This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar SwatLakeCity 2 years, 10 months ago.

• Author
    Dazzling Dunks and Basketball Bloopers
    Participant

This has been a franchise that historically always just seems to disappoint. I labeled them as the front runners all season last year and they inexplicably collapsed with an almost insurmountable lead in the conference semis. There is almost no way I would ever feel comfortable betting on this team.
    And yet, when you look at the remaining teams in the western conference you would almost have to consider them the favorites. They have the superstar with a proven track record of carrying a team in the finals, a coach with championship experience, and probably the best second option of any team remaining besides the nets. The lakers were derailed by injuries, and the other remaining contenders in the west either aren’t proven or lack the overall ingredients that the clippers seem to have.
    I’m not saying it will be easy and they have been pushed to the brink already, but the window is wide open and anything short of a finals appearance would have to be considered a massive disappointment. Not sure if they can win it if they get there, but they have to get there this year.

1+
    sniper
    Participant

I don’t see them as favorites; I’d be moderately surprised if they beat Utah and somewhat shocked if they won it all. Yes they have a proven superstar and a strong, but very streaky, second option. After that things get shaky.

If you were picking a team from the rosters of the Clippers and Jazz, Kawhi, PG13, Mitchell and Gobert would no doubt go in some order as the top 4 picks. But after that? I think I would pick Ingles, Bogdanovic, Clarkson, O’Neale and maybe even Favors before I picked a 3rd player from the Clips.

1+
    Scrooge McDuck
    Participant

watch closely. They had Morris, Kennard, Jackson, taking most of the shots in the 4th quarter. Along with no clippers playing defense. Utah is very good this year.

The CP3, Griffin, Jordan, Redick, team was a better team.

Utahs very good

2+
    SwatLakeCity
    Participant

With the Lakers out of the way, this is their best chance to make the finals…but they won’t make it there. They’ll have to get past both Utah and Phoenix, and that is not happening. Those are two incredible teams that both play very well together not relying on any one player in particular but play was a whole, and rely on team chemistry rather than one superstar player to lead them. That is what wins games in the end. A superstar helps, yes, but team chemistry wins out in the end. And wins is what you need to succeed in the Western Conference Finals and ultimately the NBA Finals. I see Utah and Phoenix facing off in the Western conference finals and then one of them playing either the Sixers, Nets or Bucks in the Finals. Sorry Clips fan, muti-billionaire owner, Steve Ballmer but Clips are out. Which means that if Ballmer is going to make true on his promise to get the Clips past being just a disappointment, he will have to do it with major roster moves. Which could mean that Kawhi would probably start by demanding to leave, unless major changes are made. (He’s a lot like Kobe in that respect) They lost a lot more than they bargained for by losing both Lou Williams and Montrezl Harrell. (They lost a lot more in Trez than they did in Lou IMO)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login