This topic contains 12 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar IndianaBasketball 3 years, 8 months ago.

• Author
    Zouldiers
    Participant

Man went off for 53 points with 9 3pm. Pacers now holds the tiebreaker against Philly. Philly’s woes continues even though Embiid drop 41 pts with 21 rebs. Shake Milton costs them that game

RUDEBOY-
    Participant

69% fg 20-29.. 9-12 3 pointers for 75% … Tj was cooking. During his time in Phoenix he’s been a bucket getter. Plus he’s improved his 3 point shooting. Its his poor defense, tunnel vision and inability to stay healthy that’s given him a bad rap. And becuz of those limitations some people suggest he’ll be better coming off the bench. He would probably average 25 nightly on a great defensive team like Utah that struggles to score points.

2+
      festar35festar35
      festar35
      Participant

Indiana is one of the better defensive teams in the NBA, period! He wasn’t a good defender in Phoenix because it appeared that end of the floor wasn’t valued, in Indiana it is the cornerstone. TJ Warren has turned into the best perimeter defender on the team, today he followed up his 53 point performance with 34 points, 11 rebounds & 3 assists, 2 of which were genuinely created opportunities by him.
      He also had 3 steals & 4 blocks.

1+
    RUDEBOY-
    Participant

All of Philly’s guards played like crap.

4+
    IndianaBasketball
    Participant

And to think . . . He was traded to the pacers for cash considerations.

2+
    OhCanada-
    Participant

Always had that scorers instinct since watching him at NC State. Real crafty just knows how to fill it up. I knew that would translate. Warrens still only 26. Now if he could just improve a bit to get one second skill whether thats playmaking, rebounding, defending, etc.

bt102bt102
      bt102
      Participant

On a side note, Ohcanada. Just a heads up on your mock. Ayo Dosumnu is heading back to school. Nolley pulled out of the draft about a month ago. Petrusev signed with a pro team in Serbia. Amar Sylla withdrew a couple months ago. Zagars wasn’t on the potential draft combine invities, same with Cockburn and Grady. Ayayi withdrew last night. Scottie Lewis withdrew a month ago. Bassey didn’t even declare as far as I’m aware. He isn’t on the potential draft combine invities.

Also there is no way Oturu goes in the top 10. I know this site is way to high on him in the first place but that’s absolutely ridiculous. Lots of teams like him in the 20’s area.

2+
        OhCanada-
        Participant

Thanks for the info. Right now Im more or less working on my own personal big board to add to that thread you guys posted in but I havent had time to focus on completing it for more than 5 minutes at a time this weekend. Between losing $700 in Blackjack, watching anime, cleaning my disgusting apartment after a leak to my washing machine and of course watching basketball I’ve been kinda busy and that things not even complete. That information will help me when I finally get around to it but I do think Oturu and Carey are both very underrated. I think Bolmaro is a great prospect and a big PG not just a SG and I also want to add Karim Mane I think the Raptors are gonna pick him as insurance for Fred Van Vleet if they can’t pay him unless they get a guy like Oturu, Carey Jr, or maybe even Jalen Smith as their future Center.

bt102bt102
    bt102
    Participant

At the time of that trade I was so confused. It sounds like the reason he was dealt to the Pacers at all was because he was so bad in the locker room. Things just turned so bad that Jones was willing to throw in KZ Okpala to get rid of him.

1+
      bt102bt102
      bt102
      Participant

I remember hearing somewhere that they thought when Phoenix proposed it, Indiana thought it was a joke.

1+
    armchairgmarmchairgm
    armchairgm
    Participant

Phoenix traded him to dump the remaining salary on his contract. He also although he is a great scorer didn’t provide the spot up shooting and spacing they were looking for or the defense/rebounding. They thought Saric’s spacing would be better fit for their team and already had players in Warren’s position in Oubre and Bridges they liked better long term.

1+
    Scrooge McDuck
    Participant

Warren owns real estate in Jimmy Butler’s head. Just wanted to say that. Glad to hear Warrens success

2+
      IndianaBasketball
      Participant

I definitely want to see the Pacers vs Heat in the first round

1+

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login