This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by NorrinRaddNorrinRadd NorrinRadd 3 weeks ago.

• Author
    Dazzling Dunks and Basketball Bloopers
    Participant

The first really big domino of the trade deadline has dropped with vucevic getting dealt to Chicago along with al Farouq-aminu for Wendell Carter, Otto Porter and 2 firsts. This is an interesting move for Chicago, who appears to signaling a desire to win now rather than later. It gives them a pair of high-scoring all-star caliber players in vucevic and lavine, along with markannen. The questions will still come on the defensive end, with this move doing little to address that. Not sure how effective a vucevic-markannen pairing can be up front. But this team should have the offensive firepower to compete with just about anyone.
    For Orlando, which also traded Evan Fournier to the Celtics for 2 future 2nd rounders, this clearly signals the start of a rebuild, which was probably overdue.

1+
    RUDEBOY-RUDEBOY-
    RUDEBOY-
    Participant

good move for bulls..vucevic has been 1 of the top centers in the nba..not sure how him & lauri fit on the defensive end….magic acquire another lottery pick…
    porter has a player option for 28 million this summer..i dont think he’ll get this much on the open market….

the blazers trading trent jr who has blossomed and on a rookie deal for powell who will be a free agent this summer is a little confusing..but they have searched for a 3 & d wing for yrs…
    powell is about to get paid…. shooters have thrived in portland ..melo is shooting 39%,wes matthews,nic batum,allan crabbe all got huge deals after leaving the blazers…

1+
    NorrinRaddNorrinRadd
    NorrinRadd
    Participant

There’s definitely some deals going on now. I like Rondo on the Clippers and Lou on the Hawks. Norman Powell to the Blazers could be a sneaky pick up. I think Orlando did some moves too. Exciting!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login