very likely) and Wiggins that players better than beal, think GIANNIS will fetch…

Ask yourself if Giannis says he is not res-signing, who is going to offer a better deal than 2 top 5 picks and wiggins for him?

No one can. Teams trading superstars want top picks to re start.

1+
    bt102bt102
    bt102
    Participant

Giannis will get more but either way it still doesn’t change the fact they aren’t lookinga at trading him. Giannis or Beal. Nothing is going to change that at this point. People want to see drama and see stars move teams. It’s not up to them. I just don’t see it happening. Besides Warriors players tend to be overvalued, and picks especially this year are overvalued. I think the best offer your going to get for a star this year is Jrue Holiday. If the Warriors are getting Beal the Wizards are going to need an exrra handful of firsts. #2, and Minneosta’s pick isn’t enough in my opinion.

canadabasketballisrising
    Participant

what do you think is more that Giannis will get that exceeds a 2nd overall pick 2021, a top pick (undecided) in 2022, wiggins, and a 2nd round pick in 2022? teams typically look for picks to choose who THEY want… what offer exceeds this?

please explain specifically with an example.

OhCanada-
    Participant

Beal’s off limits. 26 years old, just scored 30 points per game, finally getting Wall back and keeps letting everyone know he has no ambition to leave.

sniper
    Participant

You may be right that Beal is not on the table, but it’s shocking to me that Washington wouldn’t take that deal in a heartbeat. Beal’s a very good player — an elite scorer — but he’s not a perennial All-NBA guy, and there’s no reason to believe he can ever be the best player on a contending team. This past season he ranked 50th among all players in win shares, per basketball-reference.com. The previous season he ranked 30th.

But with a #2 pick and a likely top-5 pick the following year, you have a good chance to get that transformational superstar. Even if you come away with just two very good players — that’s twice as many very good players as Beal is. And they’re on the same timeline as your other young talent like Hachimura and whoever they take with their own lottery picks the next couple years. Yeah it sucks to get saddled with Wiggins and his horrible contract, but the good news is, Wiggins doesn’t help teams win, so the Wiz should still be drafting high in the lottery. They could easily end up with 2 top-5 picks in 2021 if they take this deal.

1+

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login