This topic contains 8 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar treytalkssports.com 11 years ago.

• Author
    B-ball fan
    Participant

I don’t see what is similar. Jack is a big, physical guard who loves to get in the lane, but has a suspect outside shot. Burke is an undersized guard who may struggle to score in the lane in the NBA, but is a savvy scorer who is an outstanding shooter from deep and a good playmaker. And, despite what Lawson is doing to Jack right now, Jack is probably the better man defender overall.

417basketballfan
    Participant

trey burke= jarrett jack

fcb206
    Participant

Yeah, no clue whatsoever where you are getting that comparison from. In reality they probably couldn’t be more different. Do you even watch basketball?

Grandmama
    Participant

There’s always one prospect every year that if you say something negative about, you will surely endure multiple negatives. Trey Burke is that player this year.

Jarrett Jack though? Nah

treytalkssports.com
      Participant

Yah … thats not true. For months he was put out of the lottery in the mock drafts on this website. The only people who commented about him commented negatively, picking apart his game and saying that he couldn’t even be an NBA starter.

He had a rise in the tourney due primarily to his team’s success (he did not have a particularly great tournament). Now, most people who comment about him overrate him.

The truth is, there are a lot of people who choose not to comment because the hype swings so far back and forth, and they do not want to get neg.

He has as much upside as anyone else in this top-light draft, but that doesn’t mean he is a future All-NBA player. It just means that he has good upside, and most other players don’t have his kind of upside.

TRC1991
    Participant

Trey Burke reminds me of a combo of a poor man’s Chris Paul and Kemba Walker

Choppy
    Participant

I’ve always wondered why people need to compare prospects to current players? Can’t they just let them be who they turn out to be? Robe, Grant Hill and others all fought the ‘next MJ’ tag and i think comparisons do more harm than good.

Choppy
    Participant

*kobe

CavFanPR
    Participant

Trey Burke = A better D.J. Augustin

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login